The Rutting Season

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Rutting Season
Rut (mammalian reproduction)
The rut is the mating season of ruminant animals such as deer, sheep, elk, moose, caribou, ibex, goats, pronghorn and Asian and African antelope. During the rut (also known as the rutting period, and in sheep sometimes as tupping), males often rub their antlers or horns on trees or shrubs, fight with each other, wallow in mud or dust, and herd estrus females together.
The rut in many species is triggered by a shortening of the length of daylight hours each day. The timing of the rut for different species depends on the length of their gestation period (length of pregnancy), usually occurring so the young are born in the spring, shortly after new green growth has appeared (which provides food for the females, allowing them to provide milk for the young), and when the temperatures are warm enough that the young will not die of hypothermia.

I didn't realize this was the rutting season until I read the post, of a friend, in Jersey, on Face Book. Apparently this explains why there have been so many large and small animals committing hari-kari on local roads and highways. I swear the road to I-20, has been like a carrion slalom the last three weeks.

I wonder if it's all mammals that have a tendency to want to mate this time of year? I know I have been particularly horny of late. :naughty: Maybe it's just a primal need. :wink:

Anybody else in the mood to rut about? :flirt:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Rutting Season
Rut (mammalian reproduction)

I didn't realize this was the rutting season until I read the post, of a friend, in Jersey, on Face Book. Apparently this explains why there have been so many large and small animals committing hari-kari on local roads and highways. I swear the road to I-20, has been like a carrion slalom the last three weeks.

I wonder if it's all mammals that have a tendency to want to mate this time of year? I know I have been particularly horny of late. :naughty: Maybe it's just a primal need. :wink:

Anybody else in the mood to rut about? :flirt:

I think most mammals' mating season is around this time of year. That's because births in the spring are more likely to survive (because of weather conditions, etc.)

However, MY "mating season" is all year round! :biggrin1:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For the last several years now my rutting season has been in the stickiest, hottest parts of late spring and early summer, when the outside air in tropical South Florida feels pretty much exactly like a steambath. Autumn is when my libido cools down.

bld_64

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Every day feels like rutting season to me. Some times I wish I could confine that feeling to just one part of each year - I get a lot more accomplished.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Every day feels like rutting season to me. Some times I wish I could confine that feeling to just one part of each year - I get a lot more accomplished.

Yeah, I know THAT feeling! I especially hate it when my libido makes it difficult to concentrate on work! :mad:

And the thing is, this is one of the ways in which being a straight woman with traditionally male interests can be both a blessing and a curse. In most of my jobs and groups of my interests (both career-related and hobbies), I'm surrounded by men, and often very few other women. It can be fun, especially if the men are attractive, but at the same time it can be a curse at work if I'm surrounded by attractive men and am paying more attention to that than I am on my job! :eek:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I know THAT feeling! I especially hate it when my libido makes it difficult to concentrate on work! :mad:

And the thing is, this is one of the ways in which being a straight woman with traditionally male interests can be both a blessing and a curse. In most of my jobs and groups of my interests (both career-related and hobbies), I'm surrounded by men, and often very few other women. It can be fun, especially if the men are attractive, but at the same time it can be a curse at work if I'm surrounded by attractive men and am paying more attention to that than I am on my job! :eek:

Ditto, my problem with working around attractive & or nice men is that I can become easily aroused and end up with damp panties. :redface:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ditto, my problem with working around attractive & or nice men is that I can become easily aroused and end up with damp panties. :redface:

Heehee... you'd have a problem with where I work now! :biggrin1: Out of 15 people in the department where I work, there are only two women (one other besides me) - and most of the men are in their twenties. I'm a kid in a (eye) candy store! :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I don't shit where I eat so I consider my coworkers to be gender neutral.
We'll make raunchy suggestions at one another and discuss topics that would be right at home on this site but there's no arousal involved.

My rutting season occurs around my period. Hormones surge and I'm ready to rape someone.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't shit where I eat so I consider my coworkers to be gender neutral.
We'll make raunchy suggestions at one another and discuss topics that would be right at home on this site but there's no arousal involved.

My rutting season occurs around my period. Hormones surge and I'm ready to rape someone.

True that...

I enjoy the eye candy at work, but I won't date co-workers (plus, where I work, it's not allowed - if two people start dating, one of them is sent to work at another location). Now, groups of people with my hobbies are fair game!!! I'm one of a very few women in the astronomy club here, but unfortunately most of the men there are old enough to be my father. That's out of my dating-age range and I'm almost never attracted to men that old. (Now young enough to be my son is a different story! As long as they aren't underage, of course! I like guys in their twenties... Oh yeah!!! But I like guys in their thirties and forties, and sometimes fifties too. Sixties and older are too old for me, although that'll change as I get older, I'm sure.)