The Reality Police

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mindeye's points are well-taken. Had I the chance to do things over, I would've done them differently and left the new location of my residence and job a blank. It would've sufficed just to say that I was going to work in a small town in central Louisiana. Heath, you are right. Giving a false name, especially the name of a town that actually exists, was misleading, and I apologise for that.

Now, prepstud ... wake up! I've already come clean that it wasn't Jena that I lived and worked in, yet you still go on about my not being listed among the faculty there. I did not work there, so I would not be listed there ... DUH! So let me repeat: I did not live in Jena, Louisiana. I did not teach at Jena High School. I did not even live in LaSalle Parish (for those who don't know, Louisiana has parishes instead of counties). I lived and worked in another town and parish completely. I know Starla Clark and Cindy Maxwell, but they are not my coworkers. In fact, I know most of the faculty members from the area schools. From now on, I will follow Heath's advice. If I return to teaching next fall, and I probably will, I will simply say 'somewhere in Louisiana' and leave it at that. I'm sorry if anyone feels that I betrayed his or her trust; that was not my intention. I respect the opinion of the members here, and if anyone wants to avoid communication with me, I understand. I cannot undo what I've already done.

One more thing:
Originally posted by prepstudinsc
The inconsistencies are what have driven many people to look into this whole thing.
Unless there was a lot going on in PM's and phone chats, you and Dee do not add up to "many people". Be that as it may, you were 'looking into this whole thing' without all the information needed to find out anything about me. This was all brought about because Dee was suspicious of the colour of my pubic hair! I was wrong in providing misleading evidence, but the reason that Dee gave for launching a 'full-scale investigation' is just ludicrous: "Oh, no! his pubic hair is a different colour from what I expected based on his avatar. Let's track him down and look into his personal life and brand him a liar!" Nice tactics for someone who is part of the Support Team here. The fact is, you found no evidence, yet you still wish to condemn me. (EDIT: Newsflash ... at least two members here have dug a little deeper and found out a few personal things I really didn't want anyone here to know, so obviously the information is out there!))

Rest assured, I'm not losing a minute of sleep over the whole affair.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
You know what, DMW? I had a full day off from this thread and I was ready to give it up, but you gotta start with the jokes and the stupidity...

For the record, I'm not at liberty to discuss the private messages and Yahoo instant messages and e-mails received pertaining to the inconsistency that is you, dude. It wasn't a "ton" or a "bunch" or a "plethora," but enough people to merit concern. I'm not going to rat them out because that is neither fair nor considerate. And before you micro-quote that passage, the acquaintanceship that I have estabished with these people prior to this blowup is impetus enough to protect them. That's what I do for friends. They can speak up if they want, but I'm making that their choice.

Anyway, I'm going to nickname you "Glossie" because you just keep on glossing over what's really going on. You're still stuck on pubic hair color while you haven't even conveyed your recognition that this dispute ain't nothin' new, man.

The most truth I got referred to a "Tweedledee" (which wasn't even remotely funny) and "all these" alleged pro-DMW "messages." Maybe I'm not the one to detect your sincerity. Then again, it might help to read some passages that actually convey regret for contributing to some online flamewarring (not causing, mind you -- I did that). Or even better, showing recognition that ou deliberately gave erroneous personal details about your life for the purposes of hiding your real identity.

You deserve an award and a half for spinnin' some tall tales, babe.

But enough about our squabbles. Let's tie this shit back to something Heath said earlier that makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

Heeding his sound and solid advice, if you had that strong of reservation about posting personal details of your own life, then you shouldn't have even started forking over details in the first place. When you start forking over details about your life, you're forking over invitations to let people know a deeper, personal side of you. And if that identity ever comes into question, you only have yourself to blame for falsifying the facts -- not the people who just wanted to get a little closer to you.

Regretfully, there are probably too many personal details about my own life floating around on the Internet, but that's fine because I don't lose sleep over them. I chose to give that information willingly at some point and I don't begrudge people who want to make use of it, good or bad. I'm ultimately the one responsible for putting it out there in the first place.

And if I recall, perjury makes you as guilty in the eyes of the law as it does in the hearts of people that you form a bond with.

This whole Jena, Louisiana, teaching, wrestling coach, Pete's my student thing just wasn't a bright move on your part. You didn't teach there, but you know those ladies. You don't coach there, but you tried to start a team and the funding was short. The pubes are usually black, but I sunbathe nude every fuckin' day of summer so they turn that delicious honey auburn shade. Dude, give it a rest; you're just backpedalling faster and faster and you're eventually gonna topple off your damn Big Wheel if you keep it up.

As I told this really nice lady that sees me for counseling, it sounds crazy as fuck, but there's not a damn thing wrong with being really hesitant and careful about letting people into your life. It certainly isn't a Pollyanna thing to do but it's fuckin' smart as all get out, even if it makes you seem antisocial or a bitch or whatnot. Why? You can't be too careful trusting people. I don't know about her, but I don't throw things like trust and honesty around lightly, and I certainly want to be careful to whom I'm giving the privilege of getting to know me and my personal details. Like I said, the real deal is for good friends.

So long as you learn from it, then the mistake is worth making and that's cool with me. You sound like you're going to careful from now on, and that works for me. Right.

So, if you're not losing sleep over this, then I don't intend to spend any more of my waking time answering to this. Cease-fire on. And as far as I'm concerned, it'd be really nice if this were the last word on the matter. If you want to exchange insults, let's do it in PMs, shall we?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 30 2005, 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 30 2005, 01:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mindeye&#39;s points are well-taken. Had I the chance to do things over, I would&#39;ve done them differently and left the new location of my residence and job a blank. It would&#39;ve sufficed just to say that I was going to work in a small town in central Louisiana. Heath, you are right. Giving a false name, especially the name of a town that actually exists, was misleading, and I apologise for that.

Now, prepstud ... wake up&#33; I&#39;ve already come clean that it wasn&#39;t Jena that I lived and worked in, yet you still go on about my not being listed among the faculty there. I did not work there, so I would not be listed there ... DUH&#33; So let me repeat: I did not live in Jena, Louisiana. I did not teach at Jena High School. I did not even live in LaSalle Parish (for those who don&#39;t know, Louisiana has parishes instead of counties). I lived and worked in another town and parish completely. I know Starla Clark and Cindy Maxwell, but they are not my coworkers. In fact, I know most of the faculty members from the area schools. From now on, I will follow Heath&#39;s advice. If I return to teaching next fall, and I probably will, I will simply say &#39;somewhere in Louisiana&#39; and leave it at that. I&#39;m sorry if anyone feels that I betrayed his or her trust; that was not my intention. I respect the opinion of the members here, and if anyone wants to avoid communication with me, I understand. I cannot undo what I&#39;ve already done.

One more thing:
<!--QuoteBegin-prepstudinsc

The inconsistencies are what have driven many people to look into this whole thing.
Unless there was a lot going on in PM&#39;s and phone chats, you and Dee do not add up to "many people". Be that as it may, you were &#39;looking into this whole thing&#39; without all the information needed to find out anything about me. This was all brought about because Dee was suspicious of the colour of my pubic hair&#33; I was wrong in providing misleading evidence, but the reason that Dee gave for launching a &#39;full-scale investigation&#39; is just ludicrous: "Oh, no&#33; his pubic hair is a different colour from what I expected based on his avatar. Let&#39;s track him down and look into his personal life and brand him a liar&#33;" Nice tactics for someone who is part of the Support Team here. The fact is, you found no evidence, yet you still wish to condemn me. (EDIT: Newsflash ... at least two members here have dug a little deeper and found out a few personal things I really didn&#39;t want anyone here to know, so obviously the information is out there&#33;))

Rest assured, I&#39;m not losing a minute of sleep over the whole affair.
[post=316154]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Let me address a couple of things here. As Dee said, he wasn&#39;t at liberty to divulge personal PMs or phone calls, and I feel the same way. I can&#39;t count the pesonal messages I&#39;ve gotten or the phone calls that have revealed other people who had been doing digging to find out more information. What surprised me is that it has been going on for the past few years. People have doubted you since you posted your naked avatar that supposedly ran in some gay magazine because every picture we&#39;ve seen of you has had a different face. Your Karate Kid bandana photo that is currently up doesn&#39;t look remotely like your last weight lifting avatar with the little red tank top. It didn&#39;t look anything like the person that was in the picture before. That is why people have been suspicious before. It&#39;s not just Dee and myself. I&#39;m not going to name names, but suffice to say it&#39;s some others that you&#39;d be surprised to know about because I thought they were supporters of you on here.

As to your location, well, considering that Pony Pete listed Jena, LA as his location you said that you were going to teach there there at Jena High School, and in one post, you said that you attended St. Mary&#39;s Catholic Church, whichthere happens to be one in Jena, LA, most people would take it to be that you probably did live in the Jena area.

For your own protection, I&#39;d be more cautious about listing personal details as a teacher.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks so much to this post and to the one from dbO3 in which a request for fuller profiles was requested. Pardon me while I wipe the sarcastic smirk off my face. This entire thread has been filled with so much animosity that it has completely soured me to this board and leaves me just within a fraction of an inch of walking away completely (no great loss I know).
As I indicated to dbO3 in the other section I am who I am and it is up to me to decide whether or not I wish to be honest about it. (Of course my profile now lacks a listing of my sexuality, my location or religious affiliations.)
Clearly there are those who have one and only one mission here and that appears to be to discredit anybody and everybody. If that is how people get their enjoyment then fine. Go for it&#33; Sift through my postings find anything and everything which makes you then question who I am and even my existance. While you are at it, sift throught your own posts and see the places where you could be challenged and questioned. It will never end once it has begun and in the long run all that will happen is that LPSG as a place to meet and discuss various issues will end up ceasing to exist. Is that what all of you really want?

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Early apologies to all. As I just indicated to Prepstud in the Help Desk dbO3 thread, I&#39;m not thinking too clearly today. My general feeling stands; but, I am aware that I am far too irritable to day and had better not post anything else for the day.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I answered your post in the other thread, but I&#39;ll address it here, too, Onslow. No one questioned you because you haven&#39;t given anybody cause to do so. There are only a few people who have questionable character on here. Most of the fakers go away after a few weeks--teenagers with 20" penes, people whose penis has started growing again at age 45, etc. They come, make a few stupid posts, and go away again. Then there are the board disrupters, like the Pirates, who make us laugh, then go on their merry way. No big deal, they irritate people, but don&#39;t do any real harm because we can see through the charade.

The long term fakers are what the problem is here. You have told your life story several times, it hasn&#39;t changed. In fact, you&#39;ve given more detail, but it&#39;s always consistant. People like you NEED to stay here. Your story could, in fact, help someone struggling with some of the same kinds of addictions you&#39;ve dealt with. Just because this is a large penis group doesn&#39;t mean that other problems can&#39;t be addressed.

Don&#39;t feel like you will be questioned because nothing you have said has given any cause to be. You choose not to reveal some of your personal information--that is perfectly fine. It&#39;s when information is given out that is clearly a lie or a half truth or contradicts itself that people start to wonder. If we don&#39;t have all the information to begin with, no one bothers. When things don&#39;t add up from the beginning, that&#39;s when people start talking off the board. You&#39;ve never come off like a popmpous know it all, responding to every post like an encyclopedia, even when you didn&#39;t have all the facts straight.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Onslow@May 30 2005, 08:48 AM
Clearly there are those who have one and only one mission here and that appears to be to discredit anybody and everybody.
[post=316205]Quoted post[/post]​

Hate to break it to you, Onslow, but real life is like that, too. So far, no one&#39;s found a correlation between large penises and gracious behavior. Considering that we include among our numbers every sort of nationality, personality, spirituality, and any-other-ality, you should expect a little muddy conflict on here from time to time. If you&#39;re ready to leave over this, you&#39;re in for a world of shattered expectations later on.

I hope you&#39;ll find a constructive way to weather this thread. (But if not, hey, I won&#39;t complain about one less Republican on here&#33; ;) )

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I&#39;d personally rather this not become some sort of civil war on the board.

I have a friend on this board who was not all that he appeared at first. He lied to me (and others) about his age. I cammed with him numerous times and after months of IMing, flriting and blowing loads for each other,-- we both felt comfortable showing each other our faces. Before he did, he confessed to me that he was, in fact, much older than he had led me to believe. Why?

Because in all his other experineces, people shunned him when they discovered his age. I am not that type of person (and I&#39;m here for friendship not dating), so after discussing it--we both moved on. The really cool thing about knowing his true age now is that I can appreciate his experiences and personal story even more because he has a wealth of experiences that I have yet to encounter.

All that being said--If DMW is not who he says he is? So be it. I&#39;m still cool with it. In fact, i feel like I canbe cool with DMW, DB, and prep all at the same time. Personally--I am more annoyed by the people who feel the need to micro-correct everyone&#39;s posts all the time or chime in with the infinite minutia readily available thanks to Google. I mean, I&#39;m an anal bastard, but c&#39;mon.

Now, can we get back to the sweaty fleshpile?

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Lex@May 30 2005, 11:57 AM

All that being said--If DMW is not who he says he is? So be it. I&#39;m still cool with it. In fact, i feel like I canbe cool with DMW, DB, and prep all at the same time. Personally--I am more annoyed by the people who feel the need to micro-correct everyone&#39;s posts all the time or chime in with the infinite minutia readily available thanks to Google. I mean, I&#39;m an anal bastard, but c&#39;mon.

Now, can we get back to the sweaty fleshpile?
[post=316247]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed.
Did someone say the magic word?

*sits on lex&#39;s face*

I SAID LICK&#33;&#33;

heh heh heh

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am completely willing to cease fire except one one point:

Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@May 30 2005, 08:22 AM
Then again, it might help to read some passages that actually convey regret for contributing to some online flamewarring (not causing, mind you -- I did that). Or even better, showing recognition that ou deliberately gave erroneous personal details about your life for the purposes of hiding your real identity.

Read post #83. I showed recognition that I deliberately gave some erroneous personal details about my life. I acknowledged that I was wrong for that and apologised for it. That&#39;s more than you&#39;ve ever done on the board anytime you&#39;ve been wrong.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Originally posted by Onslow+May 30 2005, 08:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Onslow &#064; May 30 2005, 08:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Early apologies to all. As I just indicated to Prepstud in the Help Desk dbO3 thread, I&#39;m not thinking too clearly today. My general feeling stands; but, I am aware that I am far too irritable to day and had better not post anything else for the day.
[post=316209]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Hey man, no worries. You&#39;re entitled to your irritability; hell, I&#39;m irritable and I played prosecutor, and I think I&#39;m more upset with people assuming that I&#39;m gonna don a black pointy hat and a broom and start witch-hunting. Last thing I need on my conscience is undue paranoia. Like I said, I just wanted some answers and I wanted to protect other people who were all getting hurt in the process. And like you, my general feelings stand, but I&#39;m more than ready to get back to regular posting activity than to continue the War of Summer 2005.

<!--QuoteBegin-DoubleMeatWhopper

Read post #83. I showed recognition that I deliberately gave some erroneous personal details about my life. I acknowledged that I was wrong for that and apologised for it. That&#39;s more than you&#39;ve ever done on the board anytime you&#39;ve been wrong.[/quote]

Sorry, I caught more caught up in the backpedalling latter part of your entry that I missed your first part. So noted for record, council.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by mindseye@May 30 2005, 12:13 PM
So far, no one&#39;s found a correlation between large penises and gracious behavior.
Hey, does anyone else hear "dissertation topic" with this one?

*screams and bares teeth*

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by steve319+May 30 2005, 01:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve319 &#064; May 30 2005, 01:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindseye@May 30 2005, 12:13 PM
So far, no one&#39;s found a correlation between large penises and gracious behavior.
Hey, does anyone else hear "dissertation topic" with this one?

*screams and bares teeth*
[post=316274]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

*pets steve&#39;s little head*

Have you had all your shots?

B_HungSpermBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lots of hurt feelings. I understand that. But I have another story to tell you all. I was talking with a guy here on lpsg & he said he was planning a trip to NYC & wanted us to get together for dinner or something. I was a little bit scared but decided to do it just to see if he was as cool inperson as he was online. So he & his girlfriend came here & the 3 of us went out to dinner. I never felt so comfortable with 2 people. He is a very cool guy & she was so hot my tongue was hanging out of my mouth looking at her. To make this long story short, maybe it would be a good idea for people here to actually meet each other before they start friendships. That would help with all the misunderstanding.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by mindseye@May 30 2005, 08:13 AM
nationality, personality, spirituality, and any-other-ality
[post=316235]Quoted post[/post]​
What is this? Mortal Kombat?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Okay, about personal information, I&#39;d be careful. I&#39;ll tell two stories of people I know who were stalked online.

One guy had attracted a fundamentalist as a stalker. Said fundamentalist went as far as to put a personals ad for "traditional Apache polygamy" on a swingers&#39; board in his name. They just screwed up on one thing: His wife&#39;s Cuban, not Filipina.

Another guy I know, he lives in the South, and he found himself being stalked by another fundamentalist and s[cp]ammer. Several viruses and about a half-dozen death threats later, he moved to Toronto where the authorities actually do something aboot terrorism.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I really don’t see where this got started. My occupation is an equipment operator and has been for many years. (Though presently I am working in a different field.) I would not chose to name my employer, but if I should say that I was with Heidelburg, as an example I do not see why it would really matter to anybody that that was not the actual company. It does the same type of work as my previous employers. I may chose to use them as an example because I’ll be damned if I would give the real name. I can see where DMW used a school other than his- and based on the fact that people went looking for him it shows me that he was right to do so.

On a side note if I try to find any info on my family on the internet we appear to have ceased to exist when ****** was shot down and listed as missing over Africa in WWII. Prior to that some distant relatives apparently moved to Montana and expired in the early 1900’s. My Grandparents, parents and sibling (or being as I may be investigated in the future sibling(s)?) do not exist, nor have we ever existed. What I am trying to say is that just because google, yahoo, ask.com and others cannot find a person does not mean that they do not exist ( or at least, being as I am not listed I hope that is not what the lack of a return of information denotes.) Perhaps I am just a figment of the internets collective imagination. :evilgrin:

DMW certainly may be a retired female librarian, but I think that a few people may have caught on to the act when he did the interview on the radio. As for where this got started, I have not seen the pic’s and I am not about to go looking for them, so I will limit my comments to the avatar. On such a small pic I find it hard to believe that anybody could tell after accounting for a year’s worth of ageing and a different hair style if it is the same person. As far as I can tell, unless there is proof a little more concrete that what has been presented the thread would have been better left and not started.

Just my 2 cents.

*Steve- it does not appear that in your current incarnation you have any teeth to bear…* :D

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by dolf250@May 31 2005, 02:49 AM
I would not chose to name my employer, but if I should say that I was with Heidelburg, as an example I do not see why it would really matter to anybody that that was not the actual company. It does the same type of work as my previous employers. I may chose to use them as an example because I’ll be damned if I would give the real name. I can see where DMW used a school other than his- and based on the fact that people went looking for him it shows me that he was right to do so.

This is a point of contention for some of us. It&#39;s fine if you don&#39;t want to give out the name of your company, but don&#39;t give out a different name instead and pretend it&#39;s your company.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
*stares at the smouldering trainwreck of a thread in disbelief* :eek: