The police misconduct thread

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unbelievably, the story gets worse. The cop wasn't trying to shoot the unarmed black man lying on the ground with his hands in the air: he was trying to shoot the unarmed white autistic man who was sitting next to him holding a toy truck.

North Miami Officer Was Aiming At Man With Autism, Union Chief Says (NPR, 22 July 2016)

"Fearing for Mr. Kinsey's life, the officer discharged his firearm, trying to save Mr. Kinsey's life," says John Rivera, president of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. "And he missed, and accidentally struck Mr. Kinsey."

Rivera also declared that the case is different from other recent incidents of police shootings of black men, stating, "Folks, this is not what the rest of the nation is going through."

He added, "This is not a case of a rogue cop; this is not a case of police abuse."​

How fucking bad does your judgment have to be before you count as incompetent in police work?
I believe this to be a lie. When Kinsey asked the unidentified officer why he shot him, the officer's answer was, "I don't know." He did not say he missed his target. He did not apologize. He did not get medics promptly to the scene. Officer's left him there bleeding for a while, then they hadcuffed him and left him there bleeding some more. This is not how sense dictates one behaves after an accidental shooting. This is how one behaves if one hopes his victim will die.

Reactions: b.c. and TexanStar

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
why is this always reported as police v. black men when it seems to be a white police against black men case?
You think black cops are any different? I just had an incident this spring with 8 black and Latino useless pigs at my grandmother's property in the Bronx. Let me just say I wouldn't so much as spit on them if they were on fire.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You think black cops are any different? I just had an incident this spring with 8 black and Latino useless pigs at my grandmother's property in the Bronx. Let me just say I wouldn't so much as spit on them if they were on fire.

No I don't no much about this issue - so I was asking. We don't have such an extreme issue with police here.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unbelievably, the story gets worse. The cop wasn't trying to shoot the unarmed black man lying on the ground with his hands in the air: he was trying to shoot the unarmed white autistic man who was sitting next to him holding a toy truck.

North Miami Officer Was Aiming At Man With Autism, Union Chief Says (NPR, 22 July 2016)

"Fearing for Mr. Kinsey's life, the officer discharged his firearm, trying to save Mr. Kinsey's life," says John Rivera, president of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. "And he missed, and accidentally struck Mr. Kinsey."

Rivera also declared that the case is different from other recent incidents of police shootings of black men, stating, "Folks, this is not what the rest of the nation is going through."

He added, "This is not a case of a rogue cop; this is not a case of police abuse."​

How fucking bad does your judgment have to be before you count as incompetent in police work?

As AE said, and based on testimony of people who were there, this is fabrication. The police are spinning and circling the wagons already, as is routine. And this is why I distrust and disrespect cops. If the problem was just 1% of police being bad apples, it could be taken care of them, but the majority of the force comes out to defend those bad apples, and things break down.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see how saying "Oh, I was trying to shoot the autistic kid with the toy truck but missed him and hit the black man lying on his back with his arms in the air" puts one in a stronger a position than saying "I shot the black man lying on his back with his arms in the air because I'm a fucking dumbass with an itchy trigger finger." The cop is plainly incompetent either way.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
why is this always reported as police v. black men when it seems to be a white police against black men case?

Because the latter is a false narrative promoted by those seeking to racially divide supporters of REFORM and sidetrack the issue. The ISSUE is police misconduct, and more specifically misconduct that's indicative of disparities in law enforcement procedures when it applies to minorities.

It is NOT just about "white police misconduct."

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see how saying "Oh, I was trying to shoot the autistic kid with the toy truck but missed him and hit the black man lying on his back with his arms in the air" puts one in a stronger a position than saying "I shot the black man lying on his back with his arms in the air because I'm a fucking dumbass with an itchy trigger finger." The cop is plainly incompetent either way.

Because they can/will argue that they weren't able to hear the man saying it was a toy truck and it looked like a weapon and they were firing in self defense (which is still a lie, but one they could maybe convince a jury about).

Reactions: b.c. and AlteredEgo

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Many of the instances have been white on black but there are cases of black officer abuses as well. The real problem is abuses by those sworn to protect and serve regardless of their color.

Reactions: b.c. and AlteredEgo

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ABC News: "Controversial" Video of a Teacher's Arrest:

Doesn't appear to be very "controversial" to me. Looks like a white cop attacking and beating a black woman for some minor traffic infraction, and his ignorant partner "explaining" to her that white people are all afraid of black people because they are so violent... I guess blatant racicm is "controvercial" in ABC's book.

A/B

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ABC News: "Controversial" Video of a Teacher's Arrest:

Doesn't appear to be very "controversial" to me. Looks like a white cop attacking and beating a black woman for some minor traffic infraction, and his ignorant partner "explaining" to her that white people are all afraid of black people because they are so violent... I guess blatant racicm is "controvercial" in ABC's book.

A/B
Just look through this thread and you'll see apologists who see nothing wrong in what the cops did. Whenever complaints are made about blatant mistreatment and actions on behalf of the police force the usual suspects immediately appear to spout their statistics about black violence and talk of black on black crime as a way to excuse the cop's actions. Do they understand why they are seen as racists? They've apparently lost the ability to judge something without injecting their negative views on one race into it.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just look through this thread and you'll see apologists who see nothing wrong in what the cops did.

There are always people willing and eager to defend or participate in any activity managed by people wearing a uniform regardless of the morality of the situation.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Here is IMO why it is "always white cops" because there are WAY less black cops to start with.

First lets agree that despite gains in the last 40 years LE is still primarily a male job.

Stats say that blacks make up 13% of the population. An even representation would say that there would be not much more than 10%. But of that 13% many probably most get took out of the running before the race is even run. There is probably not a a police force in the country that will hire someone with out a high school diploma and few if any where simply having a GED will suffice. For a variety of reason the dropout rate of black males compared to white males in much higher, so that smaller pool is already shrinking.

Due to all the varitions of "stop and frisk" or "driving while black" which results in bodily searches which turn up small amounts of drugs mainly MJ often in amounts that are strictly speaking "legal" or "non criminal" unless they are "out in the open" which of course "empty your pockets" oh so conveniently end runs by forcing you to put out in the open now result in a felony arrest and more often that not a plea bargain to a lessor felony because it is the ONLY way for that person to get out of jail so they are not sitting in Rikers Island for months and sometimes years, literally years. Well havinga felony on your record and you need not apply, Just having enough of the stereotypical "broken tail light" tickets which somehow white people never seem to get pulled over for is probably enough to keep your aplication at the bottom of the pile. The overwhelming recipient of these arrest are black males.

So an already small pool get even smaller.

If under Rudy and Bloomberg the NYPD had descended with the same ferociousness on Staten Island and other traditional cop havens plenty of those white males who were walking around with a joints worth of MJ or just have "paraphernalia" or driving around with "broken taillights" or "changing lanes without signalling" and yes plenty of white kids from the burbs do that too plenty of those white guys in the NYPD the Elliot Stabler's would have been excluded too. But that was not Rudy's focus so those guys who were every bit as guilty never got caught.

Then last but not least if you get shot and killed how ever that comes to be before you are 18 or 19 you don't get to be a cop either.

tanstaafl16

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As AE said, and based on testimony of people who were there, this is fabrication. The police are spinning and circling the wagons already, as is routine. And this is why I distrust and disrespect cops. If the problem was just 1% of police being bad apples, it could be taken care of them, but the majority of the force comes out to defend those bad apples, and things break down.

I absolutely agree