The "Referring Websites" Thread

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by galaxus, Jun 11, 2011.

1. galaxus

galaxus Member

Post in this thread if you want to tell us about an awesome, funny, useful, or important website.

You can also post in this thread if you're looking for a particular website about topic but can't find it for some reason.

***Please don't just post websites you don't have any experiences with. For example: If I ask, "Whats a good Stepfather Support group website?", please don't google 'stepfather support group' and refer the first hit/site you see without knowing anything about it. At least look at it long enough to provide a description/review in your post. It would be GREAT if you were involved in the referring website somehow.... but not mandatory***

2. galaxus

galaxus Member

Deviantart.com

Now a lot of you may know about this site already, but for those who don't, you really should check it out. It has a vast variety of art created by professional artists and amateurs. Digital art, traditional art, oils, paints, sketches, etc. It has it all.

You can even buy art on there. When I get some spare change, I'm hoping to buy a couple of pieces!

#2 galaxus, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  3. galaxus

galaxus Member

I also want to refer a site called Spill.com.

It's simple. Its just 4 film junkies who review movies. They're usually on their game too. If a movie is released Friday, most of the time they have the review for it out on that same day or the next day. Sometimes they get the reviews out a day or two earlier. They've have been doing this for the past 3 years I think.

They all have really unique personalities (sorry but no women). So unique that they create cartoon avatars of themselves lol. The reviews are funny and informative. Every week, I go to the site just to see what they'll say.

4. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    People probably know about this site already too, but whenever I need a really good laugh I go to:

www.damnyouautocorrect.com

IPhones and their autocorrect function leads to some unbelievable text screw-ups. If you haven't been there before, make sure you are not eating or drinking anything while you read, because at least one of the texts will cause food or drink to spew out your nose.

I strongly believe we all need one good belly laugh a day.

5. MickeyLee

Gold Member

Advanced Style

Mr. Bbucko posted this link a while back. i've been a daily visitor since.

a few favorites

click me

click me

#5 MickeyLee, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  6. galaxus

galaxus Member

Advance Style????? .... i guess..... it kinda seems useless to me. but hey, thats fine.

Damnyouautocorrect.com is pretty funny lol. nice.

Does anybody know any good Chat Roulette sites?

7. MickeyLee

Gold Member

*pets galaxus* value ain't married to utility. somethings have a quieter voice.

8. galaxus

galaxus Member

WSHH VideoTUBE|Urban Media

WSHH is a website that posts random videos aimed to please internet thugs and hoodrats. Its usually coonery and tom foolery on that site, but if there is video that just went viral or its going to go viral, this site will have it.

If you just remember that its low-brow, you'll be entertained.

9. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
  10. galaxus

galaxus Member

That SUPER&copy software is confusing..... :(

11. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I dunno, maybe everyone else in the world knew about this and I'm just late to the party, but tbh file conversion software is cuntish, and I needed to convert a lot of PDF into JPG recently and I discovered Zamzar - Free online file conversion where you can skip downloading shitty software and have any number of file types converted to other types for free. Just upload files, either from your hard drive or from a url and then your email address and Zamzar will send you the converted files.

I found it invaluable for my photo-blogging sideline.

12. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
  13. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I guess it can be at that because of all the possible settings. Don't know if the help files would make it better. But I don't fool with changing it up too much.

I've found that it plays just about any digital video file, including stuff that your regular media player calls "unreadable". I just drop the file into the box ("drop here") and click play. Another box (player options) brings up a dashboard that allows for adjusting the contrast, tint, etc.

Also you can convert the file to something your regular media player can play. I usually pick windows media video files (by selecting WMV in box 1 "output"). The other settings seem to automatically change on their own... so I don't mess with them.

This software can view or convert files that are stored in internet temp files after viewing a viddy clip. Some of the formats are alien (deliberately so) to the average media player. Using this allows you to view (and even keep) the ones you want.

14. watchwatcher7

watchwatcher7 Member

Paula Deen Riding Things
    If you don't laugh, well I don't know if we can be friends. Paula herself loves the website by the way!

Draft saved Draft deleted