The people that say "the USA sucks" rant

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Who says so? Who says so! :chairfall: Sorry. I'm just too amused by this.

Jason, baby, how many times do I have to say it...and you know it as well as I do that JUST because some government agency or facility or organizations posts statistics doesn't mean they're necessarily true.

Jason, baby, how many times do I have to say it...and you know it as well as I do that JUST because some government agency or facility or organizations posts statistics doesn't mean they're necessarily true.

I do know that. You're right. I do, however, think WHO is pretty accurate when it comes to this. Our healthcare just plain sucks compared to a lot of places. Look at the entire flu shot debacle and the latest guidelines on mammograms. It's a joke. The doctors know it and so do the patients. Meanwhile the insurance companies are making record profits at the expense of providing care. Why do we allow a leech into the system at all? Insurance companies do nothing except enrich themselves in the entire process and they add costs without adding any value. The fact that we rely on such a system at all is illogical and ridiculous. The best care in the world is sometimes available in the US to some people but only if they can pay privately for it and KNOW who to go to and what questions to ask and what treatments to get. Not only are the direct costs outrageous but so are the ancillary costs and all that bureaucracy is taking away care from people who need it.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do know that. You're right. I do, however, think WHO is pretty accurate when it comes to this. Our healthcare just plain sucks compared to a lot of places. Look at the entire flu shot debacle and the latest guidelines on mammograms. It's a joke. The doctors know it and so do the patients. Meanwhile the insurance companies are making record profits at the expense of providing care. Why do we allow a leech into the system at all? Insurance companies do nothing except enrich themselves in the entire process and they add costs without adding any value. The fact that we rely on such a system at all is illogical and ridiculous. The best care in the world is sometimes available in the US to some people but only if they can pay privately for it and KNOW who to go to and what questions to ask and what treatments to get. Not only are the direct costs outrageous but so are the ancillary costs and all that bureaucracy is taking away care from people who need it.

We've heard all that and now the thing that NO newspaper or prgram will comment on is the email invasions into the global warming scientists. That story broke yesterday and yet none is commenting on it!
I think these 2 discussions are even beyond us commenting on. The President says they're gonna save billions by getting to the bottom of bad practices in healthcare and medicare etc..when is it going to start? I haven't heard of one person they've yet to save a dime from investigations.