The problem with American politics

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Point of fact, the problem with American Politics is simply that the USA electorate is uneducated (on purpose) and as dumb as 300 million bunnies.

Prove me wrong.

No proving required. However... let's consider the problem and have a discussion around these points:

• How do you educate the unwilling / uninterested / disaffected?
  • How do you create a desire in Joe and Jane Average Citizen for involvement in the American political process?
  • Without destroying the unique qualities of democracy, how do you improve access to / discussion around political issues?
I know you guys won't disappoint me.

phillyhangin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you want an idea of what a leftist healthcare system would look like, it'd have to be a public single-payer system that covers a predetermined "basic health needs" package and eliminates private insurance from that realm.
Exactly! True "far-left" policies would completely replace private, for-profit insurance with a public, not-for-profit system; they sure as hell would not mandate that everyone buy private, for-profit insurance - which was what the insurance industry lobbied for all along.

Geez, if people believe that giving the insurance industry exactly what they wanted (More profit! Captive audience!) is "far left," I shudder to think what they consider centrist - let alone far right... :eek: Oh, wait, I think I know. Something about tossing the elderly and infirm under buses or some such...