the places you've met your lovers and friends..

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cutedorkwho, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cutedorkwho

cutedorkwho Member

Albums:
    I am curious to hear where guys and gals have met their best friends, sweethearts, lovers, boyfriends and girlfriends and people of the "keeper" nature. :)

I personally disslike nightclubs and the whole environment so I'm looking for other ideas that might not be everyones first thought.

Being a college student sounds like the perfect ploy to meet tons of great peopl, I know, but I haven't honestly met a soul I feel like spending a lot of time with. I've always met people through forced-introduction situations before..like grade school or work. Now with a bit more freedom, I'm finding it frustrating!

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Right here, actually.

Previously, mainly friends of friends, for bfs / fwbs. I met lots of great friends at college, and planty of one-nighters, but no bfs or long term lovers. Never met anyone at a club or bar that I formed a last friendship / relationship with.

Just hang out and be open to chatting to whoever and their friends - you'll have a bunch of friends soon enough,

3. naughty

Gold Member

For some reason, I met two of my longest lasting boyfriends on trains.:eek: The first was in my senior year of undergrad, Unknown to me he had been watching me everyday walk to the subway from his Corvette. I had seen the car but hadnt thought too much of it until the fateful day when he lept from it and followed me up to the platform and said he usually didnt do things like this but he had to meet me and take a chance. I was so shocked I gave him my number. He is now a corporate lawyers who specializes in Mergers and acquisitions. The second I met while in graduate school in NY, and he was in Law School at a private Institution in New Haven. :rolleyes: We were both coming home that weekend and we literally collided at the gate in Penn Station. We sat together and talked non stop for 5 hours. We ended up dating for 12 years of and on. He is now a lobbyist and senior VP for his corporation.

4. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

My best friend is my mom, she was introduced to me while her head was in a trashcan. My husband, i met him at a 4th of July party.

5. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    I dont know, twice in one day, ok , i get it, im single, lol

6. B_AlyssaMarissa

B_AlyssaMarissa New Member

Well i met steph while she was working at hooters, lol.

7. Henryclan

Henryclan Member

Albums:
    30 years ago my wife and I were both high school math teachers. I got transferred to her school and ended up working in the classroom next to hers. We met and within 3 months we were the talk of the school.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Oh please, you got damn lucky and you know it! :rolleyes: Some of us are probably doomed to a life of quiet desperation. :frown1:

You need to get rid of that PT Cruiser and get back on the train.

9. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I've met many of them in O clubs, either the official ones or the inofficial ones around AFB's. Must say, the inofficial clubs usually were a lot more open and the atmosphere a lot better for dates. The official clubs were good for an occasional quite dinner together, but always more on the uptight side. You surely couldn't expect the Girls Gone Wild crew to show up there, they wouldn't have shot an inch of footage.

In my civil life, I've still met a lot of men at bars around military bases, plus the usual bars. I'm always a fan of the informal clubs to meet, take it to a more formal one for the first date, etc.

10. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Well,itcha ride to workI met my first husband while it was raining,and I was trying to hitch a ride to work.Jay asked if he could pick me up from work and I said sue! Long story short,he picked me up,came over for coffee
    and ending up spending the night,no sex! The next day he came back after
    school,he was an electrical engineering student at Northeastern,and he spent the night and I moved in that weekend! it was "Love at first sight"!
    Jay and I, were married a month later,and it lasted for 8 years.
    My second and third husbands,I met on match.com Bob is a Medical Malpractice Attorney,and Mr. Ed drives a truck. Bob and I were married after three months,I didn't want to, but I felt obligated,and Mr Ed and I have been together for three years going on four,we were married in August of last year,and Bob and I ,were together for,six years.
    I like being married and single!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

11. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Maybe, baby - but so did he :wink:

Some - but not you... :smile:

12. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I've only had one really long term relationship. I met him in Mensa.

Oh, and even people you meet in places other than bars, etc. may not be nice people. I met The Asshole from the late 80s at the school I was going to - he was in a lot of my classes.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

That has yet to be proven. Trust me, I'll be 42 in April and have pretty much given up hope of finding the one, here or anywhere else for that matter. :redface: I wrote about that here.

14. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Join the club. I'll be 45 in April and have not found "the one", either. Granted, I'm not particularly looking for "the one" right now, but supposedly I'm told that you find him when you're not looking for him. (yeah, right...) And if it should happen, that'd be great. I try to have some fun in the meantime, but am looking for someone who would agree with my new sig (that is REALLY hard to find!)

15. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Oh please!
    If I can find three,you guys will surely find one, for yourselves!:biggrin1:
    cigarbabe:saevil:

16. Principessa

Gold Member

I can see how you would think that; but what if you and people like MB have just been greedy and ruined otherwise good men so that women like myself and WIRW are left with the dregs. :confused::redface:

17. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

School, through other people and random events.

18. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most of my friends I met in school. One of them I met throught work, but the rest were from school.

19. Gonzo3

Gold Member

Albums:
    ........Met my new friend while out in the woods walking the dog ....lol.

20. naughty

Gold Member

LOL! Im doing just fine in my PT. Well maybe not I just had to take it to the shop last week and it still isnt acting right. SOunds like some people I know! LOL!

Draft saved Draft deleted