Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
...so I'm not sure if it'd be smart to make a move on the first date... well, I guess it all depends on the situation

Maybe this shows the respect I was taught when I was growing up, but I've always said at the end of a first date that "I'd like to kiss you; would you mind?" I've not once been rejected for at least a quick peck, but more often than not, it's turned into quite the make-out session.

Go slow, unless the signs say otherwise!

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You guys answering this question that the OP is asking the WOMEN and saying women don't like flowers on the first date need to step up your game. Regardless of age, most women, not all, love getting flowers. It's a thoughtful gesture. If you feel like it's dorky to get a whole bouquet - then get something unique like a single sunflower or something.

But I'm just a silly girl with a small brain, what do I know?

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Maybe this shows the respect I was taught when I was growing up, but I've always said at the end of a first date that "I'd like to kiss you; would you mind?" I've not once been rejected for at least a quick peck, but more often than not, it's turned into quite the make-out session.

Go slow, unless the signs say otherwise!

I've only ever had one guy ASK if he could kiss me. At the time I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard (I hid that of course). We ended up being together for a year and a half, and to this day he remains the sweetest man I've ever known.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I suspect you have a big brain so you would know. And point taken. I only offered a bit of advice concerning a particularly bad experience.

=P
I wasn't aiming my comment at anyone in particular. I just think a lot of men have given up and are lazy. I'm totally for bringing back old school dating. But that's just me. I'm old fashioned, and I'm jaded. It's a tricky combination.

SweetLovesVick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ladies above what are the chances that the males offering their expert advice to the nice OP have actually gone on a date in the last 30 days?:biggrin1:

:eek: I already know the males are going to stone me for that comment :eek:

Casual dinner, single flower of your choice and good conversation.

Comments I have heard when a woman talks about a date the next day with her friends: "He brought you flowers and took you to dinner? Hey if you don't like him give me his number!"

Just saying you asked LPSG women what works in a mans favor on a date.

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
=P
I wasn't aiming my comment at anyone in particular. I just think a lot of men have given up and are lazy. I'm totally for bringing back old school dating. But that's just me. I'm old fashioned, and I'm jaded. It's a tricky combination.

For what it's worth I actually did have flowers and a gift (which I was going to reveal at the end of the date--it was an antique teddy bear because I had heard she collected them) for the gal that took off half way through the date with another guy. And, yeah, I had to pay for her half eaten meal at a pretty expensive restaurant.

But such gestures might not be wasted on a gal like Serial Kisser here. So don't discard it as an idea.

SweetLovesVick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For what it's worth I actually did have flowers and a gift (which I was going to reveal at the end of the date--it was an antique teddy bear because I had heard she collected them)
But such gestures might not be wasted on a gal like Serial Kisser here. So don't discard it as an idea.

Basincreek you showed a lot of class being a gentleman on the planning for that date. I am so sorry she was not the girl for you. Sign up on some real well known dating sites and I am sure you will be able to get plenty of dates. The flower or gift at the end of the date is also a great touch!

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
She would be very impressed if you surprised her by finding out her favorite restaurant, or what type of food she likes best. Do you know any of her friends? Maybe she loves Thai food or is a dessert fanatic? Check to see if a bakery is open late where you live and stop by on the way home and treat her to something she can take home. I would skip the flowers and any type of gift on the first date. Pay attention to her, be confident, and DO NOT even glance at another girl!!! You might be surprised at how many of my single friends will not go on a second date if the guy looked at another chick when they were out and about.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For what it's worth I actually did have flowers and a gift (which I was going to reveal at the end of the date--it was an antique teddy bear because I had heard she collected them) for the gal that took off half way through the date with another guy. And, yeah, I had to pay for her half eaten meal at a pretty expensive restaurant.

UGH! What a bitch! Sometimes I wonder about women. I just feel like the men in my area don't make an effort at all. They aren't thoughtful. They're used to hooking up on the first date and it bugs the fuck out of me that they think that's ok. I need to have been born in an early time era for sure.

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Basincreek you showed a lot of class being a gentleman on the planning for that date. I am so sorry she was not the girl for you. Sign up on some real well known dating sites and I am sure you will be able to get plenty of dates. The flower or gift at the end of the date is also a great touch!

Well, I'm on Match.com. Not a lot of women in the area though.

UGH! What a bitch! Sometimes I wonder about women. I just feel like the men in my area don't make an effort at all. They aren't thoughtful. They're used to hooking up on the first date and it bugs the fuck out of me that they think that's ok. I need to have been born in an early time era for sure.

Or had been born near me. :cool:

My plan there was to take her out on a picnic for the second date. Something I hear doesn't get done a whole lot. I planned to use some sly questions to figure out what she might want packed for the picnic during the first date. It's just too bad she was so disinterested that she took off with that other guy.

I've only had one date since and that was bad too because the girl in question was only with me to try and get me to hook her up with this good looking friend of mine. :rolleyes:

D_Langstaff Longstaff

Experimental Member
Media
My go to situation is I go for a walk down on the beach. It's a good view, it gives one on one time to talk, and it's romantic. I do not think giving her ANYTHING on the first date is a good idea.

The reason why, is I found a lot of girls are looking for guys to spend money on them and give them things. While I still am a gentleman, that stuff should ONLY come after they have shown genuine interest in you, and giving them things makes you look desperate/needy, after all, it's the first date...why do they deserve your money yet?

If the conversation and everything goes well then you can consider dinner but that is up to you. You know you've got a good one when they aren't asking for anything except your presence and want to be around you.