The problem with name calling

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have learnt that whatever you do, you will find that 33% of people won't like you irrespective of how wonderful you think you are.

When the "wrong" people don't like you they can be very clever in how they attack you.

If you have read an anonymous compilation of "evidence" recently and feel justified in your dislike now, please consider an alternative for the names being called.

Bisexual - right, so suddenly this board will accept bisexual as a justified slur on someone's character. IME we rather turn on the type of person who would consider this a sur.

Paedophile - well of course it is unsubstantiated, but please consider that in my country the legal age of consent is 16, for you it is 18 or 21 - so perhaps when I was 16 I was a paedophile to you and maybe you were at 18 to someone in a State where the legal age is 21. Still it's a good name to throw around, and we do wish to promote the view that all gay men are secret paedophiles lurking in the shadows waiting to bugger our sons.

Advocates sex with young boys - again unsubstantiated, and again consider that those who campaigned for an equal age of consent for gay sex, rather than being equal rights advocates were actually demanding to be allowed to have sex with young boys. I am sure you have this issue from state to state. Please see comment above about prejudices against gay men.

Serves time for threatenning or having sex with children - actually if you care to read the thread, this was a joke made by the person being attacked.

Why is this evidence only available in cached form - well because the owner of the most wonderful site was made to take it down because of their behaviour, not the other person's.

Why do they have the address wrong?

etc etc

Incestuous paedophile - someone in a State where the legal age is 18 and can marry a first cousin to someone in a state where they can't and the legal age is 21.

I could go on and probably offend a lot of people.

Our politicians have learned recently that if you use the media to say something often enough then people will begin to believe you.

WMD anyone?

Some can take this fantasy as reality - I am learning fast not to.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Paedophile - well of course it is unsubstantiated, but please consider that in my country the legal age of consent is 16, for you it is 18 or 21 - so perhaps when I was 16 I was a paedophile to you and maybe you were at 18 to someone in a State where the legal age is 21. Still it's a good name to throw around, and we do wish to promote the view that all gay men are secret paedophiles lurking in the shadows waiting to bugger our sons.

Your teenaged sons could be naked on a platter with a lifetime supply of Wet Platinum. I wouldn't have sex with them.

Advocates sex with young boys - again unsubstantiated, and again consider that those who campaigned for an equal age of consent for gay sex, rather than being equal rights advocates were actually demanding to be allowed to have sex with young boys. I am sure you have this issue from state to state. Please see comment above about prejudices against gay men.

I don't find teens sexy. Therefore, this gay man likes men. What about the straight guys that prey on younger preadolescent girls? What about the straight women that prey upon younger preadolescent guys?

Some can take this fantasy as reality - I am learning fast not to.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I could go on and probably offend a lot of people.

Oh, please don't hold back, do go on... :wink:

Actually I agree with your sentiments.

Here is one explanation:

The ratio of literacy to illiteracy is constant, but nowadays the illiterates can read and write. -Alberto Moravia