The pledge to america is the plague on america, gop style

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Sep 25, 2010.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

isnt it amazing how the party that inherited a 20 billion dollar surplus from Clinton and then left a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit for Obama is claiming to have the answer to solve the problem THEY caused?
    We dont need tax cuts for those making more than 250k a year. We dont need repeal of health care. We dont need endless war in Afghanistan with no timeline for pullout.
    We dont need the Gop plan or their proposed majority in congress. period.

2. baldyboy8000

baldyboy8000 Member

You need to check your figures.
    And, what about the promises made if Obama is elected?..what about 'you can keep the insurance you have when Obama care is passed'? ...a lie..what about your visits for medical care will be free or drastically reduced???another lie.
    NO ONE thought the changes he talked about would be BAD changes. They assumed they would be GOOD changes........
    should I go on and on.....?
    BY THE WAY, IF OBAMA CARE IS SO GREAT AND GOOD, WHY IS OBAMA TRAVELING A G A I N TRYING TO SELL IT?? A G A I N

3. maxcok

Gold Member

The "Pledge to America" ???

Sounds familiar.

Didn't we seen this movie before? :usa2:

4. Rammajamma771

Rammajamma771 New Member

I'm a conservative, not a Republican. I got sucked into the Contract with America in 1994. Newt Gingrich couldn't or wouldn't complete the contract be casue he was too busy whoring around with staff member and cheating on his second wife with whom he had cheated on his first wife. Don't listen to what either party tells you. They all lie and then do what the party leaders tell them to do. VOTE NO INCUMBENTS! New folks can't fuck up the system any worse than the incumbents already have.

5. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    "The Pledge" is a product of (willfully) delusional thinking, i.e. it's a lie. I'd say it's another lie, except it's the same lie these assholes have been feeding people for quite some time:

Full article here.

6. baldyboy8000

baldyboy8000 Member

TOTALLY AGREE.

UOTE=Rammajamma771;3009601]I'm a conservative, not a Republican. I got sucked into the Contract with America in 1994. Newt Gingrich couldn't or wouldn't complete the contract be casue he was too busy whoring around with staff member and cheating on his second wife with whom he had cheated on his first wife. Don't listen to what either party tells you. They all lie and then do what the party leaders tell them to do. VOTE NO INCUMBENTS! New folks can't fuck up the system any worse than the incumbents already have.[/QUOTE]

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Well perhaps if Senate Republicans were more interested in actually passing legislation instead of playing politics, many of the provisions you claim Obama "lied" about would have remained in the bill and we wouldn't be having this discussion? Also, considering that many members of the GOP are getting their campaign strategies from the current administration they claim to hate, such as their so-called "Pledge To America" which literally takes stipulations from "Obamacare" and tries to repackage them as their own ideas (pre-existing conditions, purchasing plans over state lines, etc), perhaps it could be said that our beloved Kenyan, teleprompter reading president is actually trying to do his job and people like you are too blinded by your own illogical beliefs to actually give the man a little bit of credit for anything?

8. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:

Rachel Maddow Show

loser

9. maxcok

Gold Member

"Never mind the war on terror, the party’s main concern seems to be the war on arithmetic. And this party has a better than even chance of retaking at least one house of Congress this November. Banana republic, here we come."
    Maths? Who needs maths? We don't need no stinkin maths!

Science? What science? . . . .

Ya know, if these cretinous nimrods weren't so ridiculous, they'd be dangerous.

Oh wait . . .

Ya know, if the voters weren't so stupid, . . . .

Oh wait . . .
    "The late Irving Kristol, one of the intellectual godfathers of modern conservatism, once wrote frankly about why he threw his support behind tax cuts that would worsen the budget deficit: his task, as he saw it, was to create a Republican majority, “so political effectiveness was the priority, not the accounting deficiencies of government.” In short, say whatever it takes to gain power. That’s a philosophy that now, more than ever, holds sway in the movement Kristol helped shape.

. . . So the clear and present danger isn’t that the G.O.P. will be able to achieve its long-run goals. It is, rather, that Republicans will gain just enough power to make the country ungovernable, unable to address its fiscal problems or anything else in a serious way.
    As I said, banana republic, here we come."

#9 maxcok, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  10. maxcok

Gold Member

Yeah!!! "Throw the bums out" and replace them with new bums - new bums who don't know anything about governing - when the country teeters on the brink of total economic, institutional collapse. Great strategy. :rolleyes:

Think I've seen this movie before too.

#10 maxcok, Sep 25, 2010
  11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You honestly think newcomers like Rand Paul, Christine O'Donnell, Ken Buck, Sharron Angle, Carl Paladino and Jim Russell are better than who is currently running things in Congress? Or are you just chirping more of that phony, billionaire funded, anti-government angst?

12. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    the only reason to vote out incumbents is to make sure nothing substantive happens in DC. Novices can be easily controlled by lobbyists and spoon fed staffers.

it's why the billionaire brigade went whole hog for term limits at state and municipal levels. and the sheep all followed along.

13. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey Crustbone and the rest of you leftist loonies - CONGRESS is in control of the US Budget NOT the President. Clinton had balanced budgets and a surplus because the GOP controlled congress. The President can only pass or veto a budget!!! I will admit that President Bush wasn't the best leader but Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were out of control because of Dodd and Frank - Bush admin. tried to reign them in but the DEMOCRATIC Congress refused. Sorry but there is plenty of evidence of this all over the Web. If anyone can provide evidence that the US President controls the US Budget please quote me the source!! BTW the current congress STILL has no budget.

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Gee, look what the cat dragged in...
    Do you actually have a point to make, or are you just pissing out more of that Lipton angst over everyone?

15. maxcok

Gold Member

Keep worshipping at the altar of Fux News and swillin that Kool-Aid when we careen over the cliff, k? :rolleyes:

Links please.

[Edit: Yes, we all know Congress sets the budget and the president either signs it into law or vetoes it, at least those of us who passed a high school civics class know that. Thanks for the Wiki link below. How bout some proof of your wacky claims. Not that I care, I'm just mildly curious to see what slanted sources you'll pull up.]

#15 maxcok, Sep 25, 2010
  16. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Sorry, that Wikipedia link is just a definition as to what that department is. It has no information that defends your following ideologies:

1. That Clinton had balanced budgets and a surplus because the GOP controlled congress.

2. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were out of control because of Dodd and Frank - Bush admin. tried to reign them in but the DEMOCRATIC Congress refused.

Care to try again?

18. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The video proves nothing. Those are two random clips that talk about two different issues surrounding Fannie Mac, one in pertaining to home ownership and the other pertaining to rentals. Perhaps if the propagandist who created the video allowed more of the original video play in each clip, instead of doing a putrid iMovie hack job to splice particular segments that only focus on selected sentences, and present it in such a way that it could easily be twisted out of context, you wouldn't be here talking about my inability to hear. And we're still waiting for you to provide unbiased, factual links that support your other arguments. Let's review those:

1. That Clinton had balanced budgets and a surplus because the GOP controlled congress.

2. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were out of control because of Dodd and Frank - Bush admin. tried to reign them in but the DEMOCRATIC Congress refused.

So far, you're 0-3. Will you provide some real sources, or do you have a few more cups of Lipton to spew? :rolleyes:

20. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    wow, how much of an idiot are you? any 6th grade civics class teaches that it is the president who delivers a budget to the congress for review and approval:

United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

united states budget - Google Search

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=president+bush's+budget&aq=f

president bush's budget - Google Search

Draft saved Draft deleted