the relationship with your current partners X's

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_N Flay Table, Jan 31, 2007.

1. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

Ok, this is something I have been thinking about.
    for those of you that are in relationships, longterm or otherwise.
    How many of you still are 'Friends' with your X's?
    how does your current partner feel about that?

also...
    If you current partner is friends with thier 'X's' how do you feel about that?

2. ruffboy

Gold Member

all depends, but mostly on your own comfort and faith in your relationship with your SO. are you confident you're doing everything you should be to maintain a great relationship, are you at all worried there are reasons they may not think that you're the schiznit? while x's may hold a slightly higher plane of existence, there are hundreds of people your SO could be attracted to for thousands of reasons, you have to come to accept some of those, you have to come to LOVE some of those as well because those things are what makes your SO special to you, the person that they are. but that takes a lot of self-confidence, hence, are you confident you are doing and being all you can be for them so you can lesson your worries about how they may feel about someone else.

that was kinda rambling, but hope a point made it through

3. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

I was just putting out there for everyone, my posts typically have NOTHING to do with me :)

4. ruffboy

Gold Member

it was the royal 'you' ;-)

5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I was just putting out there for everyone, my posts typically have NOTHING to do with me :)

i don't believe you <G>

6. londongirl

londongirl New Member

I generally waited around 10 years to be friends with them, if they dumped me and about 10 minutes if I dumped them. Such if the fickleness of women. I have recently got back in touch with my 'big love of my life' ex and was shocked by how much he'd aged. Naturally, I haven't aged a day in the intervening 10 years. I was rarely friends with a guy when I went out with him and so had nothing to fall back on. Easier not being friends. Shallow, but true.

7. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I try to end things well if I can. I find that I can date a girl for a while and I kinda get bored with it. Something about doing girlfriend-boyfriend stuff just takes the everyday joy out of hanging out and having fun? The jury's still out.

8. Love-it

Gold Member

Well my wife was married the second time we met, but she had pretty much decided to leave him because he was into drugs and drug running. He was in Costa Rica when she came back to the mountains where I worked. We decided to get married which necessitated a divorce on her part. He came up to to see her once before the divorce was final and tried to talk her into going back to Costa Rica with him, he said he was a changed man after seeing Jesus emerge from some mold on a wall, of course he was on psychedelic mushrooms at the time. We had a few reports on his doings but no contact since then, the last we heard was that he was apprehended growing marijuana in a warehouse in Southern California and I believe he was sentenced to 15-20 years, so who knows he might be out now?

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

LOL it all depends on what each of you call "SO" and "ex". I've known people that call a one-night-stand "my ex."

I have met a couple of my partner's exes, and they are pretty cool, we are still very close to one of them and his partner. I don't really have all that many ex-boyfriends, and broke up with most of those because they turned out to be very different from how they portrayed themselves during the initial few dates. Those flakes and psychos I have no desire whatsoever to stay in touch with.

Generally, if you choose good starting material, you can remain friends after the breakup. If you absolutely cannot tolerate the thought of your SO still being friends with an ex, that's when you really need to start asking yourself and your ex some deep, difficult questions. If the trust is not there, the relationship is not worth maintaining.

10. vegascutie

vegascutie New Member

usually stay friends, but my last one was a psycho with a small pee pee.

Draft saved Draft deleted