The Return of Man

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by Wrey, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Part 1

It is five millennia since the Diaspora. Man has spread far through the stars and prospered. When the children of Man returned whence they came, they found that time and technology had changed some far from the original sketch. Still, they are all brothers and sisters beneath the surface of appearance. Rias is a small world with little in the way of trade and commerce; still, even here there are stories to tell…

The Top, as it was known in those days, hung in orbit over the blue, green, and white globe below. It took its name from the fact that it resembled a child’s spinning toy. I had been on the station for almost a day awaiting the arrival of the cruise ship Boas. I had booked the cruise a year ago and was now finally about to get off planet. The Boas would travel out to the large gas giants, remain in orbit in the oort cloud for two days, and then swing back into the inner system. A week total. I couldn’t wait.

I was on one of the observation decks enjoying a drink and the view of Rias below me when I saw it. This was my first time off world and I had never had a chance to see an alien with my own eyes. On the holovision, of course, but never in the flesh. I was struck dumb by the sight. Taller than me, completely humanoid, copper in color. Not copper as in well tanned, but copper like the metal. It was amazing. And it was walking toward me. I had learned, like all children of Rias never to refer to an alien’s gender until one was absolutely sure of it. It looked every bit like the statue of Apollo from the central plaza cast in satin finished metal. It was beautiful. I tried my best to look casual as I leaned against the rail in front of the observation window. Taking a sip from my drink I snuck a glance again and saw that the being had ordered a drink at the bar and was walking toward me.
    “Your world is beautiful.” It said to me as it leaned against the rail. It was actually talking to me!
    “Thank you, but I didn’t really have anything to do with that.” I cringed as the lame joke hung in the air between us. The first words I had ever spoken to an alien and I would have paid dearly to take them back. I could have gone to temple when I heard the creature next me laugh good-naturedly.
    “The people of this world have a wonderfully easy sense of humor. Some humans make humor such a complicated affair. Are you male or female?” From anyone else this question would have been soul crushing, but I understood the protocol.
    “Male. And you?” Now my interest was starting to warm up.
    “Also male.” I could finally think of it as he. He took a sip from his drink and turned to face me. “Do you also await the Boas? I have been on Rias for a year, but I arrived by cryoship. There was no chance to see the planetary system. I understand the outer planets are quite beautiful.” I almost dropped my drink. This god incarnate would be on the cruise with me.
    “Yes, the Boas. This is my first time off planet.” I took a long swig of my drink to wet a suddenly dry throat. “I hope the observation decks won’t be too crowded when we get to the gas giants. I’ve seen them in holos and on the vid, but never in real life.”
    “I have first class accommodations with their own observation platforms. Stay with me.” He placed his drink beside my hand and slowly, deliberately drew his finger across my hand. Apollo’s mighty member!

2. Onslow

Gold Member

That's about when I lost interest.

3. KoolKat

KoolKat Member

Albums:
    its great, cnt wait to see where u go with it :)
    and what the alien packs hehe

4. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

Wouldn't a small world need a lot of localized trade in order to thrive?

5. B_kenetik

B_kenetik New Member

Kind of hard to read but thanks.

6. spiff0695

spiff0695 New Member

Well, i'm enjoying it...i hope you will continue.

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

nice to see someone trying something different

Wrey likes this.
  8. B.CRAZY

B.CRAZY New Member

Albums:
    Haha..I hear you.

9. crescendo69

Gold Member

This should have a double-dose of fantasy.

10. Doc

Doc New Member

Albums:
    Well I wish it was a male female thing, but hey, the creativity is noteworthy.

Keep going.

11. xaviercm20

xaviercm20 Member

Albums:
    Hey Wrey,
    You're off to a great start, with the very creative sci-fi setting. Don't make us wait too long before you pick it up again. Where does it go from here?
    More!
    X

12. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Thir installment has been posted, sorry for the delay.:biggrin1:

13. Wrey

Wrey New Member

I've been away for a long long long long time due to issues with the BF, thought I would get some further input on my little Sci-Fi venture. It's a little slow to start, but give it a chance.... :eek:)

14. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I completely agree with SP. It seems nowadays if you've read one erotic story you've read them all... but this is different, and I like it. Plus me being a sci-fi fanatic and all.

15. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted