The Republican Effort to Cull the Electorate

Cart2579

Just Browsing
Media
Duck! Voting drive by!
When was the last time voting killed a bunch of kids at school?
Did a vote cripple giffords, or put regan in the hospital?

So you only want to pick and choose the "rights" that you like?

And I like how you referenced a progressive/anarchist and a communist assassins.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
ID is perfect for situations where somebody can dieout get hurt.

Watch, come voting day a GunOwningPig wil get denied to right to vote cause they didnt bring ID, and come back with his assault rifle to kill the commies that turned him back.

Cart2579

Just Browsing
Media
ID is perfect for situations where somebody can dieout get hurt.

Watch, come voting day a GunOwningPig wil get denied to right to vote cause they didnt bring ID, and come back with his assault rifle to kill the commies that turned him back.

I thought you said having ID or requiring ID was unconstitutional?

So your statement negates itself. If you require a gun owner to have ID but not to vote, why would he be denied the right to vote for not having ID, because he or she is carrying a gun ownership ID?

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think both parties are shameful on the voter ID issue. Neither of them seem to genuinely care about disenfranchisement or the integrity of elections. Their (non-)support of ID laws seems to be a lot more about personal benefit from the law.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think both parties are shameful on the voter ID issue. Neither of them seem to genuinely care about disenfranchisement or the integrity of elections. Their (non-)support of ID laws seems to be a lot more about personal benefit from the law.

Democrats want the disenfranchised to vote because it's in the party's best interest. Republicans don't because it isn't.

Motives aside, I think the difference is significant.

Cart2579

Just Browsing
Media
Really makes you wonder why one side support not needing one an ID to vote or having to defend the need for an ID to vote, when countries to the south of ours require them for not only voting, but opening a checking account, getting on a plane, etc. Even the most rural citizens have ID, according to the article.

Mexico's national voter IDs part of culture

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I mentioned somewhere here before about Republican efforts to disenfranchise thousands of voters come this election via various "voter ID legislation" being promoted across the nation; promoted "almost exclusively" by Republican lawmakers, according to the article below:

NBC Politics - In legislatures and courtrooms, busy weeks ahead for voter ID

Personally, I have no beef with laws requiring the showing of a driver's license or similar id for the purposes of voting. I have done so for a number of recent elections.

The devil, apparently, is in the details, because, according to opponents of the legislation, obtaining the required id would be a difficulty, inconvenience, and/or expense primarily to voters likely to vote Democrat, and therefore would result in significant numbers of such voters being unable to vote.

My take? Don't get caught up in the "trick bag" and allow someone, for whatever reason, to deny you your right to vote. Go out and get those ID's. Bring the WHOLE frekin' family, and a neighbor or two.

And while you're at it, get 'em registered to vote, if they aren't.

i dont see how any of this is supposed to favor republicans. republican voters have to go get an i.d. just like everybody else does in the states that take part in this. if it is a difficulty, inconvenience, and/or expense to voters likely to vote Democrat, why isn't it to voters likely to vote Republican? i vote Republican, and i don't want to have to go get a stupid voting i.d. any more than you do. However, if I have to do so, I will. Just like I don't like having to get a driver's license but I do it. Are you under the assumption that Republicans ENJOY having to go get stupid voting i.d. cards? or that they consider it to be a convenience? I promise that they don't.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i dont see how any of this is supposed to favor republicans. republican voters have to go get an i.d. just like everybody else does in the states that take part in this. if it is a difficulty, inconvenience, and/or expense to voters likely to vote Democrat, why isn't it to voters likely to vote Republican? i vote Republican, and i don't want to have to go get a stupid voting i.d. any more than you do. However, if I have to do so, I will. Just like I don't like having to get a driver's license but I do it. Are you under the assumption that Republicans ENJOY having to go get stupid voting i.d. cards? or that they consider it to be a convenience? I promise that they don't.

Are you serious?

First of all, it will be much easier for you to get a voter ID than for many of the disenfranchised. Second, those who are already living on the margins are far less likely to vote at all, let alone jump through hoops to do so.

Every effort should be made to encourage people to vote, not further discourage them from doing so. But that goal fits only one party's agenda.

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Are you serious?

First of all, it will be much easier for you to get a voter ID than for many of the disenfranchised. Second, those who are already living on the margins are far less likely to vote at all, let alone jump through hoops to do so.

Every effort should be made to encourage people to vote, not further discourage them from doing so. But that goal fits only one party's agenda.

WHY would it be easier for me? I just looked at the PA rules (PA just passed this type of law) and it isn't even a separate i.d. People just have to show their regular i.d. Why is it easier for me to have an i.d. than it is for somebody else? Because I kept copies of my birth certificate? If somebody else DIDN'T then don't blame republicans, blame the irresponsible person who lost their extremely important document.
Anybody who wants to vote can do so. I don't think encouraging people to vote is good at all. Encouraging people to vote will greatly increase the amount of people who don't know what they are even voting for. The point of a vote is to get a majority opinion from a mass of people in order to make the country better for all of us. If people vote who have no idea what the issues are that they are voting for, then what is the point in having a vote?

But really, how is it easier for me to have an i.d. than for somebody else?

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
WHY would it be easier for me? I just looked at the PA rules (PA just passed this type of law) and it isn't even a separate i.d. People just have to show their regular i.d. Why is it easier for me to have an i.d. than it is for somebody else? Because I kept copies of my birth certificate? If somebody else DIDN'T then don't blame republicans, blame the irresponsible person who lost their extremely important document.

That's what it comes down to: blame those on the fringes, the ones who don't have a nicely organized file cabinet full of every piece of paperwork our society deems important. They're already on the outskirts; let's disenfranchise them entirely.

I don't think encouraging people to vote is good at all. Encouraging people to vote will greatly increase the amount of people who don't know what they are even voting for.

This was the argument behind the literacy test, that handy little device southern states used to keep blacks from voting. I suppose you'd like to bring it back, but unfortunately you've got a ton of civil rights legislation and Supreme Court decisions in your way. Sorry about that.

If people vote who have no idea what the issues are that they are voting for, then what is the point in having a vote?

Yes, we need a more educated electorate. But not a more exclusive one.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So if voting is a right and gun ownership is a right, would everybody by ok with not needing an ID for owning a gun?

This is incredibly stupid but I will respond anyway.

HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!

VOTING is not a dangerous weapon in the literal sense, though it can and SHOULD Be in the figurative sense .
GUNS are weapons capable of causing great bodily harm even death, including massacres like at VA Tech and in Arizona.
You dishonor every single person who has ever been murdered by a gun-wielding lunatic, who, b/c of a lack of BG checks or other safety devices was allowed to have a gun in the first place when you equate GUN OWNER SHIP with the American responsibility to CAST A VOTE !!!!!!!!

HH

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
And if you don't have a physical address in the United States would you need an ID?

a few years ago i lived an hours drive from the nearest named road. there was no physical address to be had. i could not get a po box cause the place was off the grid and the post office wanted a utility bill to give me a box.

there are scores of newly homeless people from the greed fest of dubya/chenney that still need to be able to vote. or do people lose their right to vote when they are homeless?

GestapoOnProfits wants only to deny a segment of the population that would normally vote against them from voting. it really is that simple.

talk about fascism...
The Gestapo is famous for saying, "Show me your papers, are your papers in order?"

Cart2579

Just Browsing
Media
a few years ago i lived an hours drive from the nearest named road. there was no physical address to be had. i could not get a po box cause the place was off the grid and the post office wanted a utility bill to give me a box.

there are scores of newly homeless people from the greed fest of dubya/chenney that still need to be able to vote. or do people lose their right to vote when they are homeless?

GestapoOnProfits wants only to deny a segment of the population that would normally vote against them from voting. it really is that simple.

talk about fascism...
The Gestapo is famous for saying, "Show me your papers, are your papers in order?"

And yet you were able to drive yourself from your remote location and vote, get groceries, etc. It was your choice to live out there, you deal with the effects it has on your life.

And as far as homeless.....I see no reason for them not to vote. But if they are homeless as you say, how can they be informed to make a intelligent choice on who to vote for? Or are you counting on the "volunteers" to inform them just who to vote for? "Vote early and vote often!!!"

Fascism? Who is the head of Obama's economics advisory board? What company did the government recent ballout and is now buying their fleet vehicles from to boost their sales numbers? Oh ya GE also now requires all their sales positions to drive a Volt, with a few exceptions.

Liberalism.....ideas so great they mandatory!

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
And yet you were able to drive yourself from your remote location and vote, get groceries, etc. It was your choice to live out there, you deal with the effects it has on your life.

And as far as homeless.....I see no reason for them not to vote. But if they are homeless as you say, how can they be informed to make a intelligent choice on who to vote for? Or are you counting on the "volunteers" to inform them just who to vote for? "Vote early and vote often!!!"

Fascism? Who is the head of Obama's economics advisory board? What company did the government recent ballout and is now buying their fleet vehicles from to boost their sales numbers? Oh ya GE also now requires all their sales positions to drive a Volt, with a few exceptions.

Liberalism.....ideas so great they mandatory!

not having an address (or ID) should not keep you from voting.

homeless/transients are often way more informed than those fed the faux newz diet.

hasnt GM always been one of the main fleet car for guberment? and its great to see them stop driving such guzzlers like the old surburban for one guy to commute alone... keeps more soldiers alive, and gives our kids a chance to be able to have some clean air left for their kids.

conservatism.... so much greed, so much money, so little sense.