The Price of Gas Where You Live

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
With gas prices replacing the weather as the favorite topic of casual conversation, I thought it'd be interesting to see how much gasoline is going for in your respective location.

The average here is $3.37 per gallon for regular unleaded gas, which is the highest it's ever been. The statewide average is $3.40 per gallon for regular unleaded gas, which is also the highest it's ever been.

As I've mentioned a few times before, I don't drive or own a car, but I do give whomever I bum a ride from money for gas. It used to be that I could give three dollars and they'd be happy with that. Now I can't give less than five dollars without getting a cold stare and a deep exhale from my ride (I exaggerate).:redface: Still, it's less than a taxi and it beats coming home on the bus with bags full of groceries or whatever else!:biggrin1:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
CA$1.05/L is the cheapest unleaded in Toronto,
conversion US$3.36/US gallon

But it ranges up to CA$1.15/L unleaded, just east of Toronto,
conversion US$3.68/US gallon

There's about to be a bloody tea party soon.

Urgles

Just Browsing
Media
We hit a lovely $3.59 USD / gallon today. Can't tell you how thrilled I was about that one.

(I believe that's about $0.95 USD / litre or about 103.0 CAD / litre. I realize that gas prices in Europe are probably close to twice as much - but I believe they also have more fuel efficient vehicles in general.)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the Trenton-Princeton, NJ metro area regular unleaded varies between $2.99 and $3.10 per gallon. Almost makes me glad my car is in the shop. :tongue:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anchorage is below the national average, there was a report on NPR that it was the lowest in the US here, and the highest in San Francisco, however, there are Alaskan villages where it has to be air freighted and costs $7. a gallon. People in those places mostly do not have cars, rather four wheelers for summer, and snowmachines for winter, no roads.

I was shocked the first time I drove through Canada, it cost $118.C to fill up, it was hard to enjoy the scenery, for looking at the gas guage go down, this was in 1984.

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It hit $3.69 US just south of Grand Rapids today... I'm thinking seriously about getting my motorcyle endorsement and buying a little 600cc road bike.

Is it true that motorcycles get much better gas mileage than automobiles (certainly better than the ridiculous, hulking Ford F-350's the rednecks around here are so fond of driving!) in general?