The Penis is a Muscle!

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Possible explanation for why the medical community says PE doesn't work? It is profitable to the Medical Industry for people to believe this even if it does work. There are now drugs which can be prescribed that are specifically for penis enlargement (used to cure the disease micropenis). If the medical industry says PE exercises don't work, they use their collective clout to help sell their PE drug (which works, but not on a permanent basis).

Doctors' attitudes toward PE reminds me a lot of their attitudes on circumcision. Different motives for circumcision have been proposed over the years, but most people don't know it was originally introduced to the US to stop guys from masturbating. Thanks to Victorian Age morals (and faulty use of the scientific method) masturbation used to be thought of as the cause of pretty much every disease we didn't know the cause for. So they decided to make masturbation more difficult and less pleasurable for males by circumcising them (and we've suppossedly just discovered that this happens :rolleyes:). When it was discovered the reasoning wasn't valid they kept coming up with other ones (cleanliness, prevention of UTIs, prevention of STDs, etc) in order to keep the status quo alive, because doctors knew circumcision was necessary, no matter how many times the reason kept changing.

Same goes for PE exercises, doctors have been saying they don't work for so long that even if there were originally studies which proved they were ineffective, they have long been forgotten, and doctors of today take unavailability of studies claiming the contrary to be proof of their claim's credibility.

Sorry to go off on that tangent, but I was reminded of it because circumcision was hotly debated in an anthropological journal that I stumbled upon, and it was mentioned near where the anthropologist went on a journey to the Middle East. The doctor noticed that virtually every single man he inspected had a huge schlong (about 8.5 inches average if I remember). When he inquired as to why that would be the case, he was introduced to the concept of jelqing. The process is briefly described about the same why it is explained in most sites online, and the results seem to match. So even as far back as the early 1900's some western scientists had discovered jelqing.

Doctors, btw, did not go to school for 10+ years to say "I don't know." If something is generally accepted as fact in the medical community they will generally present it as such, regardless of proof, even if it is outside their actual field. Doctors prescribe pills instead of diet and surgery instead of exercise. Why? They know the surgery and pills work. They're not a fitness trainer or a dietician. Forget PE exercises, try searching through medical journals to see how many treatment involve exercise at all. Doctors treat Type II diabetes with insulin, not by telling their patients to hit the treadmill for 30 minutes a day.

/endrant

In all seriousness, ask anyone who runs a Penile Enlargement website for why they think it works. You will probably get diagrams, exercise theory, extrapolation from other studies on similar subjects, and success stories from people who've used it successfully. Ask a urologist why it doesn't work, and you'll get an expert opinion that is founded on nothing. Unfortunately the PhD means that in our society, that unfounded opinion carries more weight. And as for the one study that was found in favor of PE Exercises, that's still one more study than has been shown to disprove their effectiveness.