The Republican Resurgence: Assailing Obanomics

SEXXXX

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Industrial size. In your sig you write

I've always had a problem with this. If I ever became President, I wouldn't swear on the bible, I would swear on the Constitution.

Nothing against the Bible, and found nothing against Homosexuality in Christ's teachings in the new testament

In regards of separation State & Church, may I know why?

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nothing against the Bible, and found nothing against Homosexuality in Christ's teachings in the new testament

In regards of separation State & Church, may I know why?

Because if the job of the President is to "Preserve and Protect the Constitution of the United States" and the Constitution is our most sacred document as a nation, shouldn't we swear on it rather than on some unrelated tome?

If Gore had won the election in 2000, what would Lieberman have sworn on?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
we need another two years to TRULY see

are you somewhat afraid or relief?

That's the problem, all this deficit spending... and "taxing the rich" turning into taxes raised for anyone who makes over $50K will come home to roost. Stagflation or inflation... we have the new Jimmy Carter. Bush's economic policies were awful, Obama's... frankly, disasterous.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's WAY obvious Nick666 has never traveled extensively throughout Germany and Spain.

Are you entirely sure about that? I've always seen him as a reincarnated Nazi/fascist clamoring for rearmament, prosperity and the restoration of "order".

D

deleted15807

Back to Nick666's wild assertions from bits of articles: It's WAY obvious Nick666 has never traveled extensively throughout Germany and Spain. He's as clueless as a 6-week old puppy trying to cross a busy street for the first time.

The Travel Channel doesn't count?
:confused:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Still waiting for that Republican alternative, mate.
Any time now. Really. Before I turn 30, which is in another nine months (from today, actually!)

That's because there is no 'alternative' from the Reps beyond letting economic tides run roughshod over whoever isn't sufficiently wily, wealthy, or connected to wear a golden parachute.

Economic Darwinism is good for you they'll tell you as they they collect their bailout-funded bonuses while you watch your retirement plan go up in flames.

Let us not forget who led us into this mess:

http://tortiball.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/jump-you-fuckers.jpg

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's the problem, all this deficit spending... and "taxing the rich" turning into taxes raised for anyone who makes over $50K will come home to roost. Stagflation or inflation... we have the new Jimmy Carter. Bush's economic policies were awful, Obama's... frankly, disasterous.

Please. Explain to us how returning to a Clinton era tax ladder will cause stagflation like it did from 1992-2000.

Oh wait! You're going to tell us that was all because of Reagan's brilliance and was on a 4 year lag.

Horse and Sparrow* theory DOES NOT WORK! We've seen 30 years of it this go around and all it's done is enrich the few at the top and punish anyone else below.

*more commonly known as Trickle Down theory or Supply Side economics. Horse and Sparrow theory was the historical original name. The premise was that if you feed a horse enough oats, the horse will get fat and enough oats will pass through the horse and when it takes a shit, there will be some oats left over for the sparrow to feed on. The name was changed first to Trickle Down theory in the 30's and Supply Side economics more recently because Horse and Sparrow theory's description was too unappetizing. I refuse to call it anything but Horse and Sparrow theory because it is the most accurate description of how the theory works.

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As usual you are cherry picking from articles to support your agenda Nick. Anyone who reads them can see it. The stories from the WSJ are much more balanced than you let on and contain information and quotes from sources that refute your points.

Nick????'s insipid game here is to take an original article, which looks at these complicated issues in a lot more depth, and then write his own interpretation.

Actually the post is not intended as an economic analysis or statement of position.

It simply attempted a category of emerging talking points that the Republican Party may issue in their discourse with the electorate to persuade them to vote them back into power, once the intractability of a lot of our economic "structural problems" become evident.

Inter alia, a large measure of our working class will be seeing the recovery pass them by.

Is it so difficult to anticipate the consequences for the then incumbent political party?

I think not.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are we on the way to seeing the Republican Party becoming the majority political party once more?

Next thing we know you'll be telling us about how you're this ripped, hot guy who plays rugby and actually has sex. With other people, I mean. We're not buying that either.

would it help if I posted pics?:wink:

D

deleted15807

Resurgence? Funny....very funny. Some points:

• The GOP had its turn, was handed six years of unprecedented, unchecked power, and very nearly destroyed the country. Even Republican leaders now openly admit their party is a mess, shattered and gutted by Bush, will take years and decades to restore to something resembling dignity

• [SIZE=+1]T[/SIZE]he failure of the administration of George W. Bush — and the accompanying crisis of the Republican Party — has caused a political meltdown of historic proportions. In the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of September 11th, Bush enjoyed the greatest popularity ever recorded for a modern American president. Republicans on Capitol Hill, under the iron rule of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, fattened their coffers through a fearsome operation overseen by corporate lobbyists and GOP henchmen that functioned more like an empire than an old-fashioned political machine. "Republican hegemony," the prominent conservative commentator Fred Barnes rejoiced in 2004, "is now expected to last for years, maybe decades."

• No one even talks about Tom 'The Hammer' DeLay the indicted former Speaker of the House anymore and his role in effectively making the legislative branch of government which is supposed to be an equal to the executive branch subordinate to it. And people complain about Nancy Pelosi. She has a long way to go to become as corrupt as this man.

• Bush left office with the longest sustained period of public disapproval ever recorded. No president, at least in modern times — and certainly no two-term president — has risen so high only to fall so low. Indeed, Bush's standings in the polls describe one of the most spectacular flameouts in the history of the American presidency

• Republican Party platform has not deviated one centimeter from Bush's policies. In fact it's moved even further right if that's at all possible. Their policies are in lock step alignment with The Worst President in History.

Five Ways Bush Sunk the Republican Party

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
brace yourself -- the next few years under Obama will be recorded by generations hence as massive failure:

not only will Obama have failed to do anything about outsourcing, the job situation in the USA will grow even more dismal:

Temp work covers up depth of unemployment

Adding in discouraged, part-time employees almost doubles national rate

Temp work covers up depth of unemployment - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

Future of outsourcing continues to be bright: Young

AHMEDABAD: At a time US president Barack Obama has proposed changes in tax laws to curb outsourcing, visiting US economist to India Douglas J Young termed it as politics and said that future of outsourcing continues to be bright. (emphasis added)

Future of outsourcing continues to be bright: Young- ITeS-Infotech-The Economic Times

who believes those campaign promises, anyway?

continued unemployment and inflation? wasn't that what was seen under Carter? (I'll refrain from making the comparison to Carter)

The Fed also risks falling into a vicious cycle as it serves as the buyer of last resort for U.S. Treasury debt. As rate pressure rises, the Fed has to buy more Treasuries to prop up prices and keep a lid on long-term interest rates. To pay for those Treasuries, the central bank issues more Federal Reserve notes, aka cash. That extra cash increases the risk of inflation, and the cycle continues.

Rising rates could threaten recovery - Eye on the Economy

ah! but what about socialized medicine you say?
well to get that implemented Obama has to use his superb political savvy.
what political savvy, you say? well, good question:

any hope for bipartisan consensus on health care rests on an alliance between Grassley and Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont.

Obama's increased involvement appears to be diminishing chances for bipartisanship, not improving them. Grassley and other Republicans were also angered when Obama released a letter last week coming down strongly in favor of a new public insurance plan.

GOP senator irked at Obama over health care - Capitol Hill

well there's always foreign policy.
Obama has a natural way with Muslims (go figure), and the terrorists love him.
unfortunately, pretty speeches will not do the job -- certain definite action and success in his stated aims will.
but, we are dealing with Obama, and his track record and the Middle East; ah, the Middle East! does Obama really think he can put a brake on the trajectory those people are in, given the force and momentum of their history?

he will have to:

But what many in the Muslim world will be waiting to see is whether Obama delivers on expectations of a tougher U.S. stance toward Israel.
"If the Israelis continue with settlement activity and defiance and President Obama does nothing, the repercussions will be major," said Saeb Erekat, an aide to Western-backed Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. "We're at a crossroads."
While seemingly tougher on Israel than his predecessor George W. Bush, Obama has not said what, if any, action would take if Israel defies him on settlements. He also has made clear that he is not dramatically revising the fundamentals of past U.S. policy.

Militants respond positively to Obama speech - Mideast/N. Africa

realistically, though, what are the chances?
just making a pretty assertion, while enough for his left coast constituency, is not going to be enough in the ancient lands of the Middle East.

wow! look at the news sources of just one day!

D

deleted15807

The usual. Nothing but fear to sell. As Bush ran the country off the cliff they just cheered him on. :rolleyes:

Reagan Did It

D

deleted15807

Faux 'facts' straight from The Ministry of Love.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the more things "change" the more they remain the same

just as the rise of the Reagan-Thatcher conservatism was in response to the failures of the Carter Presidency, so too will the Republican Party's surge in 2012 be based on the Obama failures

speculation should be on what character will it take?

the Reagan-Thatcher brand of conservatism took the form of increased military build-up and retrenchment of the welfare state

Dismantling the welfare state ... - Google Book Search

the current triumphs of the far-right and anti-immigrant agendas in Europe, at its best, might signal a return to a focus on national character

Last edited:

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the current triumphs of the far-right and anti-immigrant agendas in Europe, at its best, might signal a return to a focus on national character

I think this may be a little bit exagerrated, don't you think? Only Holland, one of the smallest countries within the European Union, has voted far right. The majority of votes across Europe have gone to right-of-centre parties but they are by no means far right!

(I believe, as I write, not all votes have been counted so this of course could change)

B_Jordan85

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
on the contrary, I think they will be extinct for the next 12 years at least. With dingbats like gingrich, johnny the exorcist, and that prejean chick representing the same sort of views, I think a ton of republicans are going to hide under the independent title. Thank GOD!