The purpose of partitions around urinals...

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've noticed that more and more public places are installing partitions around the urinals in their men's rooms.

What do you think is the main purpose of these partitions?

Is it to prevent the user from getting splattered with urine from the guy standing next to him, or is it to discourage "penis peeking" and possibly some hands-on sexual activities like groping or maybe even a quick blow job?

I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think.

Thanks! :smile:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It seems to me to be for more privacy.

Partitions cost money and are more work for the janitor to clean, so it seems clear that it is for the "comfort factor" for pissers who dislike peeking. There's probably more of one's own urine splashing back to be concerned about than that from the next urinal.

If it is government money (civic buildings etc) you can be assured it was prompted from complaints about undesired sexual looking and activities etc.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Pecker said:
Two things:

1. Privacy

2. To let you know that when you can't fit between them, you're too fat.

LOL ummmm I am tall and skinny and our old airport terminal has them so close that big men can't get in them. The splashing factor is a problem for me if the urinal is too low. I do fine with one high off the floor. Privacy is the man reason and it isn't just to prevent peeking. It's for all the bladder shy guys.

xrush_uncut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought just the opposite was happening. :33: All the new movie theatres and stores going up around here seem to not have the partitions. Though I like to peek myself, when it's my turn to take a pee I don't want people looking at my small penis, especially when I'm at work and a coworker stands up next to me. Too scary!

D_Eaton Bush

Account Disabled
Media
Guess in part is the new puritan wave in the US. In Brazil the best thing about public bathrooms is NO partition at all, lot's of peeking, str8's measuring each other up, kind of a cultural thing, same as the groping in public (remebering that 99% are uncut and the weather is hot). Str8 males if standing in a bar having a chat are always adjusting their packages, about once every 10 minutes - an I mean, squeezing, pulling, freeing balls between sweaty thighs, even sticking a whole hand into their pant's waistband. Guess its paradise for gays.

punk09

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Adding partitions is referred to "cruise control" around these parts.

There was nothing cooler than going to the old Penn Station bathrooms in NYC in the old days before they put up "cruise control."

One could regularly see exibitionists lined up stroking for an audience including some brothas sporting massive chocolate meat poles.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Privacy. My husband has had male patients that suffer from shy bladder syndrome. Women can have this too, tho less common. It can vary, some just need more privacy, some cannot go in a public place at all.
Sometimes anti-depressants can help. It is more common than one would think, although the more severe cases are not as common.
Women can piddle in privacy, why not men?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
The purpose of a partition is for people to have a little privacy. Not EVERYone likes to have their dicks gawked at while they piss.

I quite enjoy a partition as it gives me a chance to whip it out on those cold winter days... when many have shrinkage.

Frostbite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
The purpose of a partition is for people to have a little privacy. Not EVERYone likes to have their dicks gawked at while they piss.

I quite enjoy a partition as it gives me a chance to whip it out on those cold winter days... when many have shrinkage.

I'm there with you on this one. Knowing I'm being gawked at would just make me pee shy.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Frostbite said:
I'm there with you on this one. Knowing I'm being gawked at would just make me pee shy.

I know I could not go with someone standing in full site next to me. I always thought it was odd that men were expected to do so.

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what i've noticed... newer buildings don't have partions and the urinals seem to be strangely close to each other. However in older bathrooms that look like they could use a remodel it looks like the partions were an after thought. So maybe these older places put them up because of complaints that the newer buildings have yet to recieve.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think it depends on if the owner of the newly built building wants to put up the money to have partitions put between the urinals. Only had one guy really openly guawk at my cock when I was taking a leak. The others just peek and tried not to be open about it. Don't have a problem with shyness. Really don't mind if other guys look. As long as they don't guawk.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GoneA said:
*paging transformer_99*

I think somewhere in the answers already posted, you'll find one that suits the logic that is applicable for a reason for them. You may not like some of the offered reasons for them, but they are what they are, plausible.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
transformer_99 said:
I think somewhere in the answers already posted, you'll find one that suits the logic that is applicable for a reason for them. You may not like some of the offered reasons for them, but they are what they are, plausible.
:confused:

I'm not at all against urinal partitions.