The Perfect Pose

D

deleted724068

what do you think is the perfect pose for nude photo to upload. this is to help me and maybe some others to take pictures that is perfect. how many times have we seen the typical close up and the mirror reflection shots.
just remember, most pics are taken by the actual person, so it will be a self shot. but there is timers in most cameras so a quick pose can be done before the pic is taken.
if you have any examples, please post so its easier to describe

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
You raise an interesting question and I was compelled to answer simply by telling you what I personally like to see. But then I realized that it's a subjective issue and will vary a good deal with personal tastes. In thinking about the comments and messages I've received on my pics I had the general impression that people respond more to pics that show a little more body along with the cock and pics with outdoor scenery. I shoot a lot of outdoor pics and that seems to go over quite well. Plus, bright sunlight causes the camera's lens to stop down to a high f-number which increases the depth of field and helps insure a sharp image.

But then I thought of a way to quantify people's responses to my images. I've posted over 500 pictures (mostly cock oriented) at the NewbieNudes site and it was a simple matter for me to review the response to my gallery there as the page full of thumbnails includes the number of times each image has been viewed. In scanning through those numbers I found that my original thought of full or partial body along with cock and outdoor pics seemed to score best. But number of views also increases with how long the images have been on the site, and I have been posting there for over five years. So I went back to the beginning and picked the first 90 images I had posted, over a period of about 3 months. I had also noticed that cumshots, videos and action pics with another person seemed to score inordinately high so I didn't include any of them. The ninety images averaged about 500 views each and there were only five that had more than a thousand views. I've attached them here and their respective file names are the number of views each had received.

The result surprised me a little, as I am a senior citizen and the two highest scoring images were full bodied pics of what is clearly an older man. I guess not everyone is turned off by age. Of course one has to keep in mind that the NN site is nudist/naturist oriented which could skew the numbers a little towards body shots and outdoor shots, but the numbers reflect what I've seen in responses to my pictures at any number of image sharing sites.

Finally, I'd like to point out that there is more than just the pose to be considered. The quality of the image is also greatly affected by how sharp the focus is. As previously mentioned, bright sunlight makes getting a sharp image easier. But most cameras also need to be put into their "macro" mode in order to get a sharp close up image. And when shooting from the hip, with cock in one hand and camera in the other, motion blur can be an issue. My advice is always to take a gazillion pictures and then throw out all but the very best images. That's the beauty of digital photography, the images you trash don't cost you anything.

That's probably a whole lot more information than you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

ST

Attachments

cityson

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Silvertip,
While it wasn't me who put the question in the first place, I want to thank you for taking your time to share your view and experience on this topic in such detail. You are very well-spoken and it was a joy reading you.

It's very interesting, the part about your analysis re. showing more than just your junk. I am with you one hundred percent that you should and I wish more blokes here did! I want to see the person to whom the cock and balls are attached; this is how it works IRL and what makes it hot. The endless stream of just crotch close-ups gets rather boring after a while, no matter how awesome the guy's package is. Also, seeing a bit of the surrounding environment, be it in- or outdoors, only adds to the excitement and fantasy (as does various fetish gear).

/C.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
... The endless stream of just crotch close-ups gets rather boring after a while, no matter how awesome the guy's package is. ...

Well, this site is all about the PENIS so I guess it's understandable that most guys show just their cock. And I for one never tire of seeing good, high quality images of beautiful cocks. But in general I agree that it's nice to see a bit more of the person and their surrounding. One reason I like the NN site is that they allow images up to 2048 x 1536 so you can get the best of both worlds, i.e. the whole man and good detail of his package. I've always wished that LPSG would move to supporting larger images but with the number of members here I can see that it could create a bandwidth problem.