Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
More members banned
More "Why was ______ banned?" threads
More moderator bashing.

I have a problem with a banning of members and take issue with many of the decisions that have been made.
I think my feelings are shared by many other members as evidenced by all the threads that pop up after someone is banned.

I am upset because my friends or people I like are gone.
Gone without warning.

Because of the nature of this place
(lets face it - this is not a Pottery Lovers Forum)
people guard their privacy and identity and prefer to remain very anonymous.

I do.

When someone is gone for good there is often that moment when we would like to send someone an email address and say keep in touch.
I think those banned would likewise welcome such an opportunity for members they have a connection with to have the option for one last goodbye post or to leave some kind of email address.

So perhaps some kind of mail forwarding system maybe for 1 month before all ties are severed might remove some hostility and anger that people feel when they have suddenly lost contact.

Certainly such a courtesy does not need to extend to people banned for spamming, multiple accounts, underage members etc or maybe not for those who have not been members for a certain amount of time or with a low post count

Just my thoughts

:smile:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im not into moderatior bashing since I have always thought they do an excellent job running the site. I have commented on that often on how they respond quickly in getting rid of the rift raft. Excellent.

But this is a new challange. And these bannings are never going to sit well with everyone. Especially because the reasons or the fine line is blurred. When you start making exceptions, then the power of the ToS becomes meaningless.

Then again, meaningless to who? I think the bigger picture has to be taken into account. What actions are best for the site as a whole? We shouldnt be slaves to the idea of a ToS. Especially the rules that are not so clear cut. The law does this all the time, and if you talk to a judge, its their decision how the punisments or sanctions get handed out on a case by case basis.

And what does it matter if ultimately, the site owner can do as he pleases anyway. I know he tries to be fair as much as possible.

So I guess what am saying, I hope that in the future, incidents are handled more on a case by case basis and judged individually, for the bettement of the site, instead of an overall, solid, set in stone set of rules.

And if they are, recent events certainly dont appear to reflect this. (ML)

D

deleted15807

I am upset because my friends or people I like are gone.
Gone without warning.

Apparently in a lot if not most cases they were warned. Some were banned before and return to resume the same activities that got them banned. What did they expect the second or third time around a different outcome?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Apparently in a lot if not most cases they were warned. Some were banned before and return to resume the same activities that got them banned. What did they expect the second or third time around a different outcome?

Great point!

Plus some of the bannings are only temporary.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you have to go online to find friends, there is something near-tragically wrong with your life, and I pity you.
I dont really consider anyone here a true friend. Were are acquintenses of sorts. Part of it is because I choose to keep myself anonymous. How could you be a true friend like that?

But I do enjoy the interactions here. And some people contribute well. Unfortunately, we are losing those people. Its like going to Disneyland and finding out some your favorite rides are closed that day or gone for good. The place just isnt the same. But you dont want to marry Disneyland. Just have fun with it. :biggrin1:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
^ I agree to a point. But not everyone is able-bodied Hick. And some have mental disabilities.