Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A reminder that the subject of this thread is police misconduct. Misconduct includes being so fucking slack and careless with deadly weaponry that, whoopsydoodle, you accidentally end a human life. Sorry, ma'am.

This Week’s Good Guy With A Gun (American News, 10 Aug. 2016)

Seems one Mary Knowlton was selected from the crowd to help demonstrate what to do in a “shoot/don’t shoot” demonstration, i.e. the kind of judgement training scenario that is supposed to give a citizen-hero the skills and experience to decide if somebody else is a threat worthy of lethal force or just some random ethnic person that makes you nervous by being in the same elevator.

According to Police Chief Thomas Lewis, the demonstration was intended to teach the class best practices in “using simulated lethal force.”

Only one problem: the guns used by the POLICE TRAINING OFFICERS WHO WERE TRAINING CIVILIANS IN HOW TO USE GUNS IN PUBLIC had live rounds in them.

So instead of “simulated” lethal force, Mary got the real thing.

She died on the way to the hospital. And that, Class, is how you deal with an active shooter. Any questions?​

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A reminder that the subject of this thread is police misconduct. Misconduct includes being so fucking slack and careless with deadly weaponry that, whoopsydoodle, you accidentally end a human life. Sorry, ma'am.

This Week’s Good Guy With A Gun (American News, 10 Aug. 2016)

Seems one Mary Knowlton was selected from the crowd to help demonstrate what to do in a “shoot/don’t shoot” demonstration, i.e. the kind of judgement training scenario that is supposed to give a citizen-hero the skills and experience to decide if somebody else is a threat worthy of lethal force or just some random ethnic person that makes you nervous by being in the same elevator.

According to Police Chief Thomas Lewis, the demonstration was intended to teach the class best practices in “using simulated lethal force.”

Only one problem: the guns used by the POLICE TRAINING OFFICERS WHO WERE TRAINING CIVILIANS IN HOW TO USE GUNS IN PUBLIC had live rounds in them.

So instead of “simulated” lethal force, Mary got the real thing.

She died on the way to the hospital. And that, Class, is how you deal with an active shooter. Any questions?​

So much for that training huh.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some follow-up on the shooting of Charles Kinsey by North Miami police a few weeks ago:

Man with autism not sleeping, eating after North Miami shooting, family says (CNN, 25 July 2016)

While Rios was not shot, his injuries go much deeper, his family said.

"The next day, he was so upset, he was so devastated, he went right back to where Mr. Kinsey was shot," said attorney Matthew Dietz, who represents the family.

"Where there was blood on the street and he started pounding the ground, and crying and shouting."

Rios was transferred to a psychiatric home after he returned to the scene of the shooting, according to Dietz.

Dietz said since Rios cannot talk and only says a few words, he has no outlet to address what happened that day.

"His injuries are long lasting because he does not have a method to deal with them," the attorney said.

"If this police department had adequate training, this would not have happened," Dietz said. "... They should have known we may have a person with autism."

Police shooting victim files lawsuit against North Miami officer (Miami Herald, 4 Aug. 2016)

In the lawsuit, Kinsey argues that Aledda and other officers wrongfully arrested him and used excessive force — saying that Aledda did not help stop the bleeding after the shooting, even after officers recognized there was no weapon at the scene. They are demanding a jury trial, unstated monetary damages and any other fees due to the physical, emotional and mental pain the incident caused.
This incident occurred on July 28:

Los Angeles Police Admitted They Killed an Unarmed, Innocent Man (Slate, 10 Aug. 2016)

The story of Thompson’s death is a complicated one. It involves mistaken identity, an aggressive militarized police response, and miscommunication. Still, the simple and short version is this: L.A. police mistook one black man for another and took his life. The fact that history suggests this killing will eventually be deemed “justified” by officials makes it all the more maddening; it is a reminder that a criminal justice system built on the premise of innocence until proven guilt means little in the practice of standard police procedure.​

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You should have just named this thread "Wow." Every time I click the links I end up saying, "Wow". I have no idea why any of it still surprises me. I guess I'm just floored by the notion that no one in power ever seems to learn anything as a result.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should have just named this thread "Wow." Every time I click the links I end up saying, "Wow". I have no idea why any of it still surprises me. I guess I'm just floored by the notion that no one in power ever seems to learn anything as a result.

They don't because they don't have to. Even when it's in their job description to uphold the law it's still up to everyday people to hold them accountable and socially that can't happen as long as people are twisting logic to fit what they want the world to be.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And for our latest installment in gratuitous police violence, we have Miami police shooting a man lying on his back with his arms in the air---an employee of an assisted-living facility who was trying to protect an autistic resident who was holding a toy truck.

Miami shooting: Man shot by cops was lying down with hands up, lawyer says (CNN, 21 July 2016)

(CNN)Charles Kinsey said he was lying in the middle of the street with his arms raised high when police shot him in the leg.

Kinsey, who works for an assisted living facility in North Miami, had gone outside Monday to assist one of his patients who had just had a behavioral incident when police showed up, his lawyer said.

They were called to the scene after they received reports of an armed man threatening suicide, authorities said.
Kinsey said that when police arrived, he tried to explain that he was a behavioral therapist at the nearby facility and that his patient has autism and that he was holding a toy truck, not a firearm.

He then asked his patient, a 23-year-old, to be still and lie down.

"I was more worried about him than myself," Kinsey told CNN affiliate WSVN.

Cell phone video from the scene released by his lawyer, Hilton Napoleon II, shows Kinsey lying on the ground with his arms raised and another man sitting cross-legged next to him.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not gonna shoot me, that's what I'm thinking," Kinsey said. "Wow, was I wrong."

Let's just go back a year in this thread to remind ourselves of the stock white conservative response to such incidents:
There's a reason it's referred to as Flori-DUH....

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/a...-when-so-many-black-suspects-are-shot-8695512

tanstaafl16

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They don't because they don't have to. Even when it's in their job description to uphold the law it's still up to everyday people to hold them accountable and socially that can't happen as long as people are twisting logic to fit what they want the world to be.

Great post, there is no accountability for cops. They get away with everything and it's not right and will not make the world a better place. It makes the world worse as then other people want to get away with everything. We might as well implement Marshall law or implement a Purge like scenario.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Great post, there is no accountability for cops. They get away with everything and it's not right and will not make the world a better place. It makes the world worse as then other people want to get away with everything. We might as well implement Marshall law or implement a Purge like scenario.

I wouldn't say they (as in all cops in general) get away with everything. There are still good people out there catching the bullshit before it gets out of hand as well as those not starting any. Guessing we don't hear about those stories because most don't want to make the issue even worse than it already is but there is still a lot that needs to be done. And marshall law or some sort of purge like scenario won't help anyone. That specifically would fubar just about everything and everyone six ways from sunday.

We just need more accountability. More personal responsibility. Cooler heads. Better plans and etc.

tanstaafl16

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't say they (as in all cops in general) get away with everything. There are still good people out there catching the bullshit before it gets out of hand as well as those not starting any. Guessing we don't hear about those stories because most don't want to make the issue even worse than it already is but there is still a lot that needs to be done. And marshall law or some sort of purge like scenario won't help anyone. That specifically would fubar just about everything and everyone six ways from sunday.

We just need more accountability. More personal responsibility. Cooler heads. Better plans and etc.

I agree. I was being sarcastic. If there is ever a new ice age due to the polar ice caps melting and a "Day After Tomorrow" scenario ensues then hopefully only those who want accountability will survive, not people like Chris Christie, Rudy Guiliani, Ray Kelly and that type of ilk.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reactions: deleted15807

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
here is some info i have no problem sharing
have had a few people on here suggest i live a sheltered life in a wonderful 'safe' country' ha'

assume he went to Australia, either one of there 7 States i have heard of peopple benefitting from, with there lifestyles

just on that with my limited understanding
however many years ago? NZ introduced a PERF system for the NZ Police, where they could retire early, take huge payments etc etc
thats when we lost all the good old timer coppers who'd
'cuff a kid under the ear' and send him back to his parents to possibly do similar? ha
of course all gone now, and of course wouldent be allowed anyway

but that was the beginning of our Police Force demise, we have never ever regained experienced aged coppers, way its happened, in a simple fashion/explanation..

NZ Police the worst employer I've ever had'

15828275.jpg

So I quit. Then I quit the country. I found a job paying twice as much for half the time and a better lifestyle.

"The stress of being a cop in a busy, over-worked and under-resourced station led to me having a breakdown. I loved it, but I had to quit."

What's it like being a cop in New Zealand?
Share your stories, photos and videos.
Related Links

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation...had?cid=edm:stuff:dailyheadlines&bid=73105944

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course there are good cops: they're the ones that get FIRED for NOT shooting people when they get the chance!

West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun (Washington Post, 12 Sep. 2016)

[Police Officer] Mader was responding to a 911 call from Williams’s girlfriend. In that call, she told police that Williams was threatening to kill himself, not anyone else.

What Mader did upon arriving at the scene is a hell of a lot braver course of action than simply opening fire when the suspect doesn’t immediately disarm. What Mader did is in fact exactly what we want cops to do when someone is in crisis. It’s also precisely what law enforcement officers say they do on a daily basis — put themselves at risk in order to save lives. Mader should have been given a medal. Unfortunately, two more cops then showed up, and quickly shot Williams dead.

As it turns out, Williams’s gun wasn’t loaded. There’s no way any of the police officers could have known that. But it does show that Mader had read Williams correctly — he wasn’t actually a threat to anyone but himself. His life could have been saved.​

Reactions: dlfellow

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course there are good cops: they're the ones that get FIRED for NOT shooting people when they get the chance!

West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun (Washington Post, 12 Sep. 2016)

[Police Officer] Mader was responding to a 911 call from Williams’s girlfriend. In that call, she told police that Williams was threatening to kill himself, not anyone else.

What Mader did upon arriving at the scene is a hell of a lot braver course of action than simply opening fire when the suspect doesn’t immediately disarm. What Mader did is in fact exactly what we want cops to do when someone is in crisis. It’s also precisely what law enforcement officers say they do on a daily basis — put themselves at risk in order to save lives. Mader should have been given a medal. Unfortunately, two more cops then showed up, and quickly shot Williams dead.

As it turns out, Williams’s gun wasn’t loaded. There’s no way any of the police officers could have known that. But it does show that Mader had read Williams correctly — he wasn’t actually a threat to anyone but himself. His life could have been saved.​

Just read about this. It's an amazingly sad story pretty much all around. Thanks for the add.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This concerns an occurrence in 2013.

More pieces of shit with badges and guns. And, once again, the idiotic falsehood that bad police behavior is so rare and exceptional that we should not be concerned about it is refuted by the fact that the cops who are beating up an innocent woman in retaliation for her having reported one of them for bad behavior are joined by other cops who INSTANTLY JOIN IN THE BEATING.

Valencia woman claims brutality by Carlsbad police in incident caught on video (Los Angeles Times, 8 October 2015)

According to the lawsuit, the incident occurred as Hahn and her two children, ages 11 and 7, were leaving a birthday party.

Hahn saw an officer standing in front of a car whose alarm was sounding. When Hahn asked why he was doing nothing, he told her to "mind your (expletive) business," according to the lawsuit.

Hahn then called a non-emergency line at the Police Department to complain about the officer's language.

Moments later, the same officer pulled Hahn over as she was driving home, the lawsuit said. He ordered her to get out of her car. She protested.

The officer then "began attacking her in front of her children who were in the back seat of the car. While she was being beaten and pummeled, Ms. Hahn was crying for help."

As shown on the video, two additional Carlsbad police cars soon arrived. A second officer "began punching Ms. Hahn with a closed fist to the face until she was limp on the floor," the lawsuit asserts. "Ms. Hahn's clothes were almost ripped off."​

Reactions: ActionBuddy