The purpose of partitions around urinals...

D_Mallaber Manynuts

Experimental Member
Media
Open ones are fine. They're for pissing in, no other reason. New ones around here with partitions are a joke - tiny, at my height I could see straight over them if I wanted to, so why bother? Let's face it, if you want to look at cock, just visit this site!

Brentboy17

1st Like
Media
I would guess privacy is the issue. In my school most bathrooms do not have one, and in our gym it is just a round dougnut troph, so u actually face the guy on the other side...

Reactions: maroon1040

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Heh, I'm a bit of a peeker at other men.

However, I remember once that I started to piss and being uncut, it just went and sprayed off in two different directions. The main stream and then one like a little needle-sized side shoot that actually went on the guy next to me for a second till I saw and fiddled to stop it (one never knows where that first stream will go when you're uncut!). He tutted and looked pissed off (or is that pissed on?). I'm not surprised to be honest, I'd have hated it if it happened to me. I have no objection on the grounds of no splashing after this highly embarrassing incident. Thankfully it was in a bar and not at work or anything!

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Heh, I'm a bit of a peeker at other men.

However, I remember once that I started to piss and being uncut, it just went and sprayed off in two different directions. The main stream and then one like a little needle-sized side shoot that actually went on the guy next to me for a second till I saw and fiddled to stop it (one never knows where that first stream will go when you're uncut!). He tutted and looked pissed ...

hoo hoo!:laugh2:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its for privacy. Yesterday I walked into a public restroom. There was dude walking in in front of me. He looked back at me, and parked himself in the middle urinal of three....no partitions. Fuck it! I stood next to him, whipped it out and started pissing. I was looking up but could feel him stealing glances....remember now, I'm str8.....Guess now I know how girls feel when I'm staring at their tits!

thedude111

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well I have installed enough of them. I work construction. It is a privacy issue for most people. Many Partitions are so far from the floor....of course it would NOT be "to keep from being splattered by the guy next to you.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was in this old arena one time where the urinals were around the outside walls but there were also some in the middle. There was a low wall with urinals on both sides. I am guessing the wall was 36" high. I am taller than most and definitely taller than the guy who designed this restroom. It was at a half-time break, all the outward urinals were being used and many ot the inner ones too. I stepped up to a urinal and whipped it out. My cock was above the dividing wall and I had several people staring right at me. I should have just stayed in the arena and had them announce that I was going to piss right there in public. I would have probably had more privacy. I don't mind someone taking a glance but I felt like I was on stage.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Privacy. My husband has had male patients that suffer from shy bladder syndrome. Women can have this too, tho less common. It can vary, some just need more privacy, some cannot go in a public place at all.
Sometimes anti-depressants can help. It is more common than one would think, although the more severe cases are not as common.
Women can piddle in privacy, why not men?
I like going in urinals when theres no one else there or if i get there first. Once i get the stream goin then its not gonna stop till i finish. But if i try to go with someone else standing next to me i find it difficult and will go to a stall. Only exception is if i really really have to go, like after a long car ride or airplane, i like to pull it out and go.

Magic 8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't care if they have the partitions or not, I just wish they had more urinals that were placed lower on the wall. I am only 5'4" and the urinals at standard height are almost too high for me. I have to hold my penis up and piss upward. Even if they have partitiions anyone of normal height can simply look over them toward me and see everything I have which doesn't really bother me. I do like to walk up to the lower urinals and just let my penis hang over my pants and boxers and let it fly without having to hold my penis.

MagicTongue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Privacy. My husband has had male patients that suffer from shy bladder syndrome. Women can have this too, tho less common. It can vary, some just need more privacy, some cannot go in a public place at all.
Sometimes anti-depressants can help. It is more common than one would think, although the more severe cases are not as common.
Women can piddle in privacy, why not men?
Would the lack of being able to piss in a public place have anything to do with how DIRTY a place is? Obviously, I'm not going to take a piss in a bathroom that is dirty, so I'll hold it till I can find a cleaner place, or if that is my only choice, deal with it, holding my breath as much as possible till I'm out.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Privacy methinks.

I'm glad for them too, personally I am not in a toilet to gawk at other guys, or to be gawked at; I'm there to take a piss, wash my hands and leave. I like the privacy aswell, the looking over makes me uncomfortable and I then find it hard to pee.

I mean, fair enough in a gay bar, I mean, surely thats half the point of going to one?

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think partitions are a cruel and unnecessary invention. their existance only proves how low humanity is on the evolution scale.
Blame the christian-right, so-called conservatives...before and after sex, they get on their knees and ask for forgiveness ?????? That's a fact!

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would guess privacy is the issue. In my school most bathrooms do not have one, and in our gym it is just a round dougnut troph, so u actually face the guy on the other side...
Now that's nice, but I would hate to be pee shy.

Yummy

1st Like
Media
Its for privacy. Yesterday I walked into a public restroom. There was dude walking in in front of me. He looked back at me, and parked himself in the middle urinal of three....no partitions. Fuck it! I stood next to him, whipped it out and started pissing.* I was looking up but could feel him stealing glances....remember now, I'm str8.....Guess now I know how girls feel when I'm staring at their tits!

ICBE: International Center for Bathroom Etiquette

*That's a no-no!