The "Politics" of Football

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mensch1351, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    I don't think it's particularly "off" subject in that it appears as though the big "fat" cats of football and basketball (owners) want to stick it to the little "fat" cats the players! Once again those who have tons of money feeling as though they "deserve" more.........after all they OWN the franchise! Sooooooooo. Since I am a firm believer that corporate America should have kept its greedy hands out of BOTH our sports AND our medical care.........how do ya'll feel about what's happening in the collective bargaining talks now taking place? Do you favor one side or the other?? I've got more opinions on this, but I'll wait until we get some responses!

2. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    I'm not feeling bad for the high-salary players, but the rookies and the guys that don't get paid much are getting screwed.

3. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    screwed? they got a free college education, and theyre making a minimum of like $300,000.

the fans are the ones that get screwed, anything with their teams logo is way overpriced, and you can spend like $500 taking your family to one game.

how about players and owners take a pay cut, so i can get a fathead for my football room and not have to pay $100 for a goddamn sticker! lol

4. SlamminSammy

SlamminSammy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Both owners & players are greedy, but I am on the owners' sides of both lockouts because I think that both systems need to be fixed & locking players out is the only way to get their attention & make them give back some concessions that they've gotten over the years. NFL rookies make too much money & many NBA teams, including playoff teams, lose money annually-that's not a sound business model that can be sustained.

5. houtx48

Gold Member

They are entertainers nothing more. It's not like the owner or the players are contributing a great deal to the betterment of society. Don't give them more credit than is do them.

6. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Ahhhhhh --- now here's something I can fully agree with! Starting at the college level, the sports programs spend WAY too much money disproportionately to the other academia fields. College coaches are prized much higher than Science Professors!! Of course they use the excuse that it's the SPORTS that raises all that Alumni money! Shame on them.

Here's what I propose. I think every football, baseball, basketball, etc. player should be paid THE SAME. A Team should have no prima donas with agents finagling high salaries. A TEAM cannot act as a TEAM when one person is valued (monetarily) or otherwise over against any other team member. That said, maybe the 2nd stringers should make less (but not much). Pay each player $2 million per year. THAT'S a hell of a good salary and more than my parents made together over 40 years! Then -- give them bonuses based on performance! Let the "stars" make their money on endorsements! Then turn every franchise over to the cities where they are located (Like Green Bay, Wisconsin -- population 115,000!!!) Whatever happened to "For the Love of the GAME"????
    It got replaced "For the love of the DOLLAR!!!) That's what corporate ownership will do for you!

And when it all comes down ----- it actually produces only ONE thing -- pride in your city.........if you're a WINNING city. And the system is designed to produce only ONE winning city per year!! Hmmmmm! When you think about it objectively..........we have some of the highest paid losers the world has ever seen.....

OR as the joke goes where I come from: What do you call 35 millionaires in Kansas City watching the Super Bowl? The CHIEFS!

Draft saved Draft deleted