The polite things people say which make your blood boil

God has a plan for each of us, even if we can't always understand it...
:puke:

Hmmmph, yeh. Just a catch-all for any hard to explain, horrible, situation.

Also 'God must've wanted it that way...'. WHY? If God exists, maybe stuff happens that he doesn't like? Like the holocaust, for example... :mad:

And two more:

'Dont' mean to be rude, but...'
'No offence, but...'

(Both mean, yes, I am about to be rude...) :rolleyes:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will agree with this one! A close second is when someone says during the most difficult times..."You need to count your blessings!" I snapped at my mothers memorial service when someone said this to me... I'm forever grateful that I was not carrying a gun at the time.

Oh D!

I had someone say to me a few hours after my father's death at the hospital when I was visibly upset, "What are you crying for you had him for X years! " I got up and left the room. I wonder if she thought of that when she was semi comotose for 7 years after her mother's death?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When upset or angry or just in a mood and someone says:-

"cheer up, it might never happen!"

Makes me wanna slap them round the face with a wet brocolli.

Cheer up, it might never happen.

I normally don't let things that other people say get to me, especially when it is said without malice.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
]"With all due respect" is a very irksome phrase. To me it's the equivalent of saying "brace yourself, I'm about to disagree with you!".[/B]
True, I hadn't thought of it that way before.

I always get "if you were thinner you would be so pretty":frown1: And i am still yet to work out if it a compliment or an insult?
It's an insult and phenomenally rude. :mad: I have friends who have heard that often. :frown1:

man-up ........ there’s only one thing I want "up" on a man, other wise I have every right to crawl in a corner and suck my thumb
I think, "Pull yourself up by your boot straps." falls into the same category.

I hate this line: 'I know how you feel'
and this: 'You'll get someone soon'
Only to be topped by, "It always happens when you aren't looking, so stop looking so hard." :261:

God has a plan for each of us, even if we can't always understand it...
Also "God's time isn't always our time." I was told this all the time when I was unemployed for a year after grad school. My response was always, "Well then God needs to synchronize watches with me." :biggrin1: