The Republican Resurgence is Here

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Virginians elected Republican Robert F. McDonnell the Commonwealth's 71st governor Tuesday, halting a decade of Democratic advances in the critical swing state.

washingtonpost.com

Exit polls in both Virginia and New Jersey clearly cite Obanomics as their reason for the ouster of the Democratic Party

Not only that, even Hollywood has abandoned the lib's darling in a not so subtle reference equating the incumbent to the alien invaders in the new television series "V".

Like the incumbent, the invaders try to validate their presence by offering "hope" and universal health care.

Man, I haven't felt this hopeful for the future of the nation since election night, a year ago ...

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Virginians elected Republican Robert F. McDonnell the Commonwealth's 71st governor Tuesday, halting a decade of Democratic advances in the critical swing state.

washingtonpost.com

Exit polls in both Virginia and New Jersey clearly cite Obanomics as their reason for the ouster of the Democratic Party

Not only that, even Hollywood has abandoned the lib's darling in a not so subtle reference equating the incumbent to the alien invaders in the new television series "V".

Like the incumbent, the invaders try to validate their presence by offering "hope" and universal health care.

Man, I haven't felt this hopeful for the future of the nation since election night, a year ago ...
I Don't know what polls you're lookin at:
Exit Polls in Va. and N.J.: The Obama (Non) Factor?

Still, majorities of voters in both states (55 percent in Virginia and 60 percent in New Jersey) said President Obama was not a factor in their vote today.

Exit Polls in Va. and N.J.: The Obama (Non) Factor? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ham sandwich never voted to raise taxes, give away a trillion dollars in a stimulus package, take over health care.

Ham sandwich has more brains then most senators and representatives - democrat or republican.

Virginia is a traditionally red state which appears to be in the process of shifting to blue. It's not a surprise when a red state stays red.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ham sandwich never voted to raise taxes, give away a trillion dollars in a stimulus package, take over health care.

Ham sandwich has more brains then most senators and representatives - democrat or republican.

It also tastes better, unless it runs on a dijon platform. Then my vote goes to PB&J, or maybe the third party, Egg Salad!

Yeah but ham sandwich was with Mama Cass when she died and may have allegedly contributed to her death. I don't know if Sandwich can overcome the continuing rumors that he may have choked her and then used friends in high places to get it covered-up.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The race in New Jersey has nothing (or almost nothing) to do with Obama. Everyone just hates John Corzine, from what I've been able to gather in my many trips out there. The only reason anyone is voting for him is because they don't want a Republican in office, basically.

I don't know anything about Virginia's race, so I won't comment.

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How anyone can be duped by the Republican party is beyond me. They stand for nothing and have a plan for even less. And before anyone accuses me of being a liberal Democrat lets get something straight. I don't give a rat's ass what label someone gives themselves as long as they do something beneficial for the country. Hell, you can revive the fucking Wig party if you want. If you come up with a viable positive plan you've got my vote.

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
What's more likely a referendum on Republicans would be if Hoffman goes down in NY-23 which has always gone Republican since the 19th century. All the self-appointed custodians of the wingnut flame - Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, etc - were fawning all over this dude. If he loses it's not only a net gain of 1 vote in the House for Dems but a rebuff to the far right who basically ousted the Republican candidate as being too liberal...

Last edited:

The race in New Jersey has nothing (or almost nothing) to do with Obama. Everyone just hates John Corzine, from what I've been able to gather in my many trips out there. The only reason anyone is voting for him is because they don't want a Republican in office, basically.

I don't know anything about Virginia's race, so I won't comment.

Corzine is despised for playing the system with getting his girlfriend a government job, and trying to sell the state's highway system to another public agency and claiming it saved money when it didn't. Then he upped the sales tax after pledging he wouldn't. He also has some severe cases of foot-in-mouth disease. New Jersians are a fickle lot. The state has horrendous property taxes and they're trying to find a way out of that but the current program isn't enough to provide substantial help for homeowners. They also tend to turn on their governors after the first term when everything isn't made all happy and rosy. They tend to vote against people rather than for people... much like New Yorkers:wink:.

The mayoral race is obscenely close considering the massive amount Bloomie dumped into his run...

I know! Lot of people are protest voting or withholding votes for Bloomberg because they're really pissed at how he supported term limits and then pushed for legislation to get rid of them and take advantage of that repeal himself. They like Mike otherwise. He's been the same guy they've voted for the past two times but this is more of a punishment/protest thing. It like when everyone assumes that the really great dancers on Dancing With the Stars will get huge votes so they vote for the little guys and it backfires.