The people that say "the USA sucks" rant

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
[Most of] the people who say the USA sucks haven't been there.

I have.

It doesn't.

End of.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
even for someone to visit one part of usa, like NYC or LA then base our whole country on such a small part would be out of their minds, our country is HUGE compared to most others, we have very deiverse landscape and climates , something for everyone, no 2 states the same, (for the most part), now eveyrone hug and make up

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...I am pretty sure people saying "we did more than you" is going to produce more heat than light.

I agree, craig. I was born and grew up in the USA and now have the fortune to live in Australia. Those of us Americans who get to live outside of our shores for any length of time get the unique opportunity to observe the USA and it's policies with a better perspective than when we lived in the midst of it. Kinda like trying to change a tire by staying INSIDE your car!

What I've seen in that though many of the other nations of the world despise the US's recent policies (in particular...no comment on previous administrations), they almost unanimously say the US Citizens are fine. It's our representative governments that have been the problem. Unfortunately, I subscribe to the "you get the government you deserve" idea. Don't know what the fuck we did to deserve JorgeJr but it certainly has polarised and united our country like few have.

Now, just a little bit of a beef, folks. Not all of you bash the Americans. I usually hear things like:
1) "We like that you are friendly to strangers". I grew up that way and think it's part of the US psyche.
2) "You laugh alot and tell us what you think". This one goes both ways, I guess. Probably where we get in aLOT of trouble sticking our noses in where they don't belong. But you usually know where I stand.
3) But the one that is said to most lately is "How come you guys are so fat?". I'm not fat...most of friends aren't fat. And I've seen PLENTY of fat folks in the UK, Germany, blah blah blah, some of which reside here on this site!!!!! Irrespective of statistics, the fucking globe is fat, particularly in the developed nations, which is embarrasing to say the least, when other countries are starving.

But no one I've met in Australia, Asia, the UK or Mexico has ever said that I am a bad person for being from the USA. So please stop the bashing, folks, and the generalisations. I like the historical arguments but try to keep it less personal and more informative.

The USA has a great selection of scenery (probably why we don't travel enough overseas), lovely people, cheap food and other stuff (especially now), great theatre and music, amazing biz opportunities.

I'm so hoping the new administration will reflect who we are, not who we fear.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I agree, craig. I was born and grew up in the USA and now have the fortune to live in Australia. Those of us Americans who get to live outside of our shores for any length of time get the unique opportunity to observe the USA and it's policies with a better perspective than when we lived in the midst of it. Kinda like trying to change a tire by staying INSIDE your car!

What I've seen in that though many of the other nations of the world despise the US's recent policies (in particular...no comment on previous administrations), they almost unanimously say the US Citizens are fine. It's our representative governments that have been the problem. Unfortunately, I subscribe to the "you get the government you deserve" idea. Don't know what the fuck we did to deserve JorgeJr but it certainly has polarised and united our country like few have.

Now, just a little bit of a beef, folks. Not all of you bash the Americans. I usually hear things like:
1) "We like that you are friendly to strangers". I grew up that way and think it's part of the US psyche.
2) "You laugh alot and tell us what you think". This one goes both ways, I guess. Probably where we get in aLOT of trouble sticking our noses in where they don't belong. But you usually know where I stand.
3) But the one that is said to most lately is "How come you guys are so fat?". I'm not fat...most of friends aren't fat. And I've seen PLENTY of fat folks in the UK, Germany, blah blah blah, some of which reside here on this site!!!!! Irrespective of statistics, the fucking globe is fat, particularly in the developed nations, which is embarrasing to say the least, when other countries are starving.

But no one I've met in Australia, Asia, the UK or Mexico has ever said that I am a bad person for being from the USA. So please stop the bashing, folks, and the generalisations. I like the historical arguments but try to keep it less personal and more informative.

The USA has a great selection of scenery (probably why we don't travel enough overseas), lovely people, cheap food and other stuff (especially now), great theatre and music, amazing biz opportunities.

I'm so hoping the new administration will reflect who we are, not who we fear.

AfknMen.

I've met loads of annoying Americans throughout my life. But loads of fabulous Americans too.

Same goes for Germans.

Same goes for Brits.

Same goes for....you get the gist.

I don't judge Iranians on their political leadership, neither did I ever do so with Iraqui's, neither should Americans be judged so.

We have to learn that our leaders are not some sort of space-aliens with extraordinary powers &/or knowledge.

They are no better or worse, nor mor nor less intelligent or clever than you or I (whatever your race).

Our Governments are populated by mere people and are susceptible to corruption and egomania and the general frailties, foibles and limitations as the rest of us.

Little surprise that they can't get it right, always.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Hey look, the Anti-America squad of LPSG, lead up by (wait for it...) Drifterwood is at it again!

That's right everyone, America shouldn't have bothered fighting against Germany in World War II because it had a goddamn bow on it before they even landed. Why, Stalin was right there handling it all by himself, that wonderful, wonderful man!

Glad to see the moment someone tries to say that America helped to defeat the Germans and change the outcome of that war, you guys can come in and unload your bullshit just as effectively as the first time I saw it done.

Bravo.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
There's a big difference between "helped" as you say and "we saved your ass" which is the all too common mantra of the poorly educated USA USA #1 #1 brigade. When you are honest enough to see the difference, you will understand why some take offence on behalf of those many many millions who lost everything.

I make no apology for being an unbeliever and blasphemer to the creed of Americanism.

YouTube - Monty Python's - Life of Brian-5

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the all too common mantra of the poorly educated USA USA #1 #1 brigade.

I make no apology for being an unbeliever and blasphemer to the creed of Americanism.

How can you possibly argue with something so inarguably awesome as America's ultimate awesomeness in all things that are awesome?!?

Lick my butt and suck on my balls.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well by efficient, I mean that our country's infrastructure is set up in a way that allows people to make money, commute, and exchange ideas, goods, information, all in a timely manner, which in turn helps our country develop and flourish because our citizens are not wasting time having to fend for themselves to stay alive. Ya, there are some things here that could be much more efficient, but all in all, our infrastructure is extremely efficient. We have set up a system that helps the citizen as well as business, as long as you help the system, whereas the majority of the world is like the U.S. was in the year 1900, dirt roads and all

Are you capable of responding with more than one sentence?
Well yeah, if you really need it I can. To say "majority of the world is like the U.S. was in the year 1900, dirt roads and all" is stupid and a demonstration of the unawareness and hubris of Americans, which causes people who live in other countries to hold you in contempt.

I have read other posts of yours and never thought that you were so ignorant of the world. I was surprised to read it quite frankly. That's why I suggested you need to get out and see the world. If you already have, then I don't know how you could have formed such an opinion.

For example, if you ever use the mass transit systems in Europe you'll be shocked to see how easy and fast it is to move from your front door to a location hundreds of miles away without ever getting in a car.

Even a second world nation like Turkey or Egypt has infrastructure that isn't dirt roads and all. Chinese cities have surprisingly good infrastructure. Beijing is amazing in fact.

Last edited:

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Everyone watch the movie Zeitgeist...it gives a complex yet concise picture of what America is. M
ost will say it is all Bullshit...but if any of it is true...OMFG do we have something to talk about..

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really? What have YOU done to create the agricultural dominance of the US? Mayhaps you might want to READ something aobut what has been going on in the agricultural world? Or better yet, take a hard look at the falling scores of US student in regards to science literacy?
Or the 'chrisitanification' of science funding by the state?
Or the punitive actions taken by federal and state officials toward climate science?
Or the complete abandonment of stem cell research... which is now moved to KOREA and other nations who have a more modern way of thinking than 2nd century BC ravings of religious lunatics?

I see a LOT of fucking law school grads every year... but not nearly as many science grads... and get this... in a technological culture, its the sciences that lead the economy.

Our recent boom in "electronics" industries was entirely predicated upon raw quantum mechanics research funded in the 40 and 50s.

Today? the US is NOT investing in the raw genetics and stem cell research that will form the core of the next economic wave... because of politicians pandering to the mythologies of religious imbeciles.

Sorry pal... all over the US the infrastructure is crumbling because THIS generation can't be bothered to fund maintenance of the stuff their fathers and grandfather built.

We can't fight a damn war intelligently because THIS generation can not be called upon to sacrifice, as previous generations were.... No this generation needs to buy crap to support our hollowed out economy entirely reliant upon credit card charges.

All over the world Shithole countries are building projects that make the US look like a backwater...

Here in the states... we are becoming like europe... a bunch of crumbling old crap that will eventually look quaint.

So really... don't just spout off some denial without some EVIDENCE that this generation is on top of things... cause their not.

Can you read english?
The revoking of habeus corpus, the unwarranted wiretapping, (which even John Ashcroft said was totally illegal) the creation of a legal limbo, cruel and unusual punishment, denial of due process... unilaterally breaking 100 year old border treaties with Canada...

Its ALLL illegal.

Seriously.
Even no-bid contracts awarded to companies in which government officials have a monetary interest...
That, too, is against the law...

But of course, who would expect the former lawyer of ENRON... made our Attorney General by GW, to prosecute his buddy for being the biggest criminal in the history of US government?

Or hey...
Valerie Plame.
The administration's collusion in committing treason. Outing an entire branch of CIA operations that did what?
Oh, yeah... Plame's operations tracked stolen nuclear materials to try and keep tabs on who was trying to build nuclear or dirty bombs... ( hint- terrorists.... so much for GWs war on terrorism )

And Cheney, Rove and GW, in outing Plame, exposed every person she wporked with, every covert cover organization, all their contacts....
The CIA had to dismantle the entire operation...

And they pinned it on scooter... and then pardoned him...

The fact that our entire government is in collusion with this rampant illegality and refuses to investigate and hold accountable those perpetrating these crimes does NOT mean its legal...

It means its time to gather up the tar and feathers and DO something about this congress full of paid corporate tools.

You want proof your generation is coasting? ( I mean other than the fact that you are an apologist for the worst president in history)

My father's generation ran Nixon out of office on a rail for FAR LESS.

What's your excuse for not even REALIZING what your president is up to?
What's your excuse for him even being in office....

Dear Phyl Asheyo:

Usually, I tend to gloss over your posts, but this one was very well done. You hit the right notes in the correct order. All of it a matter of public record. I understand Carl Rove is a news commentator for FOX these days. How Rove, Cheney, and curios George have not all been brought up on charges of high crimes and misdemeanors is beyond me. But I'm pleased to see that your chronological analysis is 100% correct. Sadly, the truth doesn't seem to have any real value in the USA of the 21st Century. :frown1:

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just want to apologize to the rest of the world for those Americans that some how feel the harder they wave the American flag, the better they feel about themselves. Most of the time it is those Americans that have never been outside the United States or at best have traveled to 11 countries and seen the Eiffel tower and Big Ben so they know all about France and Great Britain. A two week cruise in the Mediterranean does not really qualify as understanding modern Europe nor its complexed history. Most Americans don't even realize that Italy, Spain, Greece etc have only been countries since the mid 1800's.

It is not really their fault. Americans grow up drinking the Cool-Aid that tells them the United States is some kind of altruistic country that only wants peace and democracy in the world when in fact we have put in more tyrants and murders in power than any other country in the past century, (Congo, Panama, etc and yes even Sadam)

Don't get me wrong, I love America with both it's greatness and flaws, but lets not whitewash this country like it is some knight in shinny armor. It is certainly not that. Hellboy is absolutely right, most people outside the United States do not bash Americans, they bash our incredibly arrogant government and its foreign policies.

And midlifepear, there are two reasons why George W was not impeached, a Republican congress and a Democratic party that did not want Dick Cheney to be president. Bush has done more to weaken and destroy the constitution and eroded our freedoms than Sadam would have ever been able to do. Let us hope that our next president will once again put the needs of this great country, reset our moral compass, and start to rebuild a once great nation.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just want to apologize to the rest of the world for those Americans that some how feel the harder they wave the American flag, the better they feel about themselves. Most of the time it is those Americans that have never been outside the United States or at best have traveled to 11 countries and seen the Eiffel tower and Big Ben so they know all about France and Great Britain. A two week cruise in the Mediterranean does not really qualify as understanding modern Europe nor its complexed history. Most Americans don't even realize that Italy, Spain, Greece etc have only been countries since the mid 1800's.

It is not really their fault. Americans grow up drinking the Cool-Aid that tells them the United States is some kind of altruistic country that only wants peace and democracy in the world when in fact we have put in more tyrants and murders in power than any other country in the past century, (Congo, Panama, etc and yes even Sadam)

Don't get me wrong, I love America with both it's greatness and flaws, but lets not whitewash this country like it is some knight in shinny armor. It is certainly not that. Hellboy is absolutely right, most people outside the United States do not bash Americans, they bash our incredibly arrogant government and its foreign policies.

And midlifepear, there are two reasons why George W was not impeached, a Republican congress and a Democratic party that did not want Dick Cheney to be president. Bush has done more to weaken and destroy the constitution and eroded our freedoms than Sadam would have ever been able to do. Let us hope that our next president will once again put the needs of this great country, reset our moral compass, and start to rebuild a once great nation.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
there are two reasons why George W was not impeached, a Republican congress and a Democratic party that did not want Dick Cheney to be president. Bush has done more to weaken and destroy the constitution and eroded our freedoms than Sadam would have ever been able to do. Let us hope that our next president will once again put the needs of this great country, reset our moral compass, and start to rebuild a once great nation.

Thanks for this, auncut10in.

I have been accused of being anti-American on more than one occasion. I'm not anti-American. I just don't like a government that no longer represents it's people.