The Reality Police

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
My position on authenticity hasn't changed. I'm rather outspoken on this, probably because it took me a hell of a long time to like myself for what I am and what I represent. Citing the recent squabble I've gotten myself into over DMW's pics, I thought I would take an aside here.

See, that's why I'm all for genuity on this board. Members, may I take this space to say... truly... clearly... that it's damn okay to be yourself. Big dick, small dick. Fat, skinny. Ugly as sin, the sweetest thing on earth. I say screw the fuckers who only look at you as a dick size. Or a rack -- not that there aren't nice ones out there, but you know what I mean.

You are in all your real and true authenticity a nice person who deserves to be valued in your own right, so who the fuck says that you've got to be anything you're not? It's painful to know the lengths people will go through to maintain a false sense of self when, really, we're talking about an Internet, folks.

Preferences for individuals aside, don't let those people dictate who you are and who you must be.

I don't get it. I mean, in some way I can understand the rationale of people who seek the admiration and the support of others. That's called "other-generated validation." This silly therapist boy named Schnarch invented that concept to describe how, in relationships, we twist our nuts all about just to please our partners and to follow their whims, in the meantime sacrificing our own wants and needs to gain affection. To compensate for the ultimate low-blow in self-esteem, we have to look to others to give us the confidence we can't give ourselves.

So, for the love of God, stop it. If you get a kick out of lying, know that you're getting real people, genuine people who just need a friendship or a connection -- that you're hurting them in the process, you soulless wit. And if you seek that adoration from whichever way it comes, I'm glad that you want friends and that you're willing to put yourself out there, but don't waste it on people who don't deserve it. And if you're sitting there quiet on the sidelines, maybe you're one of the lucky ones. You can tolerate a hell of a lot more than I can, and some part of me wishes I had that patience to handle it.

But... since it's my prerogative, I'm just going to take that stand, even if it's on my own. I hate seeing people get hurt or mislead on this site. As frustrated as I get with this place, I'm still loyal to it and I want to see that it becomes the best place it possibly can, whether people inquire about underwear or want to see some schlongs.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I echo Dee's sentiment. It really bothers me that we've ended up with so many people who need self-affirmation and they get burned in the end because of the liars on the internet. On the net you can be whoever you want and no one will ever really know you. What happens when you do decide to meet and that sexy 25 year old blonde bombshell girl ends up being some 65 year old fat old troll man in a nasty old stained wife beater? I'm afraid that some of those things are happening on this board already.

I've caught some people in lies when I've talked to them on AIM or YIM. I talked with one guy from here who wanted to compare on cam, so I waid I would. When his "fat 9 incher" was obviously not anywhere close to that, he got all freaked out when he saw mine and quickly signed off. However, I see that he's posted on here under a new screen name and claims that he's now got 10 inches in one post and in another post he says he's 8.5" long. How I know this is because he sent me his pictures to compare and they are from the same email account---duh...it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

I see several others on here who I know are going to get burned in the long run and I don't want to see it happen. There's just too much lying and falsifying going on and people are getting infatuated with things that aren't true.

Let's all just be real...there's nothing wrong with the truth. The truth always wins and the truth always comes out.

I've told a couple of people in PM who I know who are fakers on here and who I think could be. I've posted publically one person who is and I'm not beyond starting a thread naming names.

B_hungrick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I dont get the chance to check out this site as much as I'd like to.After reading many posts for the last months I've come to the conclusion that the regulars here have close relationships with each other.That's obvious as shit I suppose.It's tough on those members to find out that one of their friends is not who they say they are.People do a lot of weird things to find some affirmation in this world.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@May 26 2005, 11:41 PM
[post=315112]Quoted post[/post]​
Yes, and it is interesting how this has played out. Guys have come on here pretending to be so well hung and are not and get caught and catch the wrath of everyone.

Me, I told the truth the day I came. I am not well hung. Was it the average and high average guys that gave the most support. No, it was the truly endowed ones.

I have learned here that I would much rather strip naked in front of the well endowed then the ones just a half an inch longer than me. The ones doing all the carrying on and insecure about penis size are not the well endowed.

I do my best to really be myself here. I have enjoyed it. I feel for the people that are lied to. I am 54. I oculd have said I was 24. I am sure I could have found a model's broad shoulders and posted it. I have just as much communication with the young ones as I do the older ones, probably more. But I couldn't pull that off. The way I write and several would have caught that I was a mature person, not a teenager or even college student. When college age students start remembering back when we were in Vietnam and I was in the eighth grade, it sorta gives it away.

Thanks to all you have been so nice to me. You all are the greatest.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I too understand the frustration over these issues, and I empathize with you and many others on this matter Dee. The problem lies simply in that this is the internet. People have been misrepresenting themselves via this medium since its first incarnation, no doubt. I'd imagine the trend will continue, as the senses are fallible particularly in cases such as these.

It does not take a huge leap of intellect to come to the realization that what you think you see on the internet, is not always what you get--in fact, it is rarely what you get. The truth of this has made it's way into pop culture, just as the more idealized hopes of relationships have, both within and without the use of the internet, or if you will, (said with cheesy accent) electric love. *snicker* These things have quickly become common knowledge. They are taught to children by modern parents, and to the rest of the world via the pedagogical media.

So then ... what ever shall we do about this? Shall we skip about, user by user, thread by thread publicly pointing fingers and screaming "TERRORIST! NAZI!" like dear ol dubbya, based upon nothing but suspicion? What if the individual in question is truly not harming anyone, save perhaps themselves? Do you, or I, have any right to tell them they are a horrible person for digitally preening about incognito? (When they probably think little of themselves already)? Do we attempt to privately communicate with everyone who crosses the transgressors path, and alert them to our suspicions--knowing full well they will believe what they want anyways? If someone wants to create an illusion, and someone else wants to buy into it, are both parties not capable of caring for themselves and dealing with the situation they put themselves into?

The simple fact remains, that without sufficient proof and/or evidence of the transgression in question, to dare to PUBLICLY imply that a particular individual has trespassed to misrepresent themselves strikes me as presumptuous, rude, tactless, and tasteless. While I find the act of misrepresentation, when used to harm others, to be just as distasteful, without concrete evidence and/or reports of harassment, I don't think it's very classy to publicly implicate a person no matter how subversive the means.

Feeding into the whole DMW picture ball o' poop, who gives a fuck? Honestly. If it's not harming anyone, who fucking cares? I've heard plenty of rig-a-ma-roll about DMW being a fake from various individuals. The fact remains that no one has any real evidence, and DMW has been NOTHING but kind to be in my time here. Thus, I have consciously chosen that, real or not, I choose to continue communicating with him. In doing so, I take responsibility for the end results of that correspondence for good or bad.

If anyone has evidence of insincerity and harassment, by DMW or any other member, bring it to MisterMark so that it may be dealt with and be done with it.

Either tinkle, or get off the potty.

If you don't, you may find yourself in danger of seeming, at best, overly presumptuous.

To aid in this matter, I'm giving myself the title of "Gestapo of Cock Shots" I shall choose another to take over my previous position of "Lollypop Gestapo" in the weeks to come.

Kisses and hugs,
Ash

TripodMillenium: *blinks at the explosion of fuss about* o_O;

Such negative energy about... >_<

Fold your legs under you, relax, close your eyes, and repeat after me people.... "Ohm... Ohm... Ohm..." ;) :p

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.... and I refuse to treat them as anything less than another soul even if they are making horrible asses of themselves.... Such is life, do we not remember this, class?

It takes a great bit of personal strength, I know, but my view is to help, not hate.

I do not assume anyone to be a faker who I do not have proof of such with... and known or unknown, I just pity anyone who feels that they have to try to appear something they&#39;re not.

I know how that is, myself... I spent over a decade hiding my true feelings in love and sex from others, and from myself -- all because I was irrationally afraid.

I especially feel that way &#39;cause being untruthful with others must be preceeded by being untruthful to yourself. There is no reason to be other than who you are.

And, remember, sometimes taking things so utterly seriously is just you hurting yourself unnecessarily with stress.

Pax vobiscum. ^_^

*climbs back in his Hallmark card and goes to bed* :D -_-

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Originally posted by ashlar@May 27 2005, 02:50 AM
I too understand the frustration over these issues, and I empathize with you and many others on this matter Dee. The problem lies simply in that this is the internet. People have been misrepresenting themselves via this medium since its first incarnation, no doubt. I&#39;d imagine the trend will continue, as the senses are fallible particularly in cases such as these.

It does not take a huge leap of intellect to come to the realization that what you think you see on the internet, is not always what you get--in fact, it is rarely what you get. The truth of this has made it&#39;s way into pop culture, just as the more idealized hopes of relationships have, both within and without the use of the internet, or if you will, (said with cheesy accent) electric love. *snicker* These things have quickly become common knowledge. They are taught to children by modern parents, and to the rest of the world via the pedagogical media.

So then ... what ever shall we do about this? Shall we skip about, user by user, thread by thread publicly pointing fingers and screaming "TERRORIST&#33; NAZI&#33;" like dear ol dubbya, based upon nothing but suspicion? What if the individual in question is truly not harming anyone, save perhaps themselves? Do you, or I, have any right to tell them they are a horrible person for digitally preening about incognito? (When they probably think little of themselves already)? Do we attempt to privately communicate with everyone who crosses the transgressors path, and alert them to our suspicions--knowing full well they will believe what they want anyways? If someone wants to create an illusion, and someone else wants to buy into it, are both parties not capable of caring for themselves and dealing with the situation they put themselves into?

The simple fact remains, that without sufficient proof and/or evidence of the transgression in question, to dare to PUBLICLY imply that a particular individual has trespassed to misrepresent themselves strikes me as presumptuous, rude, tactless, and tasteless. While I find the act of misrepresentation, when used to harm others, to be just as distasteful, without concrete evidence and/or reports of harassment, I don&#39;t think it&#39;s very classy to publicly implicate a person no matter how subversive the means.

Feeding into the whole DMW picture ball o&#39; poop, who gives a fuck? Honestly. If it&#39;s not harming anyone, who fucking cares? I&#39;ve heard plenty of rig-a-ma-roll about DMW being a fake from various individuals. The fact remains that no one has any real evidence, and DMW has been NOTHING but kind to be in my time here. Thus, I have consciously chosen that, real or not, I choose to continue communicating with him. In doing so, I take responsibility for the end results of that correspondence for good or bad.

If anyone has evidence of insincerity and harassment, by DMW or any other member, bring it to MisterMark so that it may be dealt with and be done with it.

Either tinkle, or get off the potty.

If you don&#39;t, you may find yourself in danger of seeming, at best, overly presumptuous.

To aid in this matter, I&#39;m giving myself the title of "Gestapo of Cock Shots" I shall choose another to take over my previous position of "Lollypop Gestapo" in the weeks to come.

Kisses and hugs,
Ash
[post=315133]Quoted post[/post]​

Would it be no better than to point out grammar flaws? Mistypes in punctuation? Split infinitives? (Remember, the adverb comes after the infinitive.)

I think we&#39;ll just have to have a difference of opinion on this one. I am more than prepared to stand by my lonesome on this one, if anything because I&#39;m speaking for other people who have the same concerns and are a little more hesitant than I to say something. And that&#39;s perfectly okay. If I have to catch the fire for this, so be it, but I would gladly do that so long as I get some stuff off my chest.

The evidence is in the discrepancy of pictures. They don&#39;t add up, simply put. And do note well that I used the word "suspicious," somewhat less of an accusation than "Stop lying, you fraud." And I&#39;m not judging his character or the rapport he has established with a good bit of the membership either. Why, I could acknowledge for myself that Jacinto seems like a nice guy and gets along with people just fine.

I&#39;m arguing that the people harmed are the people getting duped. Jacinto&#39;s alleged infraction is a relatively minor case, and as I recall, I only questioned a few pictures. Please don&#39;t miscontrue.

Is it futile? Perhaps. Can we stop ALL the liars, ALL the spam in the world? Surely not. But what&#39;s so wrong with taking a stand here and now? I&#39;m saying my peace because some people were talking, commotion has started up, and they want to make sense of what&#39;s going on. So I took one for the team and make the charge a bit more public. And I&#39;ll quote you back, "So the fuck what?"

I&#39;ll give you your fleshpile; and you grant me my inquisition. So there.

major_7

Just Browsing
Media
OK. So I am pretty new around here. This is the first online community that I have ever been a part of. I have thoroughly enjoyed the discussions, wit, silliness, seriousness, helpfulness, friendships, etc. from what I perceive to be a pretty cool place to interact with people.

People come to this site for a variety of reasons. Some people have the big dicks, some people have the little dicks, some people have the medium size dicks, some people don&#39;t have dicks at all. Some people want to come here "just to read the articles" and others want to look at the pictures. There are so many options on this site.

*makes a note to consider upgrading membership and posting a picture so everyone can see me for who I am*

But would that make everyone happy? I am who I am, nothing more, nothing less.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am always an advocate of honesty, regardless of the venue. As for the ones who come to this site and lie about who and what they are, I actually feel more sorry for them than angry toward them.

If you cannot come to LPSG and be honest, then the serious problems are in yourself. If you are so insecure about your dick size that you have to lie, and add an imaginary 2 or 4 or 8 or 10 inches to it, it is just sad. If you are so insecure about your age that you have to lie about it and subtract 10 or 15 or 20 or 30 years, that is just completely pitiful. I don&#39;t think many of the regulars here would ostracize a 70-year-old with a 3-inch erection, as long as he participated, showed intelligence, and presented himself with integrity.

The majority of us regular posters, I believe, are completely (or at least mostly) upfront about ourselves. Those who are not, well, they don&#39;t really warrant me expending the energy even to be concerned about them. If they do things that are actually malicious, that is another topic for another thread.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree with Dee, and I support him in what he says. However lets remember that we arent starting a witch hunt here. So what if DMW&#39;s pics were faked? If he is prepared to confess, or to prove himself genuine, then the matter should be laid to rest there.

I have called out a few fakes in recent weeks, members that when i have spoken to them on YIM, claimed to be 18/19 and then suddenly are 40/50 in their profiles.

On the other hand I have gotten to know some very decent genuine people, that know who they are, and thats the whole reason I enjoy coming to LPSG so much.

I dont just consider it a "big cock site" anymore, we have built it into an online community, lets not ruin it by giving into suspicion and finger pointing.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
DB understands the whole premise fully. It&#39;s not just about dick sizes and cock shots, because that&#39;s a very small thing. It&#39;s the lying that goes on above and beyond that. People who claim to be 18 or 19 but are really 60, the exaggerated claims of who they are and what they do...I mean come on. Don&#39;t you think you&#39;ll be found out eventually? Yes this is an internet community, but online relationships/friendships are forged. You wouldn&#39;t lie (or SHOULDN&#39;T) to friends in real life, why would you do it here? Just be cause you can isn&#39;t a good reason. If you need to do it to make yourself feel better or look better or whatever, it&#39;s a pretty lame excuse, because there are other people who can and will get hurt.

I talked about this topic before with some of my friends offline and then it just so happens that I&#39;ve found out that there are a lot of people who question some of what goes on here on the board. I have done a search for one of our members. Knowing the person&#39;s name, where he lives and what he does for a living, I did several searches using different search engines. There is not a trace of evidence for this person. This person&#39;s birthdate has even changed in his profile, too. There is so much discrepancy, yet people hang on to his every word as if it&#39;s gospel.

Old people on here are drooling over supposedly young guys without even knowing anything about them. They are getting their jollies, but they are probably fellow senior citizens posting stolen pics off the net.

The bottom line is why lie? Just be honest, you&#39;re going to be exposed and found out. There are too many people who can and will find out information.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Therein is the difficulty of belonging to any online forum. People often present themselves as who they WANT to be rather than who they are. I have developed close friendships with a select few peopel here (Although I admire the observed personalitites of MANY others) and hope to maintain those friendships through all of the bullshit that happens here (and BS happens EVERYWHERE).

I do not like liars or fakes (online or in person) and I also realize that on a board dedicated to penis size--there are bound to be both. I am proud of DB for saying publically what he thinks. I know that this isn&#39;t REALLY about DMW--it&#39;s more of a global issue and it&#39;s sad. If people want ot pretend to be hung and aren&#39;t--God love &#39;em. I pray for them to one day have the inner peace and serentity to be okay with who they really are and what they really have. I still maintain I (as my old sig said) that "the hardest thing in life is to want what you have."

I take everyone at face value and will believe what they tell me until they demonstrate that I should not. As Oprah once said "When people show you who they are, BELIEVE THEM." Until and after then, I stand without judgment becasue who am I, really?

I don&#39;t claim to understand what makes a person want to steal cock shots or pretend to be someone s/he is not any more than a 100% straight guys understands me or a lesbian understands a straight woman. I fear that if I could understand that it would mean that I filtered reality from a similar place of disturbance (and I don&#39;t want that).

I simply choose to ignore the things that bother me--like DB--(and DMW and Pecker and Max and Madame Zora, et.al.)--I am mor einstrested in the good about this palce than the bad. I will not let the negative actions and energies of others limit my enjoyment of this forum.

hung_big: *Bitch Mode on*

After some experiences that I have personally gone through (both related and unrelated to this site) I must say that faking enodowment is the most unconsequencial and trivial thing that one can facade.

It&#39;s the people who pretend to be completely different beings than who they are; the people who act kind, but are really souless, those who say they care, but couldn&#39;t be bothered with you, those who basically lead you on into thinking they are someone you can trust and care about, when really they aren&#39;t worth your time.

I couldn&#39;t give half a fuck about someone&#39;s endowment, even if I am sleeping with them. I like a big cock as much as the next person (well, gay and bi guys and straight women, that is ;) ), but I don&#39;t want someone to lie to me or the world about it. I also couldn&#39;t care if someone lies about their appendage, but rather personifying a completely false personality.

I&#39;ve had my fair share of fake people in my life and the less of those there are in this world and on this site, the better.

*Bitch mode off*

B_Dantesco

Just Browsing
Media
This whole affair is ridiculous. Dee doesn&#39;t like Jacinto. Period. He has used those exact words in a post before. He once posted a tirade to explain what he doesn&#39;t like about Jacinto, and many of the adjectives he used could be applied to him as well. He has sent Jacinto some very rude and insulting e-mails. But most of his comments on the board have been confined to snide comments. He has called Jacinto "bitchy", "arrogant", "self-centered", "superior", a "prima donna", a "know-it-all". That was all once upon a time and I thought the whole feud had died down. From my conversations with Jacinto he thought so too. But this time he stepped over the line . . . he has all but accused Jacinto of fraud.

Now Jacinto is a big boy and doesn&#39;t need me or anyone else to fight his fights for him, but Dee addressed this to me specifically:

Well, Dantesco, if you can explain how pubic and underarm hair can drastically change shades like that, then I&#39;ll gladly eat my comments with a bit of ketchup.

No you won&#39;t, Dee. You never admit when you&#39;re wrong. Jacinto is an avid swimmer. I don&#39;t know how your hair reacts to chlorine and sun, but mine turns reddish-brown or even orange. Chlorine often turns a blond&#39;s hair green but Jacinto and I both have black hair, and it turns orange. I don&#39;t know whether or not you sun-bathe nude. Jacinto does. A summer&#39;s worth of exposure to sunlight and chlorine and you expect his pubic and underarm hair to remain jet black? I&#39;m sure there are more than a few members here with very dark hair. How about it, guys . . . does your hair ever change drastically in the summer? Am I the only one?

Now how do I know that Jacinto is who he says he is? I&#39;ve met him. I&#39;ve hung out with him. I&#39;ve met his friends and his brothers. Other members here have met him in person or spoken with him over the phone. They know that he is the same as he is here at LPSG. There is nothing phony about the man. He&#39;s a nice guy with a nice personality and easy to talk to.

And how do I know that those are actually pictures of Jacinto? The easiest answer is because he says so. His honesty is what many people here on the board have come to respect about him. But if you want more concrete evidence I recognize 2 particular visual pieces of evidence in his pic. I have seen that necklace up close and I have sat in those yellow chairs that you mentioned.

I can see why he hesitates to post pics.

While I&#39;m at at I might as well give voice to another thing that I&#39;ve frequently found funny. Just a day or two ago you made another "know-it-all" allusion. I remember when Dee frequently cited papers he had written for his college philosophy courses to support his opinions. "Here&#39;s something I wrote for class that might be helpful in explaining what&#39;s going on." Never cited his sources. Apparently his own words were enough that they superceded what noted philosophers thought. A guy who presents his own homework assignments as proof of a premise calls someone else a "know-it-all"? Pot? Kettle?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks, Dante, but as you said, I don&#39;t need anyone to fight my fights for me. In fact, I don&#39;t feel like fighting: it serves no purpose. Tweedledee doesn&#39;t like me. As you mentioned, he has made that clear. Nasty e-mails and snide comments notwithstanding, I&#39;ve decided I really don&#39;t care. If he has all these &#39;suspicions&#39;, that&#39;s fine: it doesn&#39;t really affect me, does it? It doesn&#39;t affect the friendships I&#39;ve made here, does it? I&#39;ve already told him that it&#39;s his prerogative to believe me or not, and I stand by that. He can&#39;t know for sure that I&#39;m not a 73 year-old Jewish woman librarian from New Jersey unless he meets me, and I don&#39;t really care to meet him. And if others want to join in his crusade, let them. I&#39;m not here to fight. I&#39;m here because I like the people here and I think that I sometimes have something worthwhile to post. I&#39;ll continue here for those reasons, and let the others do as they will.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne+May 27 2005, 05:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeeBlackthorne &#064; May 27 2005, 05:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Would it be no better than to point out grammar flaws? Mistypes in punctuation? Split infinitives? (Remember, the adverb comes after the infinitive.)[/b]

No, your not worthy of editing what I have to say, nor are you qualified. I&#39;ve passed my first year as an official English major, taking senior level classes as a sophmore and still maintaining a high GPA and Deans List status. *does a happy dance*
So ... doom on you.

Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@May 27 2005, 05:15 AM
I think we&#39;ll just have to have a difference of opinion on this one. I am more than prepared to stand by my lonesome on this one, if anything because I&#39;m speaking for other people who have the same concerns and are a little more hesitant than I to say something. And that&#39;s perfectly okay. If I have to catch the fire for this, so be it, but I would gladly do that so long as I get some stuff off my chest.

A difference of opinion on what exactly, the matter of those who choose to misrepresent themselves and the treatment of these individuals, Or on the treatment of DMW specifically?

I agree that if it can be proven that an individual is misrepresenting themselves, they have no place here. I disagree with you publicly demeaning someone based upon little more than fancy and whim.

The evidence is in the discrepancy of pictures. They don&#39;t add up, simply put. And do note well that I used the word "suspicious," somewhat less of an accusation than "Stop lying, you fraud." And I&#39;m not judging his character or the rapport he has established with a good bit of the membership either. Why, I could acknowledge for myself that Jacinto seems like a nice guy and gets along with people just fine.

Ahhh so a few rogue pubes is all it takes you get your panties in a bunch?

I&#39;m arguing that the people harmed are the people getting duped. Jacinto&#39;s alleged infraction is a relatively minor case, and as I recall, I only questioned a few pictures. Please don&#39;t miscontrue.

Perhaps, and apparently it was easier to point the finger in public in what was no doubt an attempt to stir up shit and cause problems for another user. You know quite well how comments like that (on a site such as this) can affect how an individual is characterized by others. However, I SUSPECT you chose to disregard this fact instead of conducting yourself with some small amount of class and maturity.
If DMW has not harmed anyone, and you have chosen to dislike him for your own reasons you could easily take up your issues with him privately, or simply ignore his existence and let it go. Instead I SUSPECT you choose you demean him in an effort to give some small part of your life meaning. Then you turn around and attempt to move others dislike him for YOUR own reasons.

Mind you, I said "I suspect" which isn’t the same as coming right out and saying, "Oi&#33; You presumptuous, childish prick."

Did I just think that aloud?
*covers his mouth like a pin up girl and says..*
Oops, I did it again baby. :p

Is it futile? Perhaps. Can we stop ALL the liars, ALL the spam in the world? Surely not. But what&#39;s so wrong with taking a stand here and now? I&#39;m saying my peace because some people were talking, commotion has started up, and they want to make sense of what&#39;s going on. So I took one for the team and make the charge a bit more public. And I&#39;ll quote you back, "So the fuck what?"

I see nothing wrong with taking a stand and dealing with the shit provided you have sufficient evidence to warrant such action. Mind you, the evidence I speak of would consist of far more than simple gossip. I had thought you were above such things and respected that in you. Apparently my respect was misplaced. My mistake.

<!--QuoteBegin-DeeBlackthorne
@May 27 2005, 05:15 AM
I&#39;ll give you your fleshpile; and you grant me my inquisition. So there.
[post=315147]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Well neenier neenier to you too Mr. Poopy pants.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Fine, kids... you asked for it... ::rolls up sleeves::

There was a time way back when that I didn&#39;t overtly like Jacinto. It was simply a personality clash. That&#39;s perfectly okay. A fact that I also maintain in my real life, I don&#39;t feel that it&#39;s necessary or possible or fair to expect that my dislike for someone should influence how someone else feels. My policy is really simple. I won&#39;t pretend to talk to someone and like them only to talk dirty about them behind their backs. Trust me. I wasn&#39;t the only one who took a look at those photos and thought "hmmmmmm...." in a not-so "Things that make you go..." intriguing kind of way. I wasn&#39;t the only suspicious one, even if I&#39;m the only one who&#39;s talking to such a degree right now.

But moving on...

No, wait. Before I start up there, let it be said that when I asked gigantikok from a long, long, long time ago if he were legit, he promptly sent me a recent webcam capture with a sign saying "Hi, Dee." Was I shocked? Certainly; those pics have circled the globe many times, but he was ultimately right and I had to acknowledge that. It felt like a sucker punch to the gut; In fact, it felt good to be stunned because there was no denying that sign I saw in the photo.

We won&#39;t get any further with the picture issues. You already read my commentary there, and I&#39;m sticking to it.

So, you judge your veracity based on a real-life experience with meeting him. Hmmmm. Okay. [Insert shrug here.]

But, riddle me this, Scotti. And you too, Ash -- listen up. This certainly isn&#39;t just an issue about some pubic hairs.

Since I&#39;ve been to Tulane, I thought I could look the guy up. I know Tulane, like other colleges and universities, keep their alumni records somewhat accessible to the public, especially to other Tulane students, because of the potential for networking opportunities and renewing social contact. He wasn&#39;t listed. "Oh," you&#39;ll counter, "but you can always be removed from those lists or decline contact in some other way." Of course. Hell, I&#39;ve been tempted to do that to Transy because I feel bad about not being to donate to their annual fund. In any case, Google, leader of World Wide Web searches couldn&#39;t find him either. And that goes for this permutation of his name and this one, too.

To quote a friend of mine who remarked under confidentiality (May 27, 2005), "...anyone other than an undergrad wallflower on a campus should turn up that way." Heck, I was pretty much that guy for the first couple of years I was at Transy. But, like I said, you can put my name and school into Google and it generates a couple of matches. Or you can try Dee and pull some more recent involvements at the University of Kentucky.

But, hey... let&#39;s dig a little deeper.

Jena High School -- Jena, Louisiana. Population: entirely too small, right? Another poster referred me to this site and asked me to take a look at the English faculty. His name doesn&#39;t show up. Oh, shit.

And "Oh," you&#39;ll probably counter, "this seems like a podunk enough school. Surely they wouldn&#39;t keep their online information up to date." Well, God bless Firefox for enabling a right-click View Page Info selection that clearly displays the last time the page had been made current on the Internet.

This is what popped up on the Jena HS site. The site was tweaked roughly ten days ago. I understand that DMW has been teaching there for quite some time, yet he doesn&#39;t show up. Hmmm. Oh... and for the curious, here&#39;s what comes up if you Page Info my blog. See the date and time listed? It registers about an hour after I posted that last entry -- in this case, that online brain quiz featured here.

And Jacinto isn&#39;t listed at the county school either. And for that matter, how can he coach a nonexistent wrestling team? Neither Jena nor LaSalle make mention of one.

So, ultimately, this isn&#39;t just a side issue with some errant pube coloring in a photograph. Hardly the case. Even if he could dignify a reasonable comeback, the man is just a portal of unanswered questions and contradictions and things that simply don&#39;t add up about him as a whole. The question is not why... and the answer is already pretty simple. If you like someone that much, you&#39;re willing to be taken in by their charm even to the point of overlooking all flaws. In this case, we&#39;re taking flaws of logic and consistency.

In conclusion, I offer two things.

One: If I have to be referred to as an Alice in Wonderland character, then I suggest that you stick with the seven of Spades or something like that. And really, I would expect something more witty than a pun on my nickname.

And two: I&#39;ll be more than happy to share the bibliographies of any one of my papers -- probably my sociology ones since gender, race, culture, and dick kinda all wrap up together in some sort of puff pastry. APA format is a biznatch, but I&#39;ll live.

But really, I don&#39;t get off on being smart. I like pitching in stuff that, at the very least, helps me make sense of what&#39;s going on here. Anything to keep a conversation going. Now, when I start throwing in elements of Heraclitean metaphysics or the Prologomena or Irigaray, please, oh please&#33; throw a cold wet rag on my head.

And here&#39;s a third:

Yes, I&#39;ll admit it. This is fun for me. I&#39;m getting a kick out of this because, yes, ladies and gentleman, I&#39;m okay with the part of me that wants to be a bastard sometimes. Call me an asshole if you want, but I&#39;ve already beat you to the punch. But as much as you want to pin it all on me... blame me for stirring up this nonsense in the first place... there were people before me, at the same time as me, and after me that have asked themselves the very same questions about this guy.

I think it hurts really because, for all intents and purposes, Jacinto&#39;s a cool mother fucker and people like him. And you would never want, never expect someone who seems so cool, so put together, hot and sexy to boot to be surrounded by all this mystery, all these questions... these things that don&#39;t make sense. At the end of the day, you&#39;ll have to make a decision as to whether or not these inconsistencies can be overlooked or accepted. And even if I were unbiased enough to help you make that decision, I wouldn&#39;t offer to help anyway because that&#39;s something that you, yourselves, have to consider.

Jacinto. If you really are that 73-year-old librarian, let me like you for your gray hairs, your wrinkles, your sagging cleavage, and for your wealth of knowledge about what fuckin&#39; was like way back when. You&#39;re such an awesome package rolled up into one -- or at least you can be, you can truly be. I don&#39;t think you have to be anything you&#39;re not in order to get people to like you, and it took too many fuckin&#39; years to get to this point.

As for me, no matter how grated I get about being part of this community, I have to recognize that it has done wonders for me. It&#39;s not just about showing some dick or some spooge. I feel that some people on here really like what I&#39;m all about, and -- skinny as I wanna be -- I don&#39;t have to do ANYTHING but just be me and be here and be liked. And I&#39;ll tell you what, folks. If you like me, you&#39;ve got to like ALL of me -- the good guy and the private investigator asshole Dee all in one. :D

That&#39;s my time, folks.

TripodMillenium: A point I liked about your post, and which I was trying to communicate before, Dee...

The if-you-really-are-that-aged-librarian-from-jersey-let-us-love-you-for-that-since-it&#39;s-real part.... There&#39;s that positive approach I was speaking of&#33;

However, I will agree to dissagree on coming to a conclusion based on a lack of structure instead of a presence of irrefutible fact to the contrary of the person&#39;s self-representation. I&#39;m especially stepping back in that because I&#39;m far less of a decisive person than you, and I know not which way is correct. That is, if there even is such a thing as a one correct way, instead of a balance of all the ways that exist. But that&#39;s jumping out into the philosophy field -- I&#39;m happy to picnic there with people, but I don&#39;t have the time ATM and I am not in a thread for furthur thought on such a subject.

Now, on the more general principal that this is here about... It does bewilder me that someone would ever walk about under an assumed false identity where the truth is supposed to be the atmosphere. I do understand the difficulty being thrilled-as-can-be with things as they are -- bad habits of society are hard to break. But, this is why we have online communities such as this that are not about facts, but about FANTASY... ((shall I give people links to some good ones?))

Yes, there are places out there where you can go where the POINT is to be someone else, so you can escape and get it out of your system. I belong to many such places. Places where people expect a figmental character based off your wants, so you really aren&#39;t lying.

Hell... I have many sides in such places... I play, for example, a demon -- one with energy through the roof, an impulsive and irresponsible nature, and a libido through the roof. This allows me to relax, let loose, make a public ass of myself without fear, flirt up an absolutely shameless and cheeky storm, do everything without shame, and be so silly that I have people rolling in the isles and relaxing just by association with this outrageous character. No one is hurt, no one is mislead into believing what they see there is what&#39;s sitting on the other side of the Web, and heck -- it&#39;s actually GOOD instead because it helps me express parts of my personality that I have trouble not just repressing on habit ((see? I get to pretend I know how to loosen up and relax. :p )), all while giving people fits of the giggles&#33;

So, before people forget what I&#39;m getting at here... Just remember: there&#39;s no real reason to try to escape reality in what is supposed to be a real, serious, and truthful place -- since there are places that actually exist with the purpose of giving yourself a vacation from reality.

My appologies for being longwinded, and I do hope I didn&#39;t ramble too terribly.

Really trying with the real, A.D.D. addled, me,

Daniel -- a.k.a. TripodMillenium

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I&#39;ve built an online personal patio of flagstones which are beautiful in their accuracy yet slighty off-center enough to guarantee my privacy IRL.

Not to say I&#39;m a liar by any means. I am what I am, internet or not. Pecker is real, always has been - his empathy for others is real, always will be - his expressions of his life are true - wouldn&#39;t have it any other way.

So the Pecker you know here is Pecker, indeed, yet one flagstone is enough out of kilter to give me the privacy I&#39;m comfortable with.

And my pubes, white-haired balls notwithstanding, do change shades in the light.