The Republican Attack on the Right to Vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by b.c., Apr 11, 2014.

1. Jjz1109

Gold Member

What was that about childish antics and behavior?

2. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    I give back that which is given unto me. If you want respect then you need to give it and there has been none from all the con newbies. You all jump in and insult all liberals, and repeatedly accuse us of doing all the things your kind is actually doing. Once a member states that it doesn't matter what is presented to him because his mind is already made up it just frees the opposition to consider any attempt to engage in debate as being pointless.

You guys claim that you get no respect but are you giving any? You make a claim and instead of ignoring it we actually take the time to look into those claims. That's respect. On the flip side whenever a link is provided by your opposition you and your kind just ignore it and call it spin, meaningless, or not important. Not a lot of respect huh?

You seem to have been looking back at certain threads and posts in this forum so I'm sure you may have come across posters like Redneckgymrat, Eric 8, and Sillystring. They are conservative but unlike the newbies they are actually engaging in conversation. They make a point and if questioned can usually be counted on to provide something that shows how they arrived at their belief. Oh, and they are also capable of using sites that don't have pages about how Obama is rounding us up and sending us to FEMA camps. They also showed respect by looking at the links provided and not instantly dismissing it as "spin". They weren't afraid to admit it if the links proved their views to be in error and were also able to defend their views if the links didn't clearly prove anything without falling back on the tired talking points. It's not that the conservative viewpoint isn't welcome, it's that idiotic so called conservatives aren't.

3. scanlan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You say that "the conservative viewpoint is welcome here", but that is blatantly false. You're condescending, and belittle and lash out against anyone who has the audacity to oppose you. :confused:
    Only masochists could possibly enjoy your caustic style of interaction

4. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    And yet you still respond.

You're just upset because your initial post in this forum was not applauded.

Your first post here trumpeted all the usual tired talking points. Benghazi and Fast & Furious are looked at by most sane conservatives as "old news" and are essentially non issues. However in right wing lunatic fringes what they believe is fact and anyone who disagrees is wrong, even other Republicans.
    It was also pretty telling that before anyone ever accused you of being a racist you felt the need to list some black conservatives that you "love". It was also pretty telling that one notable black conservative, Gen. Powell, was left off your list. Could it be because he dared to speak out about the GOP's tacit acceptance of racism within the party?

You claim you wanted to engage in conversation so why did you choose to ignore it when asked why, if Benghazi was so important and was worthy of impeachment, was there no outrage when Americans abroad were killed under Reagan and Bush's watch? You were also asked why do you Republicans make so much of Obama's error but overlook Bush's error about WMDs in Iraq? Instead of responding you just moved on to your next manufactured scandal and the talking points that accompanied them.

Here's your next post in this forum

Here's where you chose to reveal your bigotry. Illegals? Really? When called on your errors with links to various sources your response was...
    Did you think that by using "Hispanic" your initial post calling them"illegals" would magically vanish? You also chose to ignore the part of the post that refuted everything you previously stated. You claimed that those who wanted "free stuff" were the problem so when shown that those corporations who received more "free stuff" than all the "illegals" in Texas combined you call it irrelevant.

Your problem is that you expected to waltz in here and spew your talking points without anyone challenging you. You don't want to debate any issues. You just want a cheering squad and buddy the only ones who will cheer on your weak attempts are the others here who also rely on ignorance and talking points and have no interest in getting to the bottom of anything.

5. rogerg

rogerg Active Member

The person you just described, a democrat who works 50 hours a week, walks or takes the bus to work, and is just too "busy" to walk or take the bus to the DMV is about 0.00000000000000000015263% of the parties base. They aren't even a statistical factor.

The person the voter ID law is targeted at is the Cleveland lady who bragged in front of the news cameras that she voted 6 times for Obama in 2012, or Philadelphia precinct that reported 124% voter participation and not a single vote for Mitt Romney. Unfortunately, the Republican Party doesn't really consist of this kind of treasonous scum. Thats why the GOP is fighting to stop this kind of abuse and the party of degenerates is fighting tooth and nail to ensure that election stealing continues.

6. rogerg

rogerg Active Member

Where do you get bullshit info like this? Show me a credible source where these ID's are not free or very inexpensive (like, more than $20) and where they want to cut early voting in black precincts but extend them in white GOP ones (that is what your were implying wasn't it?).

7. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Roger, do you believe every one of the urban legend memes sent to you?
    snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud

In 59 voting districts in the Philadelphia region, Obama received 100% of the votes with not even a single vote recorded for Romney. (A mathematical and statistical impossibility).
    It is true that 59 voting divisions in Philadelphia recorded no votes for Mitt Romney, but given the voter composition of the Philadelphia area (and some Philadelphia wards in particular) and the number of voters in each division, that outcome was hardly a "mathematical and statistical impossibility."

Barack Obama won the overall vote in the Philadelphia area by an 85% to 14% margin over Mitt Romney; Obama also received greater than 90% of the vote in more than half of Philadelphia's 66 wards, and 99% or more of the vote in seven of those wards. That result was hardly surprising given that, as the Philadelphia Inquirer noted, those wards are "clustered in almost exclusively black sections of West and North Philadelphia" and "nationally, 93 percent of African Americans voted for Obama." The Philadelphia wards that trended very heavily for Barack Obama included many divisions of between 200 and 500 voters in which Mitt Romney received a scant handful of votes (and sometimes no votes at all), a result mirroring that of the previous election, in which Republican candidate John McCain "got zero votes in 57 Philadelphia voting divisions."

When the Inquirer went looking for Republican voters in some of those divisions, they couldn't find any: Many parts of Philadelphia and other big cities simply lack Republican voters, a fact of campaigning that has been true since Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, Jonathan Rodden, a political science professor at Stanford University, said.

Although voter registration lists, which often contain outdated information, show 12 Republicans live in the [28th] ward's third division, The Inquirer was unable to find any of them by calling or visiting their homes.

Four of the registered Republicans no longer lived there; four others didn't answer their doors. City Board of Elections registration data say a registered Republican used to live at 25th and York Streets, but none of the neighbors across the street knew him.

James Norris, 19, who lives down the street, is listed as a Republican in city data. But he said he's a Democrat and voted for Obama because he thinks the president will help the middle class.

A few blocks away, Eric Sapp, a 42-year-old chef, looked skeptical when told that city data had him listed as a registered Republican. "I got to check on that," said Sapp, who voted for Obama.

Eighteen Republicans reportedly live in the nearby 15th Division, according to city registration records. The 15th has the distinction of pitching two straight Republican shutouts — zero votes for McCain in 2008, zero for Romney. Oh, and 13 other city divisions did the same thing in 2008 and 2012.

Three of the 15th's registered Republicans were listed as living in the same apartment, but the tenant there said he had never heard of them. The addresses of several others could not be found.

On West Albert Street, Duke Dunston says he knows he's a registered Republican, but he's never voted for one.
    Thus the results in Philadelphia were reflective not of an "impossible" statistical anomaly but rather of a general historical trend widely seen throughout the city.
    Read more at snopes.com: 2012 Voter Fraud
    As long as you guys keep repeating the same old discredited stories don't expect anyone to take you seriously? What will you come up with next? Obama was a Black Panther? Obama took his oath using the Koran? I've even seen people complaining that Obama dodged the draft because he didn't want to serve in Vietnam. Common sense shows how wrong they are but people who want to hate him believe every piece of garbage they are sent.

8. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's easy to find evidence when one looks. Unlike you, I don't choose to keep my head in a particular orifice of my body

Plan to cut 30 Manatee County polling locations fuels outcry | Politics | Bradenton Herald
    In Omaha, a Controversy Over Voting With National Reverberations | News | BET
    Florida County Eliminates Minority-Heavy Polling Places | ThinkProgress
    Experts: North Carolina early voting cuts will hit blacks hardest | MSNBC
    Ohio sets up one early-voting system for Republican counties, another for Democratic counties

‘I cannot create unequal access from one county board to another, and I must also keep in mind resources available to each county,” Husted said in explaining his decision to deny expanded early voting hours in heavily Democratic counties. Yet in solidly Republican counties like Warren and Butler, GOP election commissioners have approved expanded early voting hours on nights and weekends.
    No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote - Andrew Cohen - The Atlantic
    Polling Place Cutbacks Could Impact Vote, 100 Polls to Close in Omaha | Project Vote Blog
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/opinion/overt-discrimination-in-ohio.html?_r=0
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/public/2012/11/election-updates.html
    I could continue.....

As for the cost of the ID, you may have forgotten that no cost can be applied as a condition to vote. So even if the cost were ten cents it would be illegal. Plus there is the financial disadvantage of taking a day off from work or having to pay a babysitter so that the person could go to the DMV. Or what if they had to travel to get that ID? If one form of ID is acceptable to cash a check at a bank why isn't it acceptable to vote? If the ID that has been accepted in prior years is no longer acceptable then the cost of acquiring the new ID should not be passed on to the voter.

9. IntellectualMeat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    These conversations can be fun to watch sometimes, but very rarely end in anyone being enlightened, changing their stance, or coming to a "middle ground".

Doesn't take away the fun though.

10. scanlan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You are so wrong, I could care less about a cheering squad or being applauded. Where do you get this stuff?
    Benghazi is old and a non-issue? That's what Hilary said, and that ignorant and insensitive statement might cost her the next election. And this far from over.
    And how dare you call me a racist, what a leap! I don't care what nationality a person is, and unless they go through the proper channels to become a citizen they shouldn't be here. We are a country of laws which should be respected by everyone. But the Dems need them (illiegals) as their voting base, and so expect everyone to look the other way. I have a friend who is a Border Patrol agent and he said that his hands are tied in enforcing immigration laws. He cannot even detain them, and when he does he gets a reprimand. Most illegals are Hispanic, so what is your point?
    I speak fluent Spanish, and if I were a racist that would seem odd to most rational thinkers. Two years in college studying a language of people that I loathe?
    And Bush and the WMD? How many Dems agreed with this assessment and the decision to go to war? It wasn't just a decision made by Bush. And Sadam Hussein was using a gas to kill his own people, that is considered a WMD.

And so you assume that I left Colin Powell off my list for the reasons you mentioned? There are lots of black People that I left off. Like Ben Carson. Maybe you have some insight as to why I left him off? Maybe because he's brilliant and I'm jealous because I'm not. That's the type of logic that you present here and you actually expect people to respond. :confused::confused:

11. scanlan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Want some popcorn?

12. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you so addled that you can't even see that you included Ben Carson in the post?
    Yes, Benghazi is not the huge scandal that will take down Obama and Hillary as you and your kind hoped
    Not on Fox News: GOP Armed Services Chair Clears Obama, Hillary in Benghazi Investigation | Americans Against the Tea Party
    This is coming from a ranking member of the GOP but of course your kind will call it spin or deny the evidence of your own eyes.
    As for your bigoted remarks about "illegals" I dare you to present any evidence of voting by them. Why would someone who is here illegally risk being caught and deported just to vote? Oh, and no fair using lunatic right wing sites( that would be any site that takes birthers or any of that type of nonsense seriously). Present actual evidence of substantial voters that are here illegally or shut up!
    edit: Before you waste your time trying to locate a source not reeking of outrageous right wing lunatic bias just remember that there has been no evidence presented of any type of widespread voter fraud(that would include "illegals" voting)
    As for Bush and the WMDs, a number of Dems as well as the American people believed what they were told because who would ever think the President would state something that would lead to war unless it was 100% confirmed? Oh and now you're claiming the WMD was the gas. Was the U.S. in any danger? Did Saddam have anything to do with 9/11? Well according to Bush he did and we all now know that was a lie.

Oh and as for you're desire for a cheering section all I have to say is it's sweet watching you and Jjz masturbate each other aka condemning everyone who disagrees with you both

edit #2: Is this spin too?
    http://www.southernstudies.org/2014/04/after-initial-hysteria-back-pedaling-over-nc-voter.html
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/15/2475561/colorado-gessler-zero-illegal-voters/
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/13/another-fraudulent-voter-id-claim-on-fox/189302
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/16/colorado-voter-fraud_n_3768071.html
    http://votingrights.news21.com/article/election-fraud-explainer/
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ere_is_in_the_united_states_almost_none_.html
    http://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2009/02/myth-voter-fraud
    http://www.thenation.com/blog/167217/voter-fraud-fraud
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-fake-voter-fraud-epidemic-and-the-2012-election

Importantly, Republicans tied their claims of voter fraud to ostensible fraud prevention measures which would be most likely to depress Democratic turnout, but they ignored measures which would actually combat real problems of fraud. So Republicans pushed hard for voter identification laws, which would prevent one person from impersonating another at the polls.
    But the tell that Republicans were not serious about fraud prevention was their failure to call for laws limiting absentee balloting to those with a valid excuse for not voting at the polling place. A recent News21 survey of prosecutions in all 50 states shows that vote buying through absentee ballots is a real--though relatively small-- problem. That survey found that impersonation fraud is almost non-existent--10 allegations across the country in the last decade. It's no wonder, as impersonation fraud is an exceedingly dumb way to seal an election.

I'm glad Scanny gave me reason to do some research because it led to this...
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/12/26/1048946/-Evidence-of-Massive-REPUBLICAN-VOTER-Fraud

#152 StormfrontFL, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  13. scanlan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So you actually feel that your goofy link proves that Obama and Hilary are cleared of any wrongdoing in Benghazi? You can't be serious! That wasn't even what it said!
    First you ask me to show proof of voter fraud, and then you limit sources
    that you will accept. Sounds like a win win for me. Nothing could be as pathetic as the links you use.
    And that last paragraph demonstrates exactly what kind of classless pathetic person you really are.

Good bye, I'm done.

14. Jjz1109

Gold Member

Oh my friend, speaking from a similar perspective, some here would take your statement very seriously, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it . . .

Yes, interesting, possibly thought provoking, and definitely entertaining at times, but would not take the barrage of "facts" and biased links (from either side) on a big dick site as overly influencing my political positions. But hey, that's me.

15. Jjz1109

Gold Member

Well said. Obviously, shows how emotionally unwrapped some (not all, thankfully) can become in their hatred of all things conservative. Really, accusations of racism? References to masturbation? Wow, completely unhinged.

You said it earlier, they dont want any healthy debate. They just want to shut down any opposing views.

16. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hooray!!!
    Yes, I limited your sources. You scream about bias on the left so I challenged you to find any unbiased source that proves substantial voter fraud. Unlike you, I can and have looked for evidence. All I found were right wing fringe sites that made that claim. How could anyone take seriously a site that promotes birtherism, or talks about how the government is planning on rounding up dissenters, or promotes fear of a new world order? All I asked was fro you to find a source that didn't scream hatred or fear of the left.

Any credibility that you may have had is gone since you denied the content of the link I provided about Benghazi. You have proven that what was said about brainwashed individuals in the GOP/TP is true. Even when it is a Republican ranking Congressman stating that there was no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Obama and Clinton you refuse to believe it and just pooh pooh it.

“I think I’ve pretty well been satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened and how quickly it dissipated, we probably couldn’t have done more than we did,” McKeon told reporters on Thursday."

Wasn't the GOP argument that Clinton and Obama refused to send in military support and so those 4 were killed? It seems those investigating it now believe that there was nothing that could have helped but of course you still believe Obama and Clinton should have beamed in support with their Star Trek teleporters so it's their fault.
    To late for an Egyptian lifeguard because someone just drowned in denial again.:tongue:

There is no reason to respect you or your opinion since it is more than clear that nothing ever presented to you would get through and shake that belief you have in what you were told. Maybe this isn't the place for you? I'm sure you would be happier at WorldNewsDaily or one of the other "We hate everyone who's not like us 'cause we're REAL Americans" sites

And as for my final comment, it was intended to be taken just as it was. Watching the two of you congratulate each other on being outcasts while celebrating the mutual disdain for anything factual was like watching two men get each other off.

17. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    The fun is pretty much the only reason to post here. It's true that no one is likely to change their stance based on what is presented here however one should be open to learning something new. Even though we know that certain types will either ignore anything that contradicts their views or call it spin it still allows us to keep up on what's happening. When a person refuses to even accept the words of someone on "their team" because it goes against his views it's clear that finding "middle ground" is impossible. It can happen though if there is openness to finding it. For example, Clinthardball and I disagree on just about everything but we did find common ground in our belief that our problems start with those in power and the divide that they wish to keep going.

I guess some here are used to the idea of liberals rolling over and taking it and when someone dares to push back they view it as an attack.

18. Jjz1109

Gold Member

Wow, glad you finally admit what I said a while ago - - that while it can be thought provoking, and certainly entertaining, it's unlikely a political thread on a big dick site will (should) change anyone's stance on the issues. You are learning.

As for your last sentence, everyone here supports a view. If your idea of pushing back is calling someone simple, idiotic, racist, and accusing someone of masturbating another member (no pun intended), I would hate to see your idea of an attack. Your pushing back / incessant name calling is way personal, rude, disrespectful, and steps over the line by most peoples' standards. It de-legitimizes your posts. Hopefully you will learn this next. Maybe then there would be a chance at debate, if you are serious about open dialogue.

19. Popyuu

Popyuu New Member

So once again, you act like you're the victim. Again. Seriously, seek help. Talk to a doctor or something. I don't know. The rest of the posters here are just doing the normal blah blah but you. Just so you know, i'm very serious. This isn't a joke. And it isn't an attempt at shutting you down. Post all you want but do try to find some outside help somewhere other than a politics section.

20. Jjz1109

Gold Member

No victim, trying to extend the olive branch. Got it. No thank you.

May I ask why you feel compelled to respond to my reply stormfront? Really shouldn't concern you.

Draft saved Draft deleted