The ridiculous 'necessity' of proof

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by kundalinikat, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kundalinikat

kundalinikat Member

I've been watching, displaying photos and occasionally writing here for a number of months and something has begun to bother me... the 'necessity' of a male LPSG member proving his worth by proving his size.
    A member posts mentioning his large penis and another member says "Where's your pics? I smell a fake. Fake fake fake... don't feed the trolls..."
    How many times have you seen a post where the first reply is "You sound fake," and the original poster replies with, "Well I'm not, and by the way you haven't answered my original question or responded to the topic I'm actually trying to discuss..."
    A recent example includes one of Trevor3's posts (in which the suspicious poster continued whining even after photographic 'evidence' was presented) and many others, from first-time posters for goodness' sake!
    My own complaint is not against the suspicion itself, but the demands for evidence to sate said suspicions. What happened to the maxim, Don't feed the trolls? If a post is obviously a troll, why not ignore it, why even breathe hot air into the fakery? Instead, we have the penis police jumping at shadows, men who already have a third leg up on the 'competition' who still apparently have something to prove by demanding 'evidence' so that the precious attention from other LPSG members towards their own phallus will not be spread too thin.
    Is it not enough to Just point out the truly obvious fakes, and give the rest the benefit of the doubt? This necessity of 'evidence' to prove the poster (often new to the board and in search of a Support Group) innocent, as if he is guilty until proven innocent. Some may say, "We've been fooled before." Of course, it's regrettable, but eventually unavoidable, and you'll be fooled again. Really, is it so important?
    Not to mention that jumping the gun on a new member when acting the penis police, to my eyes and likely to others', makes you look like a dick.
    I raise this complaint only because as I continue to notice this it interferes with my enjoyment of this community - and of course, obviously, interferes with the welcoming of new large members who are treated with suspicion until they prove their worth to the Napoleonic Penis Police.

(Did you notice that I am a photo-verified member? And why might you have checked for that?)

2. kundalinikat

kundalinikat Member

Oh and I posted in this category because it fits the bill...

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

There are a lot more issues behind the 'faking' photo problem than might at first appear. People, of course, would like the internet to be a more honest place than it is. They may feel insulted that someone they spoke to was blatantly lying to them when they discover the pics on another site. It makes honest communication difficult for the genuine net users as it fosters an air of suspicion. Everyone who posts pics on a site like this is doing it for attention, it's quite annoying when someone takes the time and trouble to post genuine pics of themselves to see some little tosspot waltz in with photos stolen from the net and get equal attention for their thievery, so to me I quite enjoy seeing them get their comeuppance.
    People on the net are excellent at spotting a fake so it really is a waste of time stealing pics, someone, somewhere will spot them.

4. Spamalot

Spamalot New Member

Albums:
    Quite honestly, people need to face the inevitability of it all. Resistance is futile. Unfortunately, people can't understand this on the internet.

I fit the bill to a certain extent in terms of being flamed - I don't exactly frequent this site, yet I claim to be moderately hung without providing any so called "proof." Apart from not owning a functional camera at the moment, I see no reason why one should even bother. People will criticize you for not having pics, and if you put pics up, they'll scream of fakery. Or, conversely, if you aren't hung/sexy, you won't get any comments at all. Or one could verify a pic, but all of this nonsense just becomes a stupid kind of vanity after a while.

Rather than accept the fact that most people on the internet are complete morons with nothing better to do than join a forum like LPSG to boast about their non-existent size in an attempt to boost their ego, people get defensive. Unfortunately, there is no way to make these people understand. They must go through an internal realization (which sounds like total bullshit, but it's true).

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

It seems like a fairly simple 3-part solution - if you don't want to be called a fake, 1) don't make claims about your size 2) don't post any photos that are not of yourself 3) just simply join in the discussions and don't worry about your own size or anyone else's size.

Unless you are posting in the "personals" section, all that size crap is just irrelevant, and if you are posting in the "personals" section, it's not too bright to make size claims you aren't willing to back up.

I appreciate the photo verified members.

There are reasons that you don't see any size claims in my profile or in my signature - mainly, it does not matter to me, and I really don't care what anyone else thinks. My erection may be 14 inches, it may be 8 inches, it may not. That's only going to matter for someone who is going to be servicing it. Those who have seen it know how big it is. Those who aren't going to see it don't need to know.

6. B_largelarry

B_largelarry New Member

The internet is full of liars and fakers. Obviously this problem occurs even more on a site like this, where you get fakes of two varieties: Guys who lie about their huge dicks, and girls who aren't really girls.

Often the so-called 'proof' isn't very conclusive, and it sometimes takes the more suspicious and eagle-eyed among us to bring it to the attention of the naive/trusting folks.

It is relatively easy to prove your reality. Take several pictures and write LPSG somewhere on your skin (not on a sign that can easily be photoshopped.) Or get briefly on webcam (not even necessarily doing anything dirty) with a trusted long-time member here. That's what I'd do if I was making claims about myself and people insisted I was full of it.

People who counter fake accusations with, "I have nothing to prove" are usually telling the truth. That is, they have nothing that they can prove.

7. Corius

Corius New Member

DC DEEP, your approach gets a loud "Amen" from me. Sex, to me, is just too personal to be reduced to size dimensions; it's properly too private to ever invite an audience. To the extent that it is possible in this medium, I delight to know more about you as a whole person and that, first and formost, includes the way you think.

That makes me very attentive to your posts when they appear. I care least about your physical, sexual endowments--I don't really need to see photos of your "equipment"--and I delight in the way your healthy mind is presented here. Thank you! And do keep challenging all of us to keep our focus more on those things that really matter.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Thanks, Corius. I'm just me. As far as the proof issue goes, I see it like this... if anyone feels the need to make the claims, they should have the proof built in. If your signature or profile claims 9X6 or 11X7, have some photos to go with it - not Photoshopped photos, not photos with a fake tape measure, not photos of someone else. If you have nothing to prove, then don't make the claims.

For those who didn't get it in my previous post, I'm secure in who I am and what I have. I don't need to prove actual stats, I don't need to claim exaggerated stats. I define my sexuality, it doesn't define me.

9. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not a computer whizz-kid by any stretch of the imagination but even I can make a photo appear as if I had writing on my skin.I don't have photoshop but it can't be easier than this.
    The best proof of size and reality is video.

10. roosevelt

roosevelt New Member

A while ago, I got an IM from a guy claiming to be 100% straight, he wanted me to chat with him, and talk about my penis size. I politely replied that I don't chat, and that I hadn't exactly measured my dick (okay, I lied, I have measured) and he didn't respond back (what a relief!)

I don't post my size because the exact measurements are pretty irrelevent to my conversations here. I'm above average, that's enough to know.

I think there was only one post when I arrived that was a little bit accusatory, but since I'd never posted measurements, it passed unnoticed.

11. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

It's not ridiculous, it's not a necessity, and it has nothing to do with worth. It has to do with n00bs who think that they can toss outrageous lies to people who know a bit more about the subject than most.

12. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have nothing to prove. I'm very comfortable with the size of my cock. If you don't like it, tough.

13. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

You had ample opportunity and encouragement to show me your cock when you were a guest in my home. You chose not to show. I'll believe it when I actually see it.

You sure have a cute butt, though.

14. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oops. Nevermind. Thought I was on my NIC_160IQ account. :biggrin1:

15. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

You dont have to show anything if you dont want to. That's what is great about this place. Show everything or nothing. I think the thoughts of a person are more important anyway.:cool:

16. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

I was gonna respond to this but Princess you said it all. And said it all very well.

17. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    This issue comes up so often it should have it's own forum. I have a headache just thinking about forming a reply, but here goes.

With Pics

Photoshop or photo thieves.

For those who are able to spot altered photos, power to you. Mention it if you feel that the compulsion is too much to contain.

For those who are able to locate the pics on another site, bravo. All you've proven is that the pics are being used in more than one place. Share that if you feel the burning need to do so. However, unless you can prove that they are not the same person and that they are not the originators of the image, calling someone a fake is premature. No kudos for that.

Without Pics

It goes both ways. No one is required to provide photographic proof whether they claim a particular size or not. At the same time, no one is required to believe anyone elses claim without proof.

The person claiming their size may possibly be an idiot who isn't or hasn't got what they claim to be or have. Most of us will likely take their posts with a grain of salt. In my view, though, those that feel the need to shout those people down as fakes based solely on the fact that they haven't posted pics are proving themselves to be idiots and bullys in a very public way. I know there are some claims that are truly ludicrous, and I'll roll my eyes along with everyone else, I'll even join in as these frequently devolve into joke threads. But on the whole, is anyone genuinely offended by being told a size they may not believe? Unless I have actual plans to give a fuck, I don't give a fuck. You know?

I know I find it irritating and disruptive to read though a thread created for a specific purpose only to have it highjacked by another for the purpose of calling a poster out for fakery. I'm sure there are many who wish these people would just let it drop, I know I do. But I've learned to accept that there are people who feel that they have a superior ability to sniff out fakes (esp? intuition? who knows), and insist on posting about it to recieve the recognition due for these dubious talents.

Handy translation guide for those who don't post pics.

You must post pics = I want to see your pics
    We need to see your pics = I want to see your pics
    I don't believe your claim = I want to see your pics

18. Corius

Corius New Member

UNCUT, you are so right on that. We all bring to this site our own set of "dos" and "don'ts" and I like it that way.

19. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bliss, I literally lol'd when I saw this...

20. Fireballs

Fireballs New Member

Any jerk can say,
    "my dick is ten inches long."
    And many jerks have.

So, I understand
    why people are suspicious
    about claims like that.

Still, folks jump the gun.
    The ones who scream for photos:
    "put up or shut up"?

Assholes. That's the truth.