The republican party finds its voice

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dave NoCal, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for posting that, Dave. I hadn't seen the first run.

It was so accurate, I'm not sure how funny it is.

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

NBC won't let us patriotic 'Mericuhns see the video outside of the USA (or at least in Argentina). :mad:

4. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

Pathetic. I thought your party won... so why keep bringing this up.

I notice there's a lack of threads lauding the "stimulus bullshit" as hallmark.

It's an awful start... you know it, I know it, and the American ppl know it.

It's dire times, and we got dished this crap. Maybe a few folk here will have the balls to admit their boy fucked up... big time, out of the gate.

#4 faceking, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Hold on... since when is sticking to one's campaign promises considered an awful start? Obama stated that he wanted to focus the war more on Afghanistan. He's done that. He also stated that he wanted to get the stimulus package signed and passed. He's also done that too. Whether or not you agree with these two moves is up for nothing more than making a rhetorical prediction because in all honesty nobody knows that the outcome will be.

We can sit here and talk about how all the money in the stimulus package should have went directly to the American People but we all knew we weren't going to receive a check for $8000 or so in the mail each. I get sick of hearing the words "tax cuts" being muttered by politicians as if they're supposed to be some kind of political magic words to make everyone think they're the ones with the best plan for America. And just because someone finds a few items on the stimulus bill that they don't agree with, they want to act as if nobody in this country could benefit from it from some level. Or is there another reason why some people started a thread about spending money on contraceptives as being a form of pork barrel spending on this forum?

But go on... show us your true intentions and root for the "failure" of the President. Hope that he indeed fucks up badly. Because if that happens we may not have much of a country left for the next person to govern.

6. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pathetic. I thought your party won... so why keep bringing this up.

I notice there's a lack of threads lauding the "stimulus bullshit" as hallmark.

It's an awful start... you know it, I know it, and the American ppl know it.

It's dire times, and we got dished this crap. Maybe a few folk here will have the balls to admit their boy fucked up... big time, out of the gate.

OOOOOOO! Are we feeling a little bit testy?

7. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

Nope. Next...

8. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    All the right wing pundits are trying to push this notion so hard, and it's getting zero traction with the vast majority of the nation (exceptions being the jersey-wearing, Republicans-are-my-team-and-I'm-sticking-with-them-come-hell-or-high-water crowd---your crowd, apparently).

Zero traction because, not only is it horseshit, but most people are over this kind of bickering. It seems to be blatantly obvious to everyone that this line of attack is tired, cynical, and lacking in efficacy. Everyone but the Republican politicians and their "base" realize that this kind of crap is not helping the country or the Republican Party.

The video nailed the bullseye. It's time for some new moves. This ship sailed a good while ago, and it's not coming back.

9. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Is the Repugnant party screaming " GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE"

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I know this much... if the GOP loses anymore seats in the house/senate in 2 years... they won't have a voice for more than a generation - its that dire for their party. They won't admit it, but Bush dismantled the Republican Party in a span of 4 years.

11. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's the one good thing he did.
    Dave

12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

13. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nick, there's a difference between sounding Republican and acting Republican. Every Republican president since Reagan has talked about smaller government and controlling spending, but they have done exactly the opposite. They talk the talk, but... no result. The one thing Daddy Bush got right, was when he said "Trickle Down theory", was "Voodoo Economics". Of course, he promptly sold out, but that's politics.

Time will tell if Obama gets the deficit spending under control. I hope he doesn't act Republican; that is, increasing spending much faster than revenue.

#13 vince, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  14. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    My "mantra" to all my Kansas Republican friends is simply, "Well -- just what DID your party DO when you had the Presidency and Congress for 6 years?" Didn't we hear all that "tax cut" crap in 2003..........and it accomplished??????????? Oh yeah --- the widening gap between the super rich and the declining middle class!

As someone stated so wisely recently, "The Republicans are MUCH more adept at criticising than they are at actually governing!" And so I for one will be happy to hear their critical banter for the next 20 years as long as they are NOT governing!!:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted