The people that say the US is the greatest country rant.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Marazion Analdouche, Jun 15, 2008.

1. D_Marazion Analdouche

Warning long ass rant! I will break it up into two parts. Part two will deal with the "USA sucks" people. There may be spelling/grammar issues, I just typed this out on the fly.

This is about something I've been so tired of hearing about here and in other forums. The whole "the USA is the best country in the world" "the USA sucks and gets involved in everyones business" ideal. I am going to make an attempt to put things in perspective here and issue a few "please STFU" to a few people. By that I mean groups of people not calling out individuals.

First a little background on me for those that may have not read a few of my other posts. I'm about to turn 37, been married, have 2 kids, grew up in a lower middle-class family. I joined the Army back in 1989 and have been deployed to every theatre we have been involved with since. Recently it was when I was in the IRR (Ready Reserves) which means I was called back while a civilian enjoying my civilian career.

I've come semi-meager means to working hard getting an engineering degree and a MBA in business and having a very successful career that affords me to live in relative comfort. Both my military and civilian career has allowed me to travel the world quite a bit, however does not make me an expert on anything.

I only list all this to show that I am somewhat well rounded and have a pretty good perspective on things as a whole.

So let's begin shall we?

First I'll deal with the "USA is the greatest country in the world" people. Please shut the fuck up! Now I am not talking about people just being patriotic and loving their country. I agree that this nation as a whole has accomplished a lot in the short amount of time we have existed as a nation. I am talking about the people that are standing on a soapbox and yelling this at the top of their lungs. This does nothing but annoy people. It also progresses our reputation as "cocky, ugly Americans".

We have flaws like any other nation, plus we are on a downward spiral right now. And I'm not even speaking about the current war.

1) We are getting fat and lazy as a nation. Physically it's just getting pathetic, I can't even count how many kids around the age of 12 I see that look like Jared before he found Subway. Parents are letting kids eat Big Macs all the time while they are playing with their Xbox. When I was a kid you couldn't keep me inside. If we had a stick, a ball and a manhole cover we were playing baseball.

You drive around on a weekend now, you would think entire towns are adult only communities. Empty ball fields, parks nobody on bikes. It's really sad, and this comes right from the parents. Pride in yourself is not a trait being handed down to the next generation.

2) Extreme Liberals. Stop telling me I can't spank my kid without having the threat of going to jail. Time outs don't work, they may work for some, but some kids need a kick in the ass once in a while.

Please watch this clip from SouthPark

MyPartyPost- Video Clip- Southpark- ADD

3) Stop assuming that the best way to solve our nations problems is tossing tax dollars at various programs. They don't work, you want to help families in need? Offer tax cuts to companies that offer their employees more than a 3% a year raise. Give incentives to keep jobs in this country by offering said tax breaks. People need to earn raises that are in line with inflation. Programs don't work, parents need to be home instead of working 3 jobs to support a family.

4) Affirmative Action does not work. Take the rediculous tax dollars that were spent coming up with this and the other "programs" to creating more scholarships for those in various levels of economic need. Programs do NOTHING but create more bureaucracy and the need for more tax dollars to go to pay for larger government.

5) Extreme Conservatives. Stop telling me what I can or can't listen to, watch, read, look up online etc. If it's not illegal in a criminal sense and causing harm to someone other than the individual, leave us alone.

6) 60 year old men should not be deciding on what women can do with their bodies. Stop with the bible thumping already.

7) No idea why you are against gay marriage, how many more bathroom stalls has to occur before the hypocrit pin is put on your lapels.

8. You fall under #3 as well. I agree that businesses (big or small) should get tax breaks. However, only if they are giving back in real ways should they be rewarded. Again, promote higher annual raises, keeping jobs in the country, you scream the "home is better with the parents raising the kids" well force companies to shift some profits to the employees to make their lives easier so they CAN stay home and raise their children. Give those companies tax breaks, Day Care is ruining our children.

9) Find another platform other than the "war on terror" yes it's a very real and important issue. But we have a ton of problems within our own borders that were here waaaaaay before 9/11.

10) Speaking of Borders, this goes for both parties. Close them, I have no issue with immigration. I however do not want illegals here, there needs to be a way to track people etc. If you come to this country, work, pay taxes and are not looking for a meal ticket, welcome to the States. If you are looking for a free ride and are a criminal, frankly you should be shot at the border.

I could go on and on and on. So in closing, do I love this country, very much so and would gladly put my life on the line again to defend it. However, not taking opinions of people from other nations, or saying they don't matter because they are not from here.....well is just flat out ignorant. Maybe you can explain to me why we have the right to be so arrogant.

Look for my next thread. The people that say "the US sucks".

2. maestro071

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well you are probably right... But as you know, for us from the "outside world", it concerns much more USA foreign policy and it's influence on the situation in the world and our countries. Not sure that there has been very constructive approach, in hat sence, lately (last 10-15 years)...
    Everyone would 4 sure support and show understanding to States that used to be in the past.
    But, I found it hard to disccuss about it with Americans, believe that there will be needed some time to pass, so to become aware of it's reflection in the eyes of the world...

3. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good post. Can't wait for the next one!

4. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The USA still has a good legacy, but the current situations and needs serve to make us look bad to the rest of the world.

5. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mark Twain summed in up best

" America went from barbarism wo decadence with no civilization in between "

6. D_Marazion Analdouche

Bump because I think people are only reading my other thread and think I'm shitting on just one side of a topic.

7. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

On this side of the fence I will say you are right in all you have written, but considering America is such a young country it has acheived an enormous amount and for that Americans should be proud.
    It does not however mean you are the greatest country in the world. I dont believe that title exists as there are too many factors to consider for it...

8. D_Marazion Analdouche

That was kinda my point.

9. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

Well there you go then. :biggrin1:

10. Xcuze

Gold Member

I agree with the boy with the big dick^

11. D_Marazion Analdouche

Bump again because its getting ignored compared to the other thread. It's funny I create a thread bashing people who scream its all about US and it's ignored. I make one about people that says screw the people that say america sucks and people jump all over my shit.:squintfinger:

It's very laughable.:thinking:

12. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Wow an actual person in Boston who doesn't feel entitled?
    Is straight and isn't against gay marriage!?!
    Hot shit!
    Although I don't agree with all your idea's most are very sane and reasonable.
    You rock today!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

13. ballsaplenty2156

ballsaplenty2156 New Member

Very well stated, Wartrac.

14. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    People are going to think those things anyway. I made a similar thread and people took it as anti-American and unpatriotic. Apparently patriotism means "blind, ignorant praise".:rolleyes:

I wish I'd written mine as well as yours. ESPECIALLY the daycare thing. We argue that parents shouldn't let TV raise their kids, how can they avoid it? They have to work 19 jobs just to keep socks on the kids' feet, nothing they can do but drop 'em off at a babysitter who's just gonna plop 'em in front of the TV. We're SUPPOSED to be influenced by our parents, but we can't receive that influence if they're only home from 3:00 am to 3:30 am to shower before their next shift.

And affirmative action fucked a lot of people over, black and white. In areas with low concentrations of blacks, they position went to any black, regardless of abilities or qualitifications, just so they can say "We've met AA standards" A more capable white person misses the job so some uneducated thug can help a company or school meet shitty requirements. In other areas, once one or two blacks are in the door, the door goes right back to being shut to the rest of us blacks.

15. invisibleman

Gold Member

Warning long ass rant!

I only list all this to show that I am somewhat well rounded and have a pretty good perspective on things as a whole.

So let's begin shall we?

First I'll deal with the "USA is the greatest country in the world" people. Please shut the fuck up! Now I am not talking about people just being patriotic and loving their country. I agree that this nation as a whole has accomplished a lot in the short amount of time we have existed as a nation. I am talking about the people that are standing on a soapbox and yelling this at the top of their lungs. This does nothing but annoy people. It also progresses our reputation as "cocky, ugly Americans".

We have flaws like any other nation, plus we are on a downward spiral right now. And I'm not even speaking about the current war.

1) We are getting fat and lazy as a nation. Physically it's just getting pathetic, I can't even count how many kids around the age of 12 I see that look like Jared before he found Subway. Parents are letting kids eat Big Macs all the time while they are playing with their Xbox. When I was a kid you couldn't keep me inside. If we had a stick, a ball and a manhole cover we were playing baseball.

You drive around on a weekend now, you would think entire towns are adult only communities. Empty ball fields, parks nobody on bikes. It's really sad, and this comes right from the parents. Pride in yourself is not a trait being handed down to the next generation.

2) Extreme Liberals. Stop telling me I can't spank my kid without having the threat of going to jail. Time outs don't work, they may work for some, but some kids need a kick in the ass once in a while.

My mom and dad had Matrix discipline skills and I have the scars to prove it. And I am liberal. Sometimes people discipline their kids wrong though. And severe discipline skills like hitting kids with belts and trees should happen only for severe instances like kids who are found shop lifting, bodily and social disrespecting elder/guardian/relative and bullying at school.

Not because you ARE the parent and you FEEL that it okay to spank or whup that kid because you get frustrated with them. You brought them into this world. They didn't ask to be here.

You can take their TVs, iPods, video game systems, and their cell phones. You can ground them. You can give them extra chores.

3) Stop assuming that the best way to solve our nations problems is tossing tax dollars at various programs. They don't work, you want to help families in need? Offer tax cuts to companies that offer their employees more than a 3% a year raise. Give incentives to keep jobs in this country by offering said tax breaks. People need to earn raises that are in line with inflation. Programs don't work, parents need to be home instead of working 3 jobs to support a family.

4) Affirmative Action does not work. Take the rediculous tax dollars that were spent coming up with this and the other "programs" to creating more scholarships for those in various levels of economic need. Programs do NOTHING but create more bureaucracy and the need for more tax dollars to go to pay for larger government.

5) Extreme Conservatives. Stop telling me what I can or can't listen to, watch, read, look up online etc. If it's not illegal in a criminal sense and causing harm to someone other than the individual, leave us alone.

I agree. I should find out whatever I want to know about the world without peripheral censorship.

6) 60 year old (Older religious minded) men (and women) should not be deciding on what (men and) women can do with their bodies. Stop with the bible thumping already.

I agree.

7) No idea why you are against gay marriage, how many more bathroom stalls has to occur before the hypocrit pin is put on your lapels.

I think that marriage needs to really be reworked for the times. I think that men can be taken advantage of monetarily and asset-wise. Also, relationship-wise. Women can also be taken advantage of too. Both spouses should work things out to where both benefits and things can be compromised before marriage and after marriage.

I think that if a spouse will not have sex with you and/or will not have sex with you and you want sex...you should be able to get it for yourself from someone else. People withold sex. I have been in two relationships where that has been done. I don't like that at all. You shouldn't be penalized over having affairs when the spouse does not fuck you. A sexless marriage. Why EVEN marry? I don't want to EVEN gay marry unless marriage as an institution is worked on for all parties. I am not wanting to marry then end up divorced "broke" and surviving on meager means. That is fuckt up.

And the "for better, for worse" thing. I think that should be rewritten
    "When times get better--appreciate them-- or when times get worse...be resourceful."

8. You fall under #3 as well. I agree that businesses (big or small) should get tax breaks. However, only if they are giving back in real ways should they be rewarded. Again, promote higher annual raises, keeping jobs in the country, you scream the "home is better with the parents raising the kids" well force companies to shift some profits to the employees to make their lives easier so they CAN stay home and raise their children. Give those companies tax breaks, Day Care is ruining our children.

9) Find another platform other than the "war on terror" yes it's a very real and important issue. But we have a ton of problems within our own borders that were here waaaaaay before 9/11.

10) Speaking of Borders, this goes for both parties. Close them, I have no issue with immigration. I however do not want illegals here, there needs to be a way to track people etc. If you come to this country, work, pay taxes and are not looking for a meal ticket, welcome to the States. If you are looking for a free ride and are a criminal, frankly you should be shot at the border.

If America wanted stronger borders...there would be stronger borders. You can't EVEN fly over AREA 51 (black ops US government institution in Nevada) without getting shot down. You can't EVEN trespass on the grounds of AREA 51. There are guards there that will shoot you on sight. Why not put AREA 51 like institutions on the borders? Or black ops projects on the borders. Put U.S. military bases on the borders.

I could go on and on and on. So in closing, do I love this country, very much so and would gladly put my life on the line again to defend it. However, not taking opinions of people from other nations, or saying they don't matter because they are not from here.....well is just flat out ignorant. Maybe you can explain to me why we have the right to be so arrogant.

Look for my next thread. The people that say "the US sucks".

16. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I love my country yes. The same as other people in other nations love theirs. Would i go on a rant about another country in a insulting way ? No . Simply because members on here live in them. Its just a respect i have for other nations and different cultures and most of all the people who live in them.

17. Viking_UK

Gold Member

It all sounds like good old-fashioned common sense to me. It's just a shame it seems to be in short supply these days.

18. Irish

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This isn't something that applies to every marriage, this is a Christian (maybe just Catholic? I'm fuzzy on the specifics) thing. The Catholic Church doesn't exactly allow divorce. "For better, for worse, [etc.]" really comes down to, "Are you sure? Really sure? No matter what? Always? Seriously?"

And when you say, "I do," you're supposed to mean it.

Marriage doesn't have to be a religious thing, and not everyone religion treats it the same way, but from a legal standpoint, we need some consistency and a lot of reevaluation.

19. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

This is the kind of wacky thinking that has no basis at all in reality. Do you realize how much easier life is in America than it was just 20 years ago? In 1988 our GDP was 5 trillion dollars. IN 20 years it in now 14 trillion dollars. That not a downward spiral thats an Triton missile to the next galaxy.

Yep

Please watch this clip from SouthPark

MyPartyPost- Video Clip- Southpark- ADD

This is wrong headed. It is almost if not impossible to use tax breaks to influence outcomes. You say THAT correctly in other paragraphs here but them void it by getting muddled here. Corporations exist for one thing and one thing only, MAKE MONEY FOR THEIR INVESTORS. People should only get raises based on merit. And there is no way to keep jobs in America if they can be farmed out and done cheaper elsewhere. You can buy decent quality shoes at Payless or Walmart cheaper than my mom could 45 years ago. Thats progress. Why does Walmart exist? It is in the consumers self interest to buy things as cheaply as they can and that means products made where labor is cheap. The real issue is education. If you as a parent do not make your kids get really well educated, they will struggle to survive in a global economy.

Dead on

6) 60 year old men should not be deciding on what women can do with their bodies. Stop with the bible thumping already.

As I said in another thread government tells everybody what to do with their bodies. What makes the reproductive organs of a woman more special? Why am I forced to wear a motorcycle helmet? Why can't use human growth hormone? Why can't I use heroin in my own home?

Dead on

You lost your way again

We do? Not really. Life is better than ever now. And the small problems we have government cannot fix.

Illegal aliens are such a win for America is not funny. They pay taxes like Social Security but cannot collect them. What a Ponzi scheme benefiting America. And they do work others will not. How many bus boys and hotels maids come out of America's high schools?

I

Draft saved Draft deleted