The Queer Issue/ Beyond Gay Marriage

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
"alienating fractiousness"

"the process of coming out poly is a lot harder than coming out queer"

Watch out misunderstood people. These folks are aiming to steal your thunder.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stronzo said:
Now this'll get their undies in a twist!!:tongue:
Are one's undies at much risk of becoming twisted after they have been trussed up inside the chastity belt of sexual self-repression for so long, anyway? :rolleyes:

In many ways, I'm not sure I concur anyway... Fundieland finds it easier to dismiss that which is simply 'other' and outside its comprehension. It is the very perception of this 'otherness' encroaching on the values of the 'self' - in particular, through marriage - which scares 'them' shitless. Perhaps because it shows that there is not really so much difference between "self" and "other" in the first place.. which is a far more bitter pill to have to swallow, as it removes the option of "simply dismissing" the issue as "too alien" (which is what I think would be their reaction to a case such as that highlighted in the article).

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nah indeed.

I agree alex but there's part of me that takes great delight in the "in-your-faceness" of the approach.

Productive, undoubtedly not socially. Interesting to me? Definitely not. But from the outside looking in I like it a good deal better than watching reruns of Little House on the Prairie":rolleyes:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, they'll get their moment in the sun too, eventually. At some point the rest of the world will find out what we here in the mythical land of lpsg already know- sexuality just isn't that simple. For a lot of people, it's "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't". At SOME point people are going to have to understand that differences just make people interesting, not scary, but that's a pretty advanced thought for most of the sub-human cretins walking around in their people suits.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Shelby said:
"the process of coming out poly is a lot harder than coming out queer"

There's something I have to tell you, everyone.

I'm Polly.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
horribleperson said:
every problem in the world is because of homos wanting to get married. once we make sure that no homos can marry then there will be no more war, no more death, and world peace.
And we can bring back prayer in school, and teach creationism in science class, defund stem cell research, deregulate all business, eliminate minimum wage and taxes, and close public schools so they won't drain energy and funds from elite private ones. I think there is more, but that should do it for now.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
JustAsking said:
And we can bring back prayer in school, and teach creationism in science class, defund stem cell research, deregulate all business, eliminate minimum wage and taxes, and close public schools so they won't drain energy and funds from elite private ones. I think there is more, but that should do it for now.

And suspend civil liberties...no, wait we did that one already..oops my mistake!:tongue:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
horribleperson said:
every problem in the world is because of homos wanting to get married. once we make sure that no homos can marry then there will be no more war, no more death, and world peace.

To make a poor attempt at quoting Stephen Colbert:

"Superman came to Earth after his home planet of Krypton was destroyed- probably by gay marriage."

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
To make a poor attempt at quoting Stephen Colbert:

"Superman came to Earth after his home planet of Krypton was destroyed- probably by gay marriage."

Off-Topic

Did you know that Jon Stweart is a producer of the Colbert Report?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BigPoppaFury said:
Doesn't anybody else find the name Dario Speedwagon impressive?

Having in the past encountered a Dukey Flyswatter [stage name] and an Ursula Cunt ("U. Cunt" for short) [legally-changed name], I'm hard to impress. :rolleyes: