The polite things people say which make your blood boil

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
When upset or angry or just in a mood and someone says:-

"cheer up, it might never happen!"

Makes me wanna slap them round the face with a wet brocolli.
I absolutely hate that one too. Its so patronising. It annoys me when people say sorry needlessly for everything. Its nice to begin with, but after i have said its ok 100 times, it gets tedious.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"With all due respect" is a very irksome phrase. To me it's the equivalent of saying "brace yourself, I'm about to disagree with you!".

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I like the bit in Taladega nights, where Farrells character says "With all due respect you a ...." and the guy replies saying "Saying with all due respect doesnt mean you can say waht you want", "Yes i can"

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
man-up ........ there’s only one thing I want "up" on a man, other wise I have every right to crawl in a corner and suck my thumb

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
but..........
it might never happen..?
Love that one..as long as no one says it to me .. of course.
what i dislike is..
'journey' ha
(especially if life' is added somewhere..)
enz
hate to give an example..i am almost sick writing that...>

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I always get "if you were thinner you would be so pretty":frown1: And i am still yet to work out if it a compliment or an insult?

For me, on the flip side, "You're lucky you're so skinny" :mad: How would others feel if "skinny" was replaced with "fat"?
I spent my life not wearing shorts or short sleeve shirts, being called spaghetti, or bean pole. Took years of protien shakes, supplements, and lifting to get what little I have, and I still look in the mirror and see that skinny kid. No need to remind me

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
God has a plan for each of us, even if we can't always understand it...
:puke:

I will agree with this one! A close second is when someone says during the most difficult times..."You need to count your blessings!" I snapped at my mothers memorial service when someone said this to me... I'm forever grateful that I was not carrying a gun at the time.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People just dont know what to say sometimes so they lean on inane platitudes that don't even fit the situation. "I know how you feel" is one of them. THey know how THEY feel. I wouldnt presume to say I know how someone else feels. Or "its all good" when it is anything but good. For comments like "God has a plan for all of us" or "Count your blessings" you have to know your audience and timing is everything...