The Republican Attack on the Right to Vote

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The one and only issue I was addressing was voter registration.
And yet you have stated nothing of any value. You claim that the goal is to eliminate voter fraud even though no fraud has been shown. When shown that the methods being used by GOP legislatures does nothing to address fraud but instead just makes it harder for people to vote(longer lines with no access to restroom facilities, reduced voting time, traveling further to reach a polling station) you ignore it. Time after time the GOP loyalists fail to defend their views because there is no defense.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Amazing how brainwashed you are here. Keep being a sheeple like the Liberals want. I stated the truth and you regurgitated Liberal false talking points. Sorry you are a lost cause. Nicely linked false articles not withstanding. If you wake up before you pass away I will be surprised. You would make an excellent spin doctor for them.
More proof of Conservative idiocy. First you claim to have voted Democrat in 2008 but that is doubtful considering the venom you seem to feel for those of that party. Next you accuse and condemn others for doing exactly what you yourself are doing. Claiming that liberals are brainwashed and will only believe what we want is no different than you Cons who believe only what you want. It doesn't matter what facts are presented to you because your myopia only allows you to see what you want to see. You guys claim Obama spends too much time on vacation and when shown that Bush spent more time you ignore it or scream "Lies". Same goes with your cries about overreach with Executive orders. Even though it's clearly proven that he has issued fewer orders than the Presidents who came before him you still deny it. You, like all your other simple minded brethren, are living in a fantasy land. You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.

Now please move on and leave the important matters to adults. I think your mom is calling you to come out of the basement anyhow:rolleyes:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
And yet you have stated nothing of any value. You claim that the goal is to eliminate voter fraud even though no fraud has been shown. When shown that the methods being used by GOP legislatures does nothing to address fraud but instead just makes it harder for people to vote(longer lines with no access to restroom facilities, reduced voting time, traveling further to reach a polling station) you ignore it. Time after time the GOP loyalists fail to defend their views because there is no defense.

More proof of Conservative idiocy. First you claim to have voted Democrat in 2008 but that is doubtful considering the venom you seem to feel for those of that party. Next you accuse and condemn others for doing exactly what you yourself are doing. Claiming that liberals are brainwashed and will only believe what we want is no different than you Cons who believe only what you want. It doesn't matter what facts are presented to you because your myopia only allows you to see what you want to see. You guys claim Obama spends too much time on vacation and when shown that Bush spent more time you ignore it or scream "Lies". Same goes with your cries about overreach with Executive orders. Even though it's clearly proven that he has issued fewer orders than the Presidents who came before him you still deny it. You, like all your other simple minded brethren, are living in a fantasy land. You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.

Now please move on and leave the important matters to adults. I think your mom is calling you to come out of the basement anyhow:rolleyes:

And we won't be holding our breaths waiting for any links proving either the articles or the talking points be be false. Nor any response to your questions as to what does closing up polling places in minority dominated districts, and/or closing them early have ANYTHING to do with this alleged "voter fraud".

A simple logic for the single minded:

Don't want to deal with truths? Claim they are falsehoods and "spin". A CONVENIENT rationale, I think.

Meanwhile: more "liberal propaganda and falsehoods" (from that "liberal rag" the N.Y. Times):

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/us/new-gop-bid-to-limit-voting-in-swing-states.html?_r=0

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Details from the above linked article include the following:

"Pivotal swing states under Republican control are embracing significant new electoral restrictions on registering and voting that go beyond the voter identification requirements that have caused fierce partisan brawls.

"The bills, laws and administrative rules — some of them tried before — shake up fundamental components of state election systems..."

"Democrats in North Carolina are scrambling to fight back against the nation’s most restrictive voting laws, passed by Republicans there last year."

In all, nine states have passed measures making it harder to vote since the beginning of 2013.

Republicans defend the measures, saying Democrats are overstating their impact for partisan reasons. The new rules, Republicans say, help prevent fraud, save money and bring greater uniformity

Democrats and other critics of the laws say that in the face of shifting demographics, Republicans are trying to alter the rules and shape the electorate in their favor. Those most affected by the restrictions are minorities and the urban poor, who tend to vote Democratic."

The plain simple truth of the matter is that the Conservative/GOP/Tea Party is trying to LEGISLATE away the rights and abilities of CERTAIN people to be able to vote.

And as I said before, the purpose is just as CLEAR, and (SHOULD BE) just as obvious as it was in the racist deep South days of Jim Crow. NO DIFFERENT.

In fact, from the standpoint of the GOP's recent voter registration laws, JIM CROW (I think) is quite ALIVE and living WELL - in places likely, and not...

Last edited:

girthking1

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Obama never had had a job, yes a lawyer but never had a job, all of you people that voted for him had never heard of him before, but he was a lib , that's the only reason you voted for him, now that he has told the biggest lie in American history, " YOU CAN KEEP EVERYTHING IN YOUR HEALTH INS PERIOD !!!! , YOU STILL DEFEND THIS LOOSER ?

Reactions: deleted1046538

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I know this topic is always portrayed as some wide sweeping racist conspiracy plot masterminded by the right to intimidate, disenfranchise, discriminate (basically the ole "fill in the blank") all minorities from voting. This is how the left has sold this (brainwashed?) to the country.

But let me ask this. Why would the left be so vehemently opposed to voter registration? Is it that they don't acknowledge gaps in the system? Is there the potential for people voting multiple times? Is there the potential for illegals to vote? And if they acknowledge these potentials exists, why would they be against some form of structure? Why? Because they are confident the vast majority of these voters would statistically votes for their party. Pretty simple.

But more importantly, why would people feel intimidated, disenfranchised, discriminated against from registering to vote? We are well aware (thank you NSA) the government knows virtually EVERYTHING about us today. Add to that that no one appears to have these concerns when applying for a drivers license, or even better yet, a cell phone! Lord knows EVERYONE has a cell phone today, including the poor, since it is such an integral part of everyday life. Sadly, it may also show the level of importance to some. So why wouldn't people feel it's ok to register to vote, perhaps one of THE most valued, cherished, rights we are permitted? Isn't the right and honor to exercise ones vote more important than a cell phone? The comparison is silly, of course, but highlights the poor argument against efforts to challenge voter registration.

Honestly, the charges don't hold water. The only possible reason could be that the left knows full well that they have an untapped, untracked "ace up their sleeve", and intentionally are derailing attempts to better track votes. After all, what else could it be?? More spin by the left, and more scare tactics...
Everyone that has attempted to prove fraud on any scale beyond pathetically insignificant has failed. It simply is not a problem. You could have taken every single confirmed case of fraudulent voting for the past 50 years, even the accidental ones, put them all in Florida voting Democrat during the 2000 election, and it still wouldn't have mattered.

Here's a thought: Voter ID laws are being introduced as a solution to combat voter fraud. Can you please prove for us that there the problem of significant voter fraud exists anywhere in the country? Go ahead, bring us anything. Court cases, articles, official statements, whatever you want. I'd hate to think that you were some big government loving liberal who was trying to increase government restrictions on the rights of the people. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama never had had a job, yes a lawyer but never had a job, all of you people that voted for him had never heard of him before, but he was a lib , that's the only reason you voted for him, now that he has told the biggest lie in American history, " YOU CAN KEEP EVERYTHING IN YOUR HEALTH INS PERIOD !!!! , YOU STILL DEFEND THIS LOOSER ?
So many errors but seeing as you are obviously "challenged" it's not worth the time to list them all because you wouldn't understand. I hope the big words haven't frightened you:rolleyes:

Here's one for you though....it's not LOOSER it's LOSER as in Girthking is a sore loser.
Here's a message for you Skeeter
https://soundcloud.com/rockymountainmike/obama-derangement-syndrome?amp&amp&amp
Now log off, leave the basement in your mama's house, and grow up

Urban Dictionary: Obama Derangement Syndrome

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow so much wrong in one thread. I voted for Obama and 2008 and we were all sold a bill of pure lies. He has done nothing to help the USA unless you want it worse than before. Liberals are the ones who lie and commit massive voter fraud every election. And yes America is under attack by the current President. Freedom of Religion is under massive attack. Forcing someone to provide or pay for health coverages that go against their religious beliefs is an attack. Freedom of Speech is under attack. Say whatever you want, unless we do not agree with it, then find yourself under IRS/DEA/ATF/FBI investigation. The lists of what this man and his administration are doing to and forcing on the American people is a crime in and of itself. I have no love for the Republican party either. But the flat out lies and fraud now being carried out by the Liberals and this Administration makes them looks like saints. Why else would the current DoJ be prosecuting every state that is trying to remove fraudulent voters from their voter rosters. Regardless of if the state is Republican run or Democratic run. Every state trying to purge duplicate voters, deceased voters, illegal voters, are being targeted by this DoJ. The Liberals know if/when voter fraud is curbed or vastly eliminated they will stop winning elections.

So much wrong in one post.

Reactions: zinderel

craigsmith

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In Missouri we show photo Id, then we are checked off a big book and given a voting card or go to the booth to vote. I don't understand why everystate does not require photo id to vote.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In Missouri we show photo Id, then we are checked off a big book and given a voting card or go to the booth to vote. I don't understand why everystate does not require photo id to vote.
A teacher? Seriously?

Let's go over this one more time and hopefully this time it will sink in, not just for you but also for Jjz and others who fail to grasp reality. The issue isn't solely ID. It is about how voter rules are changed in such a way as to only impact a particular group of individuals. Student ID, which is acceptable at most banks to cash checks, is not acceptable but gun licenses are. Women are being told that they need to get ID that shows their married names even if they don't use that name. The issues that really cause problems are the attempts to make it more difficult for those in minority or Democratic leaning areas to vote. This includes removing or limiting the number of voter precincts. In GOP strongholds it can be one precinct for every 1000 voters but in Democratic or minority areas it can be one precinct for every 5000 voters. Also included are limiting hours to vote in minority or Democratic leaning areas while extending hours in GOP areas.

Let's make it simpler.....

According to the GOP
long lines in Democratic areas = GOOD
short lines in GOP areas = GOOD

Why? Because they know that if they make it harder and more time consuming fewer Democrats and minorities will turn out to vote and when the turn out is low Republicans win.

So please try and do more than regurgitate Fox talking points. It's not going to work on here. It's already obvious no one on the right has the balls to answer the questions we've asked but let's ask one more time. How does limiting the number of precincts only in minority areas eliminate (non existent) voter fraud? How does shortening the voting hours in minority or Democratic leaning areas(but not in GOP leaning areas) have any effect on(non existent) voter fraud?

skylancer81

Experimental Member
Media

Here is my presidential voting record. 92- Perot, 96- Perot, 00-Gore, 04- Nader, 08 - Obama, 12- Romney. So please explain again how I am a republican/conservative based on my voting history. Three independents, two democrats, one republican in twenty years of voting. I never said anything about executive orders or Obama's vacations, so no clue where that bs came from. And you just go on doing the same old tired liberal ploy. You know you are wrong so you attack. Go back and read what I said then come back with something intelligent that is not a lie or an attack.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media

As I understand it, the problem is more the timing and content of said laws being put through. They always become an issue that suddenly needs to be addressed right before elections. The task of using said ID cards typically falls to the DMV. When the number of confirmed cases of fraudulent voters in the past 50 years is well below 1000, and the DMV estimates that over 100k voters will be disenfranchised in the election as a direct result of the law, then the law is causing more problems than it "fixes". Also, charging any money for said ID is basically a poll tax, which is not constitutional.

There's nothing wrong with a Voter ID law in principle, but it can be unfair in implementation if such things aren't taken into account. If you want it to be fair, have a free form of identification available to anyone, actively make efforts to get one to all lawfully registered voters, and don't try to cram the law through right before elections. Doing so, particularly to address a problem that exists only in theory, only makes it look as if there are ulterior motives behind the law.

skylancer81

Experimental Member
Media
So much wrong in one post.

Except it is all true. I know it's hard, but do some independent research and not some talking points from the liberal or conservative media and the truth will actually appear before you. The liberal biased media talking points are all about spin. The conservative talking points are to a lesser degree as well. So you have to use independent unbiased objective media sources (aka true journalism) to get the real facts. Once you see them and stop being blinded by either parties line, you may wake up to that truth.

Reactions: deleted1046538

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Everyone that has attempted to prove fraud on any scale beyond pathetically insignificant has failed. It simply is not a problem. You could have taken every single confirmed case of fraudulent voting for the past 50 years, even the accidental ones, put them all in Florida voting Democrat during the 2000 election, and it still wouldn't have mattered.

Here's a thought: Voter ID laws are being introduced as a solution to combat voter fraud. Can you please prove for us that there the problem of significant voter fraud exists anywhere in the country? Go ahead, bring us anything. Court cases, articles, official statements, whatever you want. I'd hate to think that you were some big government loving liberal who was trying to increase government restrictions on the rights of the people. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

So by your logic, we wait for something to happen before we enact rules or laws around it? Sounds about right. No one is restricting anyone's freedom. Most idiotic logic yet.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What is idiotic is the notion that a nonexistent problem needs a repressive solution designed to keep non white protestant males from voting.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
What is idiotic is the notion that a nonexistent problem needs a repressive solution designed to keep non white protestant males from voting.

Or, for that matter, anybody ELSE not inclined to vote for Republicans.

GOP motto: "If you can't beat 'em, change the rules."

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here is my presidential voting record. 92- Perot, 96- Perot, 00-Gore, 04- Nader, 08 - Obama, 12- Romney. So please explain again how I am a republican/conservative based on my voting history. Three independents, two democrats, one republican in twenty years of voting. I never said anything about executive orders or Obama's vacations, so no clue where that bs came from. And you just go on doing the same old tired liberal ploy. You know you are wrong so you attack. Go back and read what I said then come back with something intelligent that is not a lie or an attack.
Just because you claim it doesn't make it so. Your claims to have voted Democratic is hard to believe considering that all the things you railed about are straight from Fox and Breitbart. You come across just like the guys on here who claimed they had black friends and had nothing against black people but then went on to state that they saw nothing wrong with stop and frisk because blacks are more prone to commit crimes. I doubted their supposed friends even existed and if they did they had no idea that their "friend" felt that they were latent criminals. You preach the Gospel of Rush and wonder why your supposed affiliation is questioned. Give up on the IRS non scandal. Hell even Fox is tired of it.
Even FOX News is Sick and Tired of Fake IRS ‘Scandal’ (Video) | Americans Against the Tea Party

There was a member on here(now thankfully banned) named Trinity. "She" claimed to have been a long time Democrat who supported Hillary but from her 2nd post(all her posts were in Politics except 1)everything she wrote was anti Democrat and anti liberal. All her sources were right wing sites. She, like you, rambled off all the talking points of Rush and Co.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Except it is all true. I know it's hard, but do some independent research and not some talking points from the liberal or conservative media and the truth will actually appear before you. The liberal biased media talking points are all about spin. The conservative talking points are to a lesser degree as well. So you have to use independent unbiased objective media sources (aka true journalism) to get the real facts. Once you see them and stop being blinded by either parties line, you may wake up to that truth.
Oh so anything that disagrees with your viewpoint is biased whether it be liberal or conservative. I guess if one sticks to conspiracy sites then one will be happy.:rolleyes:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So by your logic, we wait for something to happen before we enact rules or laws around it? Sounds about right. No one is restricting anyone's freedom. Most idiotic logic yet.
Reason and logic elude you. Your beloved GOP hasn't been saying they want to prevent fraud before it happens. They've been claiming that rampant fraud has been happening and they want to stop it. Too bad for them that rampant fraud hasn't been proven to have happened except for.....
Republican U.S. House Staffers Indicted for Felony Election Fraud as GOP Fraud Epidemic Continues | The BRAD BLOG
Conservative Media Ignore GOP Voter Registration Fraud | The Nation
GOP voter registration scandal widens - Salon.com
Girl registering
Voter roll purge in the 2000 Florida election - SourceWatch

Under orders from Harris’s office, DBT provided matches of anyone with a close name. Thus, for example, John Jackson is a black man who had served time in Texas, so Johnny Jackson Jr., a black man in Florida with the same birth date, was purged from the registration rolls. [6] DBT used lists of former felons that included names and birth dates and race, but counted as a “match” names that were only approximate. DBT specifically wrote Harris’s office to say that their name-match criteria would include a large number of nonfelons, and Harris’s office advised them in writing to lower the name-match criterion further to 85%. All told, DBT generated a list of 82,389 voters to purge from registries. [7]
DBT subsequently tried to defend their lists by claiming they were 85% accurate. [8] But that would still mean that well over 10,000 mostly minority, poor, and Democratic Floridians were illegally disenfranchised — more than twenty times Bush’s margin of victory in the state. Plus, where verification was attempted, the accuracy of the list was nowhere near 85%. Officials in Leon County, Florida, tried to verify the 694 names on the list from Tallahassee and found only 34 to be a match—a 5% accuracy rate

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Again, excellent points, Storm. Yes, they make a helluva LOT of noise about this fictional voter fraud on the part of ordinary citizens while IGNORING the fraudulent and sometimes ILLEGAL activities and dirty TRICKS on the part of the GOP/Tea Party (and I for the most part, refer to them in this hyphenated fashion because as far as I'm concerned, they're one and the same).

Here is MORE documentation of THEIR efforts at voter intimidation, misinformation, fraudulent registration activities, and OTHER dirty TRICKS:

Evidence of GOP Interference in VW Election Is Now Overwhelming

"Shortly before the election, senior Tennessee lawmakers threatened to withhold hundreds of millions of dollars in state incentives if workers voted for the United Auto Workers union (UAW)."
"Confidential documents show that Gov. Haslam offered Volkswagen nearly $300 million in subsidies, but only if the union election were concluded "to the satisfaction" of his administration."

Republicans bet you won

PHONY GOP/Tea Party WEBSITES designed to look like you're donating to Democratic politicians.

And on the same subject this link below:

GOP’s new dirty trick: Why our election laws are a joke - Salon.com

Other GOP/Tea Party dirty tricks:

Top 11 Republican Dirty Tricks ... SO FAR | blog.pfaw.org

"Reports have come in in Florida, Virginia and elsewhere that primarily elderly voters have received phone calls telling them they could vote over the phone, so did not need to show up at the polls..."
"Similar misleading calls have been reported by African American and Latino voters that “inform” voters that their car insurance and registration status will be checked at the polls as a requirement to cast a vote."

"...ominous billboards reminding voters of the legal penalties for voter fraud were put up in minority communities in Milwaukee, WI and in Ohio in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati..."

"...so-called “True the Vote” and other Tea Party organizations are exploiting state laws to challenge the votes of minority voters and others who primarily fit into groups that tend to vote Democratic."

"In Wisconsin, we have reports that the Romney campaign has been training poll watchers not only to provide incorrect information to voters, but to hide their own affiliation at the polls."

"Restricting access for election observers..."

"In addition to dumping Democratic registrations, it appears fraudulent changes to existing registrations were made, which means when real (presumably Democratic) voters show up to the polls, their registration will have been changed unbeknownst to them and they will be ineligible to cast a ballot..."

"One of the most insidious forms of voter intimidation we’ve seen this cycle has to do with right-wing corporate CEOs threatening their employees’ livelihoods to pressure them to vote Republican.""Restricting early and absentee voting and limiting access to provisional ballots – It’s like three dirty tricks in one!"

"In Florida, canvassing boards are simply throwing out some absentee ballots they feel have signatures that don’t match the ones on file for voters. In these cases, the voters are not even being informed that their vote has been challenged..."

Last edited: