The Republicans & Job Creation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mensch1351, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    I guess I'm once again a little confused. Over and over and over (ad naseum I'm afraid) I hear the Republican candidates go on and on about creating jobs. Here's a chart from the Wall STreet Journal you might find interesting:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bush-on-jobs-the-worst-track-record-on-record/

(and read the chart please -- it talks about jobs created under Presidents since Truman).

Can anyone tell me given all the blah blah rhetoric why ANYONE would begin to believe that the Republicans are capable of creating jobs --- GOOD paying jobs?????

2. dude_007

Gold Member

I'm honestly at a loss why people believe much of anything from the Republican party. I mean, I'm liberal, so of course my point of view is skewed that way, but a lot of rhetoric from the Republicans is just straight up unfounded lies.

I'm sure to this day there are still Republicans who believe the President of the United States wasn't born in this country, is a Muslim and has ties to terrorism.

That alone is enough to claim the party is insane. INSANE

They also play on the public's fear, anger, and anxiety...and unfortunately that works....well.

#2 dude_007, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  3. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    so did the Nazi's

4. fldan1978

fldan1978 Member

I always thought it was up to the corporate sector to create jobs? I'm a bit new to the whole market taking a dump thing. So correct me if I'm wrong. Plus this biggest thing is that no one it talking about is Why should we have to take a physiological test just to considered for the job, and yes the test is a physiological test ask any physiotherapist.

5. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The corporate sector is reaonably intelligent in that it will not create jobs unless it has some use for those people. If it thinks they might not make money for the company then it will not employ them. The country has a different outlook. It knows that a person working for a company wasting half his time might be bad for the company but is good for the country as a whole, because he is at least doing something for half the time. A construction company will not just take on workers and start building roads without being paid for doing it. It would go broke. The country knows that everyone benefits if that road gets made and it is better that people have built a road rather than sit about doing nothing. So the country borrows to pay men to make roads. Then later it will use clever accountancy to make that debt disappear. (typically, inflation, so the value of that debt falls to nothing). Private companies will never create jobs in a recession no matter how much money a government just hands over to them.

6. Mensch1351

Gold Member

"Private companies will never create jobs in a recession no matter how much money a government just hands over to them."

I guess that also includes tax breaks!!!!!!

You see -- I have come to the stark conclusion that almost everything I heard tonite on the Republican debates is nothing but a lot of high fahluting bull puckey! "This President has NO IDEA how to create jobs!" "There are a lot of people out there hurting."
    Really???
    But these Republicans NOW, who want control back, are just NOT the same Republicans of 1994 to 2006! They are the Party of fiscal responsibility -- they are the party of great compassion, "We're going to repeal Obamacare the FIRST day we're in office!" (and replace it with what?) Just what WAS the Republican plan for healthcare from 1994 - 2006?????
    "We are the job CREATORS"! Really? Well with all those tax breaks over 10 years and now "sitting" on 2 1/2 Trillion in cash, companies have the lame excuse "we're just not SURE the future is going to be secure enough for us to hire --- we're worried about future tax HIKES!"
    And just who, WITH those tax breaks, outsourced more jobs overseas during the last 10 years than ever before??
    I wouldn't trust these Republicans with the reins of government any further than I could throw them!
    All this talk of the current incompentency of our sitting President and his lack of vision is nothing but a smoke screen of "trust us - and we'll show you!" Translation: Bend over and we'll show the average Joe American just what OUR Democracy looks like! I guess our getting screwed up the ass by Corporate America and the wealthy for the last 40 years just isn't enough to convince us!!
    And............all you have to do is look what is happening on a micro-cosmic level in states like Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida to see what THOSE Republican Governors have on their agendas to understand what the country would look like with a Republican House, Senate and White House!

7. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    The Republican's healthcare bill was: Tort Reform and cross state border insurance shopping. Basically, you're no longer allowed to sue for medical errors and you can now buy some cheap ass health insurance policy from Nevada that doesn't really cover anything.

After listening to these candidates, my head hurts... on other websites I frequent, I keep running into the amateur Republican/really immature Teapartiers, who insist that the only way to increase employment is to cut corporate and capital gains tax, and/or to remove the minimum wage.

After I explain to them that a Mcdonalds that is already running below capacity isn't going to hire anyone new if there are no new customers to serve a McBurger to, they insist that it is somehow the fault of government regulations.

If only lower quality burgers could be sold by someone making half as much salary while the owner pockets more profit, then we'd all be saved.

....except my poor head.

This is the entirety of the Republican "jobs plan": Cut corporate/personal taxes more, remove the minimum wage, remove all government regulation (EPA, FDA, Dept. of Ed.)

8. Mensch1351

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted