The REAL reason Clinton "suspended"

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
We get it........you don't like the caucus system.......personally I think they have their place and show a candidate's ability to "organize", an essential skill in winning elections......work to change the system if that's how you feel.......and if you are a democrat.....work to make sure a democrat wins the GE in November.

The Caucus System does not show a candidate's ability to "organize" unless "organize" is another way to say voter suppression or voter intimidation. And the Caucus system does not show a candidate's "essential skill in winning elections" unless that is political speak for Win without Actually Winning Based On The True Will of the People. Perhaps you should read the report.

This should not be what the Democratic Party bases their Nominee and the Unity of the Party On:
35 Primaries with 33.8 million voters have Clinton leading in both votes and delegates.
Caucuses with 1.1 million voters gave Obama 300,000 more votes and 193 more delegates.
....After 47 state elections to date, Obama leads Clinton by 152 pledged delegates. 97% of the difference – 148 delegates – is directly attributable to lopsided victories in caucus contests.
As to the disproportionate impact of the caucus results:
Though voters in all 13 caucus states have cast only 3.2% of the total 33.5 million votes so far – those votes control 15.3% of the pledged delegates and 16.4% of the Super delegates sent to the DNC Convention – average 15.5% of the total delegates [626 caucus / 4047 total]. After all remaining primaries the total votes could easily top 36 million, dropping the caucus vote to 2.9% of the total. In that event, 1 out of every 34 votes will determine and control 1 of every 6.5 delegates.
Bottom line: caucus voters will have a grossly disproportionate role in determining the 2008 Democratic nominee.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Clinton lost. Get over it.

It had nothing to do with caucuses or primaries or superdelegates or sexist media bias.

She lost because she's a polarizing, mendacious cunt that more than half of her own party refused to support. Majority rules, and the majority have said we don't want her in the White House. End of story.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Clinton lost. Get over it.

It had nothing to do with caucuses or primaries or superdelegates or sexist media bias.

She lost because she's a polarizing, mendacious cunt that more than half of her own party refused to support.

Disaffected Voters are saying "Not this time, not this year." We aren't going to just "get over it." We have joined together to recognize that the Democratic Party did not stand on its democratic principles and that the Primary did not stand for the people.

Majority rules, and the majority have said we don't want her in the White House. End of story.

A "majority" may just say that they don't want Obama in the White House either. The Story continues.

D

deleted15807

Disaffected Voters are saying "Not this time, not this year." We aren't going to just "get over it." We have joined together to recognize that the Democratic Party did not stand on its democratic principles and that the Primary did not stand for the people.

A "majority" may just say that they don't want Obama in the White House either. The Story continues.

Ohh yes every story can continue in our own little minds but that's about it.

Send In The Clowns

D

deleted213967

The WSJ reported yesterday that the HRC campaign had sufficient funds to retire its USD 20m+ debt but that according to the fundraiding rules she agreed to abide by at the start of the campaign, the money was to be set aside for the general election.

The Journal speculated that with donors' permission and a favorable FEC ruling, she might be able to roll the money over to her Senate campaign.

To be continued...

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just so we know who they are, the "disaffected" voters can be described as (as a group or individually):

1. A very small minority of democratic women
2. An immeasurable minority of republican women
3. Approximately 1M voters nationwide
4. Misinformed
5. Feminists
6. Lesbians
7. Self described, militants
8. Entitled
9. Unknown bloggers
10. Left-of-Obama
11. Out of the mainstream
12. Voters without a party

The sum total of this group is such a minority, Rev. Wright gets more media time (and look what harm he caused Obama; nothing). The person that launched "Just Say No Deal", isn't even a Democrat! LOL She AND her husband are Republicans. She's on the RECORD as supporting Hillary primarily because she is a woman. That's laughable.

All we have here are a bunch of scorned women. They care nothing about the party they claim affiliation with - they care only about the advancement of the female agenda.

Well, I say to you; had you played nicely, women would have held TWO of the TOP THREE positions in the Country. VP & Speaker. In my world, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. But they got greedy. They wanted to run the tables with a cabinet that would've had probably 4 of the top 6 positions held by women.

... But, not this time, not this year (damn, that's catchy).

You are organized, but your numbers aren't high enough to get any mainstream attention (don't kid yourself, FOX is not mainstream). Get a clue. Coverage by FOX is akin to preaching to your own chior! LMAO Your efforts will not have an effect on the presidential outcome. The only thing you'll accomplish is alienating yourself from a party and eroding your gender's progress some 5-10 years.

You left the party, the party didn't leave you. Be gone! =)

Beginning today, I will no longer recognize this group as Democrats. This group are wholesale extremists and should be dealt with in exactly the manner they have been and will be; ignored.

It's not too late to get on the bus! =) http://women.barackobama.com/page/content/WFOhome

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

Just so we know who they are, the "disaffected" voters can be described as (as a group or individually):

1. A very small minority of democratic women
2. An immeasurable minority of republican women
3. Approximately 1M voters nationwide
4. Misinformed
5. Feminists
6. Lesbians
7. Self described, militants
8. Entitled
9. Unknown bloggers
10. Left-of-Obama
11. Out of the mainstream
12. Voters without a party

Lesbians!

Would you care to elaborate?

Home Depot & Harley lesbians or Blahnik & Riesling lesbians?

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lesbians!

Would you care to elaborate?

Home Depot & Harley lesbians or Blahnik & Riesling lesbians?

The "Just Say No Deal" coalition specified 4 Lesbian Action groups supporting them but did not specify the names of the organizations. There's nothing ill meant by pointing it out.. just simply charactering, in part, the composition of the so-called pumas.

I am pro-people - don't think otherwise.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
=) and the supers can still switch their votes to Hillary!! There is a greater chance that Hillary will get the nomination than this group swinging the election to McCain. You better recognize... boi!

I didn't know I was debating politics with Flava Flav...

If a president can be decided by a mere 10,000 votes, then I'd wouldn't be so eager to dis those who can essentially be a vote in November. How soon do we forget Gore/Bush in '00. You think the political game has "changed" this much now that Obama is in the picture? Sit back and watch... I just pray that my fellow Democrats don't find a way to fuck this up.

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Beginning today, I will no longer recognize this group as Democrats. This group are wholesale extremists and should be dealt with in exactly the manner they have been and will be; ignored.

Your rant was highly inaccurate, but very revealing...just to let you know JustSayNoDeal incorporates a many groups...more than just women...TONS of information for disaffected Democrats and others who do not support Barack Obama.

For example: Stop-Obama

Of Obama, Iraq, Lies, and moral pygmys
Gregory Chang

Obama spends so much time attacking those who voted for the Iraq war, you’d think he voted against it (some are under just such an impression).
He conveniently and deliberately fails to mention that he was never asked to take such a vote. Doing so would undermine his aggressive campaign of ridiculing those Senators who did have to, and cut the current from his antiwar hallo. It would also shred the mantle of moral superiority his antiwar drivel now affords him.
Obama wasn’t among those Senator who had to make the crucial decision to authorize military force in Iraq, and his attacks on such Senators are odious. Cheap posturing with 20/20 hindsight. The media remain silent, when not outright complicit.
Past statements made by senator Obama, reveal that his present attacks on other Clinton and McCain are dishonest, and the result of political necessity. He wants to win the Primary at any cost. Truth does not appear high on Obama’s list of priorities. This casts doubt on his honesty, integrity, and intentions.

Previously Obama had acknowledged that he was not privy to the Senate Intelligence briefings that had shaped Senators’ votes on Iraq. He was conciliatory and speculated that his own decision may have been different.
16 months ago, the New York Times reported that:

In a recent interview, he [Obama] declined to criticize Senators Kerry and Edwards for voting to authorize the war, although he said he would not have done the same based on the information he had at the time. ”But, I’m not privy to Senate intelligence reports,” Mr. Obama said. ”What would I have done? I don’t know. What I know is that from my vantage point the case was not made.”
When a journalist pointed out that such statements raised flags about Obama’s anti-war spin, Obama informed the public that he only did it once, to

avoid putting down John Kerry and John Edwards, two senators who had voted to authorize the war and were about to become their party’s presidential ticket. “The only time when I said I’m not sure what I would do if I were in the Senate was right before the Democratic convention, when we had two nominees that obviously I did not want to be criticizing right before they got up and received the nomination,” [CNN, October 02, 2007]
Obama admitted to having lied, when asked whether his words at the time were honest :
“But you didn’t mean it?”
-So — well, no.
As if one lie wasn’t enough, he emphasized the singular nature of this dissimulation :
Obama told Candy Crowley that was the only time he ever said anything like that.
Could Obama have forgotten that only a year earlier, in reference to Hillary Clinton’s war vote, which he refused to judge, he stated quite emphatically

I think what people might point to is our different assessments of the war in Iraq, although I’m always careful to say that I was not in the Senate, so perhaps the reason I thought it was such a bad idea was that I didn’t have the benefit of U.S. intelligence. And, for those who did, it might have led to a different set of choices. So that might be something that sort of is obvious. But, again, we were in different circumstances at that time: I was running for the U.S. Senate, she had to take a vote, and casting votes is always a difficult test.
How would one run against Hillary Clinton, in that sense?
-Oh, I don’t know.
You never gave it any thought?
-I haven’t.
You sure?
-Positive.
[new yorker, November 6, 2006]
Yah, from “I said it only once,” to “always careful” in the blink of an eye. Don’t worry, the media have long died. Since Iraq, when they couldn’t stop juxtaposing Saddam with Ossama so we could invade Iraq on the pretext of fighting terrorism, who’d expect them to report well on another unknown - Obama? How else could the media make sure he wins the primary, so they can milk him for all he’s worth? By asking him tough questions? Whose gonna read that?​

***​
Seen from the present context of Obama’s election campaign, his past statements raise doubt about the sincerity of his antiwar rhetoric, and the integrity of a man who promises to unify and reconcile while badgering his opponents with unsubstantiated moral authority. Are these the actions of a man worthy of a Presidential nomination, or those of a moral pygmy?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Granted, you liked McCain months ago and then changed you mind.

(Sorry, I don't post here as much as some core members either).

I am not Trinity's campaign surrogate but I still can't agree with your notion that because HRC faked a statement about supporting BHO on Saturday, all of her supporters are ipso facto duty-bound to vote for him.
Gotcha.

That is to say, I figured that was the angle of which you were coming from.

My point is not that Trinity support Barack Obama. Even, after Hillary has lost, Trinity is fighting against Barack Obama.

She doesn't support McCain. She doesn't support Obama. What is the point of the information she is trying to relay? That is my question. I'm not coy to expect her to "jump the Obama bandwagon". I just want to know when Obama "killed her mother".
She lost because she's a polarizing, mendacious cunt that more than half of her own party refused to support. Majority rules, and the majority have said we don't want her in the White House. End of story.
While the quote may sound very brash, it is true. Rather a reality that people need to understand.

It's not about Hillary vs. Obama anymore. It's just not. It's about Obama vs. McCain. Saying "Hillary is better" has no bearing because Hillary lost, conceded, "suspended her campaign".

However, if you want the issues that Hillary Clinton believed in and stood for in her platform, you have no other choice but to vote for Obama in the fall. If Hillary won the primary, I'd honestly be saying the same thing.
This is why it is getting harder for me to actually vote for barack, his supporters are the biggest bunch of bragging ass clowns on the planet. Obama won, so move on and get yours. Why try to belittle your opponent? If you are secure enough in your victory then you should move on and not even acknowledge the flaws in your defeated foe. Real athletes and real competitors have respect for their opponents and don't rub shit in like little snobby 5 year olds.
I agree. Which is why (if you actually pay attention) most of the threads I've created in the previous weeks were about squashing "Obama vs. Clinton". It seems more people would like to dredge up the dirt. It's just unnecessary now.

Last edited:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your rant was highly inaccurate, but very revealing...just to let you know JustSayNoDeal incorporates a many groups...more than just women...

I didn't say that it was exclusive to women. However, the men involved in the movement (if you can call it that) are a foot note. This is about not accepting the results of an election at the expense of your former candidate. Hillary should have taken a queue from Gore's campaign and recognized when she was defeated and put the party ahead of her and Bill's legacy.

By whipping up her extremist supporters into a militant frenzy with her self-centered rhetoric, she reminded the real democrats that we've had 8 years of divisive politics - we need to unify. In a crazy way, she unified the democratic party in much the same way that she would've unified the GOP has she won the election.

We came out of the election with a charismatic, electable contender. For that, I thank her.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't know I was debating politics with Flava Flav...

If a president can be decided by a mere 10,000 votes, then I'd wouldn't be so eager to dis those who can essentially be a vote in November. How soon do we forget Gore/Bush in '00. You think the political game has "changed" this much now that Obama is in the picture? Sit back and watch... I just pray that my fellow Democrats don't find a way to fuck this up.

Do you live in a vacuum or something? It' not Obama supporters dis'n anyone. lol. It's the pumas. =) This election will bare little resemblance to Gore/Bush. Several conservative pundits are warning that this election could be over before the polls close on the west coast. And guess what, they're not saying its going to be McCain winning =) Hell, the GOP is already conceding a loss of 20-25 seats in the Senate alone. Dems will be sweeping this country up this year. 2008 will be transformational for our country - finally.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The WSJ reported yesterday that the HRC campaign had sufficient funds to retire its USD 20m+ debt but that according to the fundraiding rules she agreed to abide by at the start of the campaign, the money was to be set aside for the general election.

Yes. In Jan 2007 Clinton thought it prudent to have donors donate simultaneously to her primary and general election campaigns as she viewed herself as the inevitable nominee. National polls led her to falsely assume she would best her competitors by Feb. 2008. She failed to develop a broad base of donors or focus on how to win over voters who told pollsters that they viewed her unfavorably. She did not consider Obama to be a serious challenge and had exhausted her funds to compete beyond Super Tuesday. She continued the race and incurred the $20 million debt.

It is said that she cannot use the money set aside for a general election campaign towards the debt, but she can use it towards a future senate campaign. In any event, she's capable of paying this debt off.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Another example: Obama WTF:
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Team Obama tries to rewrite history when facts emerge to show the foolishness of talking with the enemy

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat the same mistake...unless of course you're Obama in which case you simply rewrite history.

Rather than simply admit that a highly inexperienced junior Senator from Illinois made an understandably naive comment when he committed to meet unconditionally with US enemies...(understandable because he has minimal Foreign policy experience)...Team Obama seem to be attempting to build an entire foreign policy doctrine around his goof. Seeing as such a policy is not supported by historical fact, Team Obama is now having to send out so-called scholarly sounding surrogates to rewrite history.

Yesterday, Susanne Rice became the latest to attempt to rewrite history.
This report from three weeks ago in the Weekly standard provides a recount of history based not on what feels nice to say to support The Apprentice who's currently running for President, but on what was written by reporters who did what they were supposed to do in recording the facts based on notes from direct interviews with the President of that day...John F Kennedy.
The Kennedy-Khrushchev Conference for Dummies
Remedial history for Barack Obama.
by Scott W. Johnson
05/28/2008 12:00:00 AM

BARACK OBAMA FIRST VOWED to meet unconditionally with the leaders of America's foremost enemies in the YouTube Democratic candidates' debate on July 23, 2007. Since then he has reaffirmed and expanded on the commitment in a variety of contexts, promoting such meetings as a sort of panacea for America's national security challenges. In making these pronouncements, Obama sounds like a precocious college undergraduate who finds himself granted a vision that has eluded elders whose befuddled reckoning has brought them to an impasse.
In Portland on May 18, Obama cited John F. Kennedy's 1961 summit with Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev in Vienna among the series of negotiations that led to America's triumph over the Soviet Union in the Cold War. The Vienna summit, however, disproves Obama's assertion regarding the unvarying value of meetings between enemy heads of state about as decisively as any historical episode can refute a thesis. In addition to poor judgment, Obama has demonstrated that he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Kennedy first addressed the subject of a possible summit with the Soviet Union in the second Kennedy-Nixon debate. Unlike Obama, Kennedy expressly rejected a summit without preconditions. Indeed, Kennedy expressed his agreement with Nixon that he "would not meet Mr. Khrushchev unless there were some agreements at the secondary level--foreign ministers or ambassadors--which would indicate that the meeting would have some hope of success, or a useful exchange of ideas." In the third debate, Kennedy suggested that the strengthening of American conventional and nuclear forces should precede any summit with the Soviet Union.
Once in office, Kennedy more or less discarded his previously expressed conditions for a summit. In a letter written in February and secretly delivered to Khrushchev in March 1961, Kennedy expressed his willingness to meet Khrushchev "before too long" for an informal exchange of views. After the Bay of Pigs fiasco, Kennedy sensed that discussions without an agenda or prior agreement might be disadvantageous to the United States. He let the matter drop, but Khrushchev accepted the invitation on May 4. The meeting was to occur in Vienna late that spring.
Through a secret Washington encounter between Attorney General Robert Kennedy and Soviet intelligence agent Georgi Bolshakov the following week, the president sought to explore an acceptable compromise on nuclear testing in connection with ongoing negotiations in Geneva that might be finalized in Vienna. The compromise, however, would have to be depicted as originating from the Soviet side. In Jack Kennedy: Education of a Statesman movie-star biographer Barbara Leaming shows a finer sense of power politics than Barack Obama does. In his back-channel offer, she writes, Kennedy inadvertently conveyed to Khrushchev "that in the aftermath of Cuba he was nervous that Vienna be perceived as a success" and that "he was willing to deceive the American people, who, at his instigation, were to be told that the [compromise offer] had come from the Soviet negotiators rather than from him. In sum, he bared his vulnerabilities to an opponent well able to take advantage of them."
The parties reached no agreement on any set agenda or proposals prior to their meeting in Vienna on June 3 and 4. The meetings were therefore confined to the informal exchange of views referred to in Kennedy's February letter. By all accounts, including Kennedy's own, the meetings were a disaster. Khrushchev berated, belittled, and bullied Kennedy on subjects ranging from Communist ideology to the balance of power between the Soviet and Western blocs, to Laos, to "wars of national liberation," to nuclear testing. He threw down the gauntlet on Berlin in particular, all but threatening war.
"I never met a man like this," Kennedy subsequently commented to Time's Hugh Sidey. " talked about how a nuclear exchange would kill 70 million people in ten minutes, and he just looked at me as if to say 'So what?'" In The Fifty-Year Wound, Cold War historian Derek Leebaert drily observes of Khrushchev in Vienna, "Having worked for Stalin had its uses."
Kennedy sought a brief final session with Khrushchev to clear the air regarding Berlin. In that final meeting at the Soviet embassy, however, Khrushchev bluntly told Kennedy, "It is up to the U.S. to decide whether there will be war or peace." Kennedy responded, "Then, Mr. Chairman, there will be war. It will be a cold winter." On this unhappy note the two leaders' only face-to-face meeting came to an end.
Immediately following the final session on June 4 Kennedy sat for a previously scheduled interview with New York Times columnist James Reston at the American embassy. Kennedy was reeling from his meetings with Khrushchev, famously describing the meetings as the "roughest thing in my life." Reston reported that Kennedy said just enough for Reston to conclude that Khrushchev "had studied the events of the Bay of Pigs" and that he had "decided that he was dealing with an inexperienced young leader who could be intimidated and blackmailed." Kennedy said to Reston that Khrushchev had "just beat [the] hell out of me" and that he had presented Kennedy with a terrible problem: "If he thinks I'm inexperienced and have no guts, until we remove those ideas we won't get anywhere with him. So we have to act."
Seeking the advice of former Secretary of State Dean Acheson and others, Kennedy pondered his options for the following seven weeks. On July 25 he gave a televised speech to the American people reflecting on the Vienna meeting. In the speech he announced that he was seeking congressional approval for an additional $3.25 billion in defense spending, the doubling and tripling of draft calls, calling up reserves, raising the Army's total authorized strength, increasing active duty numbers in the Navy and Air Force, reconditioning planes and ships in mothballs, and a civil defense program to minimize the number of Americans that would be killed in a nuclear attack. In August, Khrushchev responded in his own fashion, erecting the Berlin wall and resuming above ground nuclear testing. Kennedy showed his commitment to maintain Western access to Berlin by sending a battle group of 1,500 men together with Vice President Johnson and General Lucius Clay in from West Germany.
The following year brought the Cuban missile crisis, another sequel to Khrushchev's reading of Kennedy's weakness. Close as the Cuban missile crisis brought the two sides to war, however, it was perhaps not the most consequential effect of Khrushchev's reading of Kennedy's weakness. Persuaded that he needed further to demonstrate "fearlessness and backbone," in the words of William Manchester, Kennedy observed to Reston that the only place where the Communists were challenging the West in a shooting war was in Southeast Asia. Summarizing Kennedy's own evaluation of the aftermath of the Vienna conference in his 2003 biography of Kennedy, Robert Dallek writes that Kennedy "now needed to convince Khrushchev that he could not be pushed around, and the best place currently to make U.S. power credible seemed to be in Vietnam."
In short, the Vienna conference resolved no issue between the United States and the Soviet Union. On the contrary, if anything, it precipitated crises that were resolved through the display and use of military force.
What harm can possibly come of a meeting between enemies? There are many, like Obama, who say that no harm can come from talking. To paraphrase JFK's June 1963 Berlin speech, let them come to study the Vienna conference.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do you live in a vacuum or something? It' not Obama supporters dis'n anyone.

Gee... with all the bullshit flinging from both sides, it's hard to tell from my standpoint. :rolleyes:

This election will bare little resemblance to Gore/Bush.

And I see you're one of the several that owns that prestigious Politicial Crystal Ball that sees into the future too. Nice.

Several conservative pundits are warning that this election could be over before the polls close on the west coast. And guess what, they're not saying its going to be McCain winning =) Hell, the GOP is already conceding a loss of 20-25 seats in the Senate alone. Dems will be sweeping this country up this year. 2008 will be transformational for our country - finally.

Let's get real...
I want to remain hopeful for a Democratic win in November, but I'd rather look at things with a realistic set of eyes and not one clouded by an obtuse level of hyper-optimism. What's projected now can change in a matter of moments. Don't let the polls fool you. Every argument, every twist and every spin has a poll they can use to back their claims. So I really don't care if one poll says that Obama is going to win by 6% or whatever if the election happened right now, because the election is in NOVEMBER. I don't care if another poll says Obama has a majority of voters because history has proven that the one with the majority doesn't always win when it counts. I don't care if the "fair and balanced poll" from idontfallforthebullshit dot com says 75% of people who backed Hillary will back Obama, because that number should be 100%. The fact that 25% have different thoughts is a problem for anyone who wants a Democrat back in the White House. A BIG PROBLEM. Obama only won the nomination by 2% of the popular vote. He ran a campaign that cost tons of money, even more than what Hillary spent, and scraped by. This is nothing to gloat about or rub in anyone's face as if you won some bet in a bar.

We still got a LONG way to go before November and every vote is going to be needed if Obama is going to win in November. And much to your chagrin, even votes from those "misinformed, militant, blogging, out of the mainstream, independent lesbians" you want to make fun of with your Ebonic slang can make a difference.

And that's the real word on the street, a'ight?