The Penis Paradox: We cant control it

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
The result of having posted almost 100 posts in only four days is that I no longer feel like I have much problem with it. Frankly, I think that my word choice to begin with may've led people to perceive incorrectly that it's a big issue for me. Ultimately, it ain't. When I think about the issue itself, then I feel disappointed. But I don't think about the issue itself that much.

In those nearly 100 posts, I have talked about a lot more than just the fact that I wish my penis were bigger. I've talked about male archetypes, therapy, school showering, homophobia, sexism, American puritanism. I'm an intellectual and I love to write and I type more than 90 words per minute.

The reason I have posted so much is because I've been so moved to see a combination of men, gay, straight, all ages, etc., talking about something that is rarely talked about in the "off-line world." Not that I owe anyone an explanation, though.

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
But does the brain change in accordance to anyone's wishes? Sure, the body changes. Who doesn't know that? But I'd argue that most of our bodies change in ways that we don't want, which is what this thread is all about.

Ridiculous comment about me spouting "dogmas." Who the fuck has ever, without the use of surgery or something like that, enlarged his penis? I'm sure some have claimed to have done so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

This is not dogma but science.

I have a link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

Originally posted by nick22ca@Oct 27 2005, 09:41 PM
Really, these dogmas are starting to get to me. We are not born with a fixed size, and I think we probably could choose our size within reason. The thing is that people are still stuck in a mentality that their body is predestined to be a certain way. Even a few decades ago brain plasticity wasn't thought to exist. If something as complex as the brain can modify its structure and function in a matter of days, then I hardly think a penis is out of the question.
[post=356120]Quoted post[/post]​

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is wikipedia your only source? And I'm sorry, but I say that it is dogmatic bullshit because it is dogmatic bullshit. I don't need a lecture on science. Is your definition of penis enlargement an enlargement of the penis any time after puberty? Do you consider this impossible? And if you don't, what would you credit this further development to if it is brought upon naturally? And our bodies can change in the ways we want them to, the problem is that the science hasn't reached the people. In any case, saying we can't change our penis size is severely underestimating the power of the brain. This in itself is ignorant, since the brain is both extremely complex and not well understood. And for each advance we make concerning the brain, scientists tend to be extremely surprised by its capabilities. So I'm sorry, but to delineate that we can't choose our penis size before the brain is even understood seems pretentious.

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
To be completely honest, I have no idea where you're coming from.

By your reasoning, the following could happen:

1. All men disappointed that their penises aren't as big as they'd like would suddenly be able to make them get bigger if they really wanted -- simply by wanting it so.

2. All men who are occasionally embarrassed or feel objectified because they have big penises would be able to change the size of their penis in accordance to their desires.

If the two scenarios above had any correlation to reality then this forum wouldn't be necessary.

The issue of whether Wikipedia is my only source of information is irrelevant. The issue is whether the information I present is factual.

Originally posted by nick22ca@Oct 27 2005, 10:25 PM
Is wikipedia your only source? And I'm sorry, but I say that it is dogmatic bullshit because it is dogmatic bullshit. I don't need a lecture on science. Is your definition of penis enlargement an enlargement of the penis any time after puberty? Do you consider this impossible? And if you don't, what would you credit this further development to if it is brought upon naturally? And our bodies can change in the ways we want them to, the problem is that the science hasn't reached the people. In any case, saying we can't change our penis size is severely underestimating the power of the brain. This in itself is ignorant, since the brain is both extremely complex and not well understood. And for each advance we make concerning the brain, scientists tend to be extremely surprised by its capabilities. So I'm sorry, but to delineate that we can't choose our penis size before the brain is even understood seems pretentious.
[post=356129]Quoted post[/post]​

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
By the way, I never said men are unable to choose to enlarge their penis. And had I said so, that wouldn't even constitute a "dogma" on my part. Do you have any idea what the word "dogma" means?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dogma

Of course people can change their penis size -- but only after they have decided that what they were born with is not what they want. That's the point at which I mean we can't choose our penis size!

Maybe I can elaborate to make this more understandable for you: "To begin with we couldn't choose our penis size. For some of us, after we decide that what we were born with was not what we wanted, we can indeed change our penis size."

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The two points you typed could happen yes, we just aren't there yet. If we know more about the mechanisms, then it would be easier to accomplish. As I said, in any case, my view is a lot more cautious and logical than yours. And the information you provide isn't factual, it is based on your own folk theories. What you observe isn't how things necessarily order themselves. So let's assume your "information" is that we can't enlarge our penis over the course of many years by some mechanism that would involve us "thinking" about it. How is that factual? Because you've never seen it happen? How many men have you interviewed in this situation? Not only is it a folk theory, but you completely discount what we don't know about the human brain. No, that isn't science, that is neglecting science. I never claimed I knew the mechanism by which the brain could control penis growth into adulthood...but if the brain was responsible for it once (during puberty), then most likely it can be responsible for it again.

Also, you claimed to be an intellectual. The people I've met in the real world who claim to be intellectual tend to be the most pretentious, and as a consequence, the most convinced that their folk theories are correct. I'm getting a Joint Honors degree in neuroscience and psychology, with a minor in biochemistry. I never have and never will consider myself an intellectual, much less called myself one.

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Skinny Guinea@Oct 28 2005, 05:36 AM
By the way, I never said men are unable to choose to enlarge their penis. And had I said so, that wouldn't even constitute a "dogma" on my part. Do you have any idea what the word "dogma" means?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dogma

Of course people can change their penis size -- but only after they have decided that what they were born with is not what they want. That's the point at which I mean we can't choose our penis size!

Maybe I can elaborate to make this more understandable for you: "To begin with we couldn't choose our penis size. For some of us, after we decide that what we were born with was not what we wanted, we can indeed change our penis size."
[post=356132]Quoted post[/post]​

So, we can't choose our specific copies of genes is what you mean, not so much that we can't choose our penis size. You are assuming that penis size is coded by genes, I would completely disagree.

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
Frankly, I can't think of a more tedious conversation that I've ever had. Bye, dude. This pointless, boring, and bizarre.

Originally posted by nick22ca@Oct 27 2005, 10:41 PM
The two points you typed could happen yes, we just aren't there yet. If we know more about the mechanisms, then it would be easier to accomplish. As I said, in any case, my view is a lot more cautious and logical than yours. And the information you provide isn't factual, it is based on your own folk theories. What you observe isn't how things necessarily order themselves. So let's assume your "information" is that we can't enlarge our penis over the course of many years by some mechanism that would involve us "thinking" about it. How is that factual? Because you've never seen it happen? How many men have you interviewed in this situation? Not only is it a folk theory, but you completely discount what we don't know about the human brain. No, that isn't science, that is neglecting science. I never claimed I knew the mechanism by which the brain could control penis growth into adulthood...but if the brain was responsible for it once (during puberty), then most likely it can be responsible for it again.

Also, you claimed to be an intellectual. The people I've met in the real world who claim to be intellectual tend to be the most pretentious, and as a consequence, the most convinced that their folk theories are correct. I'm getting a Joint Honors degree in neuroscience and psychology, with a minor in biochemistry. I never have and never will consider myself an intellectual, much less called myself one.
[post=356134]Quoted post[/post]​

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Did you check out the link at the bottom of the reference below? It lists "Men famous for being well endowed"...interesting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men_f...ng_well_endowed</p>
Originally posted by Skinny Guinea+Oct 27 2005, 03:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skinny Guinea &#064; Oct 27 2005, 03:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not true at all. I&#39;ve read cases of men with six inches getting enhancement surgery so they could have nine inches. Did you hear about, or see, what John Wayne Bobbit did? He went from something like five inches to eight inches with some kind of surgery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_enlargement

<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Oct 27 2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah, but they only do surgical enhancement in cases of buried penis, micropenis, and so on.
[post=355784]Quoted post[/post]​
[post=355793]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the enlargement surgery&#39;s dangerous. It can leave you impotent if they screw up. That&#39;s why most doctors only do it under certain circumstances.