The penis and male identity

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC DEEP --- this is a pot, kettle, black moment. "You can't wiiiiin," as Michael sings in The Wiz.

You reveal unfortunate things about your character by telling him to get counseling, which is what he told me to do after I gave him a series of answers that he did not like/understand.

So I guess he is also revealing unfortunate things about himself via all his "inquisitive" posts and "honest questions."

How dare he insinuate that you are not qualified to answer a question because you are gay. I used to be straight--does that enable me to answer half the question? Oh right--I don't let other people decide when I can and can't chime in on a topic.

If it looks like and duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

put it on your ignore list.

mdp75

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm straight but I have always been fascinated with cocks bigger than mine. This is simply due to my own insecurity of knowing that women really do want to be filled and that I don't measure up to do that.
When having sex, I'd love to have my girl reeling in pleasure instead of closing her eyes and using her imagination or just smiling at me. It would also be nice to give her a vaginal orgasm instead of clitoral.
It can also be difficult to commit to a relationship, knowing that she's missing out on great sex with another adequately hung guy. Or maybe she isn't and I don't know about it. It's happened to me numerous times.
I've got everything going for me as far as looks, body, income, sense of humour, talking to women, etc, but my dick leaves me feeling so inferior.
So that's my reason for being straight and interested in other men's cocks.

Its sad that you feel you can not do these things that you mention for the person you love... when in truth its not the size of your penis that is keeping you from achieving these things but the size of your confidence . I am not very large just about 7 inches, more like 6.5 unless really worked up but i tend to be a little thicker than avg. and have given the vast majority of women I have been with multiple vaginal orgasms. I have been told told by most of the women i have been with I was the best they have ever been with. Its not the size of my penis that does this for me... its the size of my heart... my passion ... and my desire to please. My wife and I have the best sex either of us have ever had in out lives. we have been best friends since pre school.. have both been married and divorced to other people and have both been with multiple partners, probably more than either of us wish to admit. She has had bigger and smaller... and its has never been the size of the man that has left her feeling empty and unsatisfied... its been the size of his heart.. sprry for any misspellings or grammar i am a horrid typist and even worse speller

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's nothing unfortunate about my own character. I'm just saying I think there's some pathology going on, if you ascribe that much magical power to a body part. I really don't understand how you think a healthy mind can believe that a man's "source of power" is his penis. If you are going to pass that off as a gay/straight issue, and the "source of power" crap is only for straight men, then please explain to me what a "gay man's source of power" is supposed to be, if not the penis? Fabulous shoes? Well-waxed-and-groomed eyebrows?

I'm sorry if the fact that you, and other men, all have penises, is a source of angst for you. I will not apologize for my assertion that it's not healthy. It is not.

My hair is thinning. It doesn't really bother me that much, but if I could wave the magic wand and have thicker hair again, yes, I would. I won't take drugs or get implants for it, but yeah, given the choice, I would choose for it not to fall out. Do I get a twinge of jealousy when I see other men my age with a thick head of hair (like my partner)? Yeah. Does it cause me any angst? Not at all. Do I measure my masculinity and sense of self on a single body part, and not my whole self? No fucking way.

For whatever it's worth, DC-DEEP has voiced an opinion I've had for quite some time, not just about Henry Miller but other members of LPSG as well.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For whatever it's worth, DC-DEEP has voiced an opinion I've had for quite some time, not just about Henry Miller but other members of LPSG as well.
Thanks, Bb. You and I seem to share a lot of philosophical similarities. Did you notice that this question went unanswered?

If you are going to pass that off as a gay/straight issue, and the "source of power" crap is only for straight men, then please explain to me what a "gay man's source of power" is supposed to be, if not the penis? Fabulous shoes? Well-waxed-and-groomed eyebrows?

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
I think that for a lot of men, the penis represents power. A man is attracted to the idea of his own power.

I think power sums it up quite well. Power comes in many forms, such as money, looks, position in a company, intelligence, popularity, etc., and can be connected to survival of our species (reproduction) in one way or another. The penis is a part of the male body plus has the distinction of being more directly connected to survival (the actual physical performance in the bedroom) than the other factors (which can help get you into the bedroom). Men have been showing off their power to women in one way or another probably since caveman days and it's pretty evident women like to see power in men. A big penis represents more contact, more control, and even women who deny that bigger is physically better admit that the sight of a big penis is an extra turn on. It's not an extra turn on for no reason. It's the way things are set up.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've also wondered if men seem to be more invested in their penis because as children they have to handle it yet some of them are given a conflict about this by their mothers, they have to hold it to pee yet their mum's attitude might be one of 'get it away as soon as possible, it's rude' if they're caught playing with it they're told it's naughty, so perhaps this makes them even more interested in it than they would otherwise be. This thing that feels nice to hold is naughty, therefore there's some sort of power in that.