Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I had two former posters send me flowers for my birthday a couple years ago, finding my address through Google, knowing my first name and what I did for a job. Plugging those basic pieces of information in, they were able to pull up work address at the funeral home. BEFORE anyone starts to think that they were tollish stalkers, these were people that I was in contact with via email or instant messenger with, and the occasional phone call. They didn't know my home address or my last name, but they knew enough basic information about me to find me on the web. I thought it was kind of funny (and sweet) when I got the flowers, because they were sent from one of the originators of the "Woman's Auxillary" here. (Naughty will know to whom I refer)

If I wasn't who I said I was, they wouldn't have been able to find me, but there are articles about me on the web, links to where I work, advertisements for recitals I have played, advertisements for recitals I am going to play, etc.
Anyone who says that they are who they are has information about them on the web--even if it's the Honor Roll on their High School website. I would buy that as being legit proof that the person says who they are. If I can find a link to a blog that has some self pics (G rated) or a personal webpage, that cements things.
When a school faculty member doesn't show up on the school's webpage, after he has made a point several times about what town he lives in, that makes me wonder. I also find it odd that he has stated that he coached wrestling, but I did not find see wrestling as a sport listed on the school's page. In fact, the English department only has one male teacher and he's definitely not Cuban. Things just don't add up.

Be real and don't be ashamed of who/what you are. There is nothing wrong with not being what you say you are. If you are a 75 year old nun from a convent in Chicago, that's ok, but don't play yourself off as a 21 year old fratboy hottie who can't get enough strange. If you are a 19 year old with a 5.75" penis, don't feel the need to come in here and boast about your 12.5x9" meatpole. We don't care if you're not perfect, none of us are--we all have our flaws, just be genuine. That's all anyone wants. If people have to be called out for it, well, it's going to happen. People will exaggerate some, of course, but don't make it out to be something that you'll never be or can't be. We'll accept you for who you are.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ok, the prosecution rests.

Would the defence care to offer their summation??

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't know DMW well enough, or know about him, to really comment on that specific issue. however...

Originally posted by prepstudinsc@May 28 2005, 12:40 PM
Anyone who says that they are who they are has information about them on the web--even if it's the Honor Roll on their High School website.
[post=315533]Quoted post[/post]​
... I do think that's an overgeneralization.

if I put "al derby" into google, all I get is a bunch of spanish horse-racing sites. I have to click through 12+ pages of results to find anything about me*. :( also, bear in mind that not all of us attended high school or have ever held a salaried job. and I don't even make any particular effort to keep my personal details secret online - remember that a lot of people DO.

* okay, fuck knows there are enough old photos of me from my "actor/model" days floating around the web - a couple of you have already turned some of THOSE up - but of course, they don't got my NAME on them. the only way you'd know they were al derby is if you'd already seen my face (or my ... whatever).

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I agree too. The charade some people play on here only lasts a few moments. After that they are back in real life, as themselves. They need to be happy with that because you are yourself for a lifetime, fantasy games dont last too long. And we're all beautiful people right ;)

I like the title 'The Reality Police' hehe.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Knight@May 28 2005, 11:30 AM
And we're all beautiful people right ;)

I like the title 'The Reality Police' hehe.
[post=315590]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, we are beautiful people...everyone just needs to realize that beauty is more than just what's on the outside. A person's brain is just as attractive as a sexy pair of legs or a beautiful smile or a gorgeous face or a worked out body.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep some personal facts secret on the board--last name, address, employer--that is just good netiquette, but generally when people comunicate off the board, those facts are revealed. I had a stalker chick who found out all kinds of wierd information about me, and I kept a lot of things secret on here, except through private communication with friends.
If someone had asked me anything, I would have told them anything they wanted to know, but just not publically. However, a simple search of the net for some basic information about me reveals a lot. I choose not to reveal a lot on the board
but one can find out anything about IF they do a Google search. I am who I am.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well.
Wow.
I'm staying out of the details of this, but I will say:

I have known for a long time that some of my internet chums
do not "add up".

I have always taken a step back from my bewilderment, and thought,
hey...if i enjoy our chats, and enjoy seeing them on the board.....I just
wont be so disappointed
that the details might be a bit different.

That being said, I have found, talking to members by phone, or
even meeting in person, that most are exactly as they describe/post.
That is a pretty good record.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.......

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Knight@May 28 2005, 11:30 AM
And we're all beautiful people right ;)
That's a bit of an unfair generalization too, Knight, because we're not all technically people.

I suppose that now is as good a time as any. In the interest of full disclosure, I've decided to come clean.

I'm not, in actuality, a big 36-year-old male faculty member at a local college. I'm actually a tiny, male pygmy marmoset at the San Diego Zoo.

Yes, the avatar pic is truly me. *sigh*

I'm sorry about misleading you all for so long, but I wasn't sure how much I would be accepted among members of another species. If it helps, I am a rather well-hung pygmy marmoset, so my membership isn't completely inappropriate.

I tried to find the love and support I need at the Spikey Hair Support Group (SHSP.org) website, but they just couldn't overlook my genetic makeup and grow to accept me for the tiny, nervous mammal that I am.

I throw myself on the mercies of the LPSG and ask for forgiveness of my deceit. I know I don't deserve it, but I hope that you all will be able to move past this and hear my voice as a peer, not just as a small, New World monkey. I promise not to fling my feces around the forums.

(Too soon to be irreverent? Don't we all need a chance to laugh it up a bit? Anyone else want to join in on the fun?)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Steve,

I am so proud of for telling the truth! Let's all give Steve a big hug for coming clean. (heh watch the claws ,buddy! )Though this is a great joke, there is some truth in it. I can not say what baggage each of us brings to the board, but we should while we are here be honest with one another. In reality without meeting face to face or touching one really does not know the truth. Even then we could chose to believe none of what we hear and only a fraction of what we see, but what is that saying about us? This is supposed to be a support group.In many ways I can see that actually happening in other ways I am ashamed. WE should try to be truthful about the things that count. Whenever there is potential for others to be hurt or misled this is a problem. I can not tell you the number of emails I get from members who have been very hurt by those who have gained their trust then turned on them or it was disclosed that they were not who they appeared to be. This is especially damaging to some of our younger members who are impressionable and sometimes more easily influenced. Just my .02 worth.

Naughty K.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's a lot that people can find out about others if they know what they're looking for. I'm amazed at Dee's determination, but amused by his lack of detective skills. The information he was seeking exists, but he really doesn't know some salient details. With eight additional pieces of information, my life story could open like the vulva of a mare in oestrus. Some of those details are so obvious that Dee should've thought of them. Some others are things that Dee couldn't be expected to figure out. That's no slam on Dee; he lives in Kentucky where he doesn't have a lot experience with Spanish surnames. He has revealed in another post that he doesn't know how Spanish surnames work. I can envision lightbulbs over the heads of some LPSG members in Southern California, Spain, South Texas, Florida and Latin America as they say, ¡Sí, claro! ¡El apellido materno! The problem is that immigration services and the IRS don't always know how to handle that Hispanic peculiarity either, as any Latino who has lived any length of time in the US can attest. But that's just one of those pieces of information that could've helped Dee. Could I clear up at least some things? Probably.

However...

Dee, you are the man who told me
You can tuck your tail between your legs and sneak off like a whining bitch. Hell, it's no skin off my nose.
(Yes, I still have that e-mail.) Do I really want to help someone who respects me that little investigate my identity? Why would I? You don't like me; never have; never will. You could have all my scholastic and professional credentials before you and still find a reason to rag on me: that's your joy. In fact, if I did point you in the right direction, you would find out a lot more than I'm comfortable with. Rest assured, even if you found everything about me that would verify who I am, you wouldn't find nude pictures to help verify the colour of my pubic hair.

Pecker was very right when he said, "I've built an online personal patio of flagstones which are beautiful in their accuracy yet slighty off-center enough to guarantee my privacy IRL." I have been stalked. I have no desire to post details that will lead anyone to my doorstep that I don't want there. I've done that shit before, and have no desire to repeat it. What I have revealed and what I have withheld was done with that in mind. Am I a 73 year-old Jewish female librarian from New Jersey? No, I'm not. Am I a 26 year-old Cuban immigrant with a MA in English lit who teaches high school? Yes, I am. Is it my responsibility to prove that? I believe it's the prosecution that bears the burden of proof, and all I have seen has been circumstantial evidence.

Still, people are going to believe what they want to believe, and, as I've already said, I'm fine with that. If it means that some of my longtime chat friends decide, "DMW can fuck off because Dee says so," that's their prerogative. I'll miss them, but it's their choice. I'll continue to post because I'll continue to have opinions and worthwhile things to say. I'll chat with those who enjoy chatting with me. I wasn't looking to divide friends that Dee and I have in common into opposing camps, and I hope that hasn't happened. Judging from the PM's I've received, I still have friends on this board.

If I had only known what posting a few pictures would lead to.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
This whole thing seems kinda silly. Jacinto's pubic hair? Well, simply put, I always know a wannabe Indian by their Clairol black hair. What I mean is, hair lightens in the sun, and most Indians spend a good deal of time in the sun, so we tend to get a shade of brown.

Since Jacinto spends a lot of time sunbathing and swimming nude, the same rule applies.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jonb+May 28 2005, 12:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; May 28 2005, 12:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>This whole thing seems kinda silly. Jacinto&#39;s pubic hair? Well, simply put, I always know a wannabe Indian by their Clairol black hair. What I mean is, hair lightens in the sun, and most Indians spend a good deal of time in the sun, so we tend to get a shade of brown.

Since Jacinto spends a lot of time sunbathing and swimming nude, the same rule applies.
[/b]

Vs.

<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@May 25 2005, 01:52 PM
Nice . . . The hair color&#39;s weird, though; most guys I&#39;ve seen naked have pubic hair at least as dark as the hair on their head.
[/quote]

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, that was mostly because I haven&#39;t seen many people who spent as much time sunbathing as Jacinto.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have often wondered if there are some high profile celeb type people who are on here, who choose to alter their details.
They would have to, so as to protect their privacy.

Actually, i like thinking that Ewan MacGregor is visiting our site,
posing as OBIWANCOCKNOBI or JEDIMASTER-BATER.
;)

I suppose I demand a clearer picture more from my face to face friends,
and I&#39;m jaded enough to expect some hazy views on the internet.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I never knew google could be so resourceful. After a brief search with my first and last name, and Nebraska, I found out that I&#39;m a high school teacher, Purdue football player, author, mayor, and an engineering intern. I&#39;ll let you figure out which is true from that list. And actually when I did the search, the correct answer came up first.

Anyway, I do like to think that those I know from this site are who they say they are. I have portrayed myself for who I really am here, and I expect the same from everyone else. While I can understand if DMW doesn&#39;t portray himself exactly, I do respect him for who he is. He is a poster that respects others, and has treated me well when we have traded PM&#39;s before. I would be lying, however, if I said that I didn&#39;t want to know what really is true and what isn&#39;t true about him. Yet, what each of us reveals about ourselves is a choice.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion@May 28 2005, 03:33 PM
I never knew google could be so resourceful. After a brief search with my first and last name, and Nebraska, I found out that I&#39;m a high school teacher, Purdue football player, author, mayor, and an engineering intern. I&#39;ll let you figure out which is true from that list. And actually when I did the search, the correct answer came up first.

Anyway, I do like to think that those I know from this site are who they say they are. I have portrayed myself for who I really am here, and I expect the same from everyone else. While I can understand if DMW doesn&#39;t portray himself exactly, I do respect him for who he is. He is a poster that respects others, and has treated me well when we have traded PM&#39;s before. I would be lying, however, if I said that I didn&#39;t want to know what really is true and what isn&#39;t true about him. Yet, what each of us reveals about ourselves is a choice.
[post=315706]Quoted post[/post]​

Well said Altairion.
I also did a similar search for myself. I got lucky with one of them and found my entry on the deans list for spring semester. Aside from that, I apparently don&#39;t exist. So apparently I&#39;m a slightly intelligent figment of your imagination.
*snort*

hung_big:
Originally posted by ashlar+May 28 2005, 04:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; May 28 2005, 04:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altairion@May 28 2005, 03:33 PM

[post=315706]Quoted post[/post]​

Well said Altairion.
I also did a similar search for myself. I got lucky with one of them and found my entry on the deans list for spring semester. Aside from that, I apparently don&#39;t exist. So apparently I&#39;m a slightly intelligent figment of your imagination.
*snort*
[post=315710]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Don&#39;t forget cute and sexy :9

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper

Next time you go to Google, type in your first name, then "is," (e.g. "Dee is...") and check the results that come up. I&#39;ve been everything from "a really deep person" to a Japanese Internet service provider. Go figure.

To clarify for others who might the wrong impression, if I talk to you here or offline, my feelings for your friendship aren&#39;t going to change whether you&#39;re in "my camp" or "his camp." That&#39;s just forty-seven different kinds of stupid for me to turn all second grade and dislike someone for liking someone else. (&#39;Cept George W. Bush -- ok, maybe then. Sorry, Pecker. J/K.)

Besides, we just don&#39;t like each other -- that ain&#39;t news to nobody. I&#39;ve said my peace, and after this post, I&#39;m going to back to that whole bygones-be-bygones thing. He&#39;ll do his thing and I&#39;ll do mine until someone steps on the other person&#39;s toes again. Big whoooo.

(I hope some part of all this mess is entertaining.)

Anyway, thanks, DB03 and to Steve319 as well for injecting a little humor into an otherwise heated situation. And you know, let me share a thank you to some of the members on here who were able to overlook the controversy itself and to voice how important it is, how good it feels to be genuine and to make genuine shows of goodwill and companionship on here. THAT gives this fight a little more meaning and it&#39;s a site for weary patience, for damn sure.

Big shout-outs to Prep, Rick, Freddie (some real wisdom evident in what you wrote), DB, Lex, Naughty and others for feeling that groove. I think your guys&#39; (and gals&#39;) words said it better than I could have hoped, and feelings like that and people are you keep me coming back here and staying up late talking with you guys on my cell phone.

[Case dismissed.]

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by naughty@May 28 2005, 02:18 PM
I am so proud of for telling the truth&#33; Let&#39;s all give Steve a big hug for coming clean. (heh watch the claws ,buddy&#33; )
Sorry. No hugs. Small, nervous mammal here, remember?

*bares teeth and screams*