The pitfalls of Cybersex

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A coworker recently told a story about online hookups that got me thinking:

While she was living in NYC, her 16 year old daughter met a 36 year old man online and begin a cybersex relationship with him. With both parties being smart they concealed their identities. The girl knowing the guy's true age pretended to be 19 and they would not show their faces on cam.
It quickly got to a stage where they would spend hours pleasuring themselves on cam while talking about meeting and having a real sexual relationship. The girl was begining to fall for this guy she claimed was the hottest, most sweetest person on the planet and about a year into this they guy decided he wanted to meet her during an upcoming trip to NYC. He sent her his pic and asked for her's in return. The girl got cold feet and consfessed it all to my co-worker and showed her the pic that my co-worker immediately id'ed as her ex-bf and this girl's biological father!

My co-worker after telling us this tale immediately admitted that it was not true but made it up because she wanted us to think about how in this day and age it is entirely possible that you could be having cybersex with your parents, sibling or close relatives without even realizing it.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My co-worker after telling us this tale immediately admitted that it was not true but made it up because she wanted us to think about how in this day and age it is entirely possible that you could be having cybersex with your parents, sibling or close relatives without even realizing it.

Complete and utter horseshit.

There is a strong chance I would recognise my mother / father / sibling from typing style (in IM) and sentence construction / phrase use alone. All of my close relatives I would recognise physically without needing to see a face - and most of them I'd recognise from what was in the background of their cam shot.

If you mean there could be someone out there I don't know I'm related to that I could end up cybersexing with well - long odds I say* - about the same as bumping in to an unknown half-sibling down the local and copping off (less my case... bless my dear old dad :rolleyes:).

I repeat - horseshit - your colleague watches too much Jerry Springer.

* very long odds seeing as I don't cam, but even if I did...

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree, only once in the whole time I've used the net have I encountered anyone I knew, usually if I'm chatting to someone I throw in a few questions that would ensure they're not local for a start. As Manly says you'd recognise someone close from the way you communicated, and you'd mention things and they'd say 'oh I know that/him' and you'd realise you were speaking to someone local, once you do that you take steps to make sure you don't know them, and if it came to cam you'd recognise someone close from their build, background, jewellery etc.

There are dangers to cybersex but I don't think finding yourself filthing it up with your parent/sibling is one of them, I think the danger of getting involved is far more likely.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That stuff only happens in goofy teen exploitation movies.

Now I personally know someone who was 15, posed as 25, feigned it online (no cybersex, but plenty of cam action). Went out IRL and met these men, slept with several of them and when she had finally fallen for one, she confessed her charade.

So even though these things are rather far fetched, they do happen....

About as often as Hayley's Comet comes round I'd fathom.