The S.S.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It has come to light that rumsfeld has an itelligence department at the Pentagon which is completely "off line", meaning no congressional or budget oversight. It seems that it basically exists as a spy/covert/suspicious activities and God knows what else department to "make sure the military and the administration (?) has the proper and correct intelligence information."

Guess what this little department is called........"Special Services"

S.S.

Ring any bells with anybody but me? I think I hear the black hellicopters hovering over my roof.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Pecker, darling? It's from the Bush administration. These are the people who confused "Israel" with "Iraq" on WMDs, and confused "Saudi Arabia" with "Iraq" on ties to Osama bin Ladin.

Now, by contrast, Clinton was literally obsessed with Osama bin Ladin. He actually put out an order to assassinate him. :excl: Of course, at the time, Hannity was pissin' and moanin' about how the CIA can't assassinate heads of state, conveniently forgetting that Osama wasn't a head of state.

carolinacurious:
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Jan 31 2005, 04:46 AM
It has come to light that rumsfeld has an itelligence department at the Pentagon which is completely "off line", meaning no congressional or budget oversight. It seems that it basically exists as a spy/covert/suspicious activities and God knows what else department to "make sure the military and the administration (?) has the proper and correct intelligence information."

Guess what this little department is called........"Special Services"

S.S.

Ring any bells with anybody but me? I think I hear the black hellicopters hovering over my roof.
[post=278959]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe the Secret Service better fits the bill for the S.S. to which you refer.

Not that the new one isn't scary or anything.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Jan 31 2005, 04:46 AM

[post=278959]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me just grab that one statement about a department existing to "make sure the military and the administration (?) has the proper and correct intelligence information." And why exactly would that be a problem? Don't you want them to have the correct information? Even if you are 100% against the current administration wouldn't you want the best possible information collecting to be done? If it is done now then not only does our current administration have access to what is going on but so will the next administration. An administration composed of whoever they might be, will have readily accessible at their fingertips the latest facts and isn't that part of what helps keep The United States safe? Or are you suggesting we all bury ourselves deep in the ground and pretend that every think is perfect?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
If Secy. Rumsfeld needs to use his own covert ops in Iraq, so be it. The only civil rights affected are those of insurgents and terrorists.

Sure, it may be shortcutting the chain of command but, like I said, whatever works against those bastards.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@Jan 31 2005, 08:43 AM
Don't worry, I doubt Stars of David will be brought back into fashion.

Most likely moons, but not stars.
[post=278990]Quoted post[/post]​
That's funny, if you ask any Jew they will tell you that The Star Of David has never gone out of fashion.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You approve of a covert secret police with no oversight??????? The "new" Special Services (S.S.) has no boundries. This development on top of the rights you have already lost?????? A government with the ability to read your mail, your email, listen to your phone conversations, monitor the books you check out of the library, magazine subscriptions, follow all your financial transactions, travel patterns, websites you visit, your friends, family, workplace and even what you buy with your credit cards?????????? It's all legal you know, just based on the fact that they "claim" national security and that you "might" be a risk!!!!!!!!

BTW, the Star of David got several thousand (hundreds of thousands) of people murdered. Then, there were the "pink triangles" who were slaughtered, but they didn't matter either.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The "Homeland"
Fatherland
"Homeland Security"
Gestapo
"Special Services"
Secret Police

In 1936, the Gestapo Law meant that the activities of the Gestapo were free from any review by courts of law. This law effectively meant that the Gestapo became a law unto themselves. This non-uniformed branch of the SS became justifiably feared just as the visible presence of the black uniformed SS men did. Himmler's view on the SS was simple. In 1943 he said:

"We have always selected the highest and abandoned the lowest. As long as we maintain this principle, the Order (the SS) will remain healthy. After the war, we shall really build up our Order......it will provide Germany with an elite. This elite will provide leaders to industry, agriculture and politics and the activities of the mind."

Who would get arrested ?

The list was intentionally expansive. Anybody considered to be a political threat was arrested;

those who made jokes about the Nazi Party were also arrested (jokes about Hitler were punished with death);

the "work shy" were also arrested (this fitted in exactly with Hitler’s plan to reduce unemployment as an unemployed person would be offered work at a Labour Exchange and if they refused it as too menial for them, they would be arrested as work shy.

As no-one in concentration camps counted as unemployed, the figures for unemployment had to come down;

"Bibelforscher’s" were also arrested (these were people who would only seek guidance from the Bible and rejected all Nazi ideas and they also refused to do military service);

homosexuals were also arrested and the SS used this as a common tactic to discredit someone.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Iraq had some bad apples all right. But if we go to war against every country that desn't meat OUR standards we will certainly go bankrupt and evenutally be defeated in war.

Interesting fact I just found out Brown and Root is a subsidiary of Hailburtan. It was during the Vietnam War that Brown and Root was critisized. Two wars a full gneration apart, and two different political parties; both wars involved a businessman from Texas as President with family and close friends having stock in a business that benefited directly through government contracts; many signed into agreement without going through the process of bidding. And it was the very same company! Makes a person really wonder.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Onslow and Pecker, I do agree with your sentiment, "anything that works against those bastards", but I just don't share your trust of this administration. As Kinkguy so aptly pointed out, unbridled power in the hands of men who have already proven themselves to be governed by self-interest is the last thing I want, especially in light of the current trend toward fundamentalism we are currently undergoing. Here's a test- see if you would feel the same way if it was the true believers in the Bible who had been under attack by this administration rather than homosexuals. Defending someone's rights doesn't mean you agree with them, it means you want to the freedom to exist YOURSELF unmolested in our society, which is indeed worth fighting for. In this internal war, the lines are being blurred to the point that the average Amreican simply doesn't know what's going on. Soundbytes reassure him that bush is a man of God, but reality is playing a very small role in all this. Yes, SS is very reminiscent of what we are going through, and like in the days of Hitler, many who are offering support now may be singing a different tune when it is no longer possible to ignore what our nation has become.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I just can't fathom this conspiracy-theory mindset that seems to make the current administration so threatening.

Why do you insist on turning a weapon of war (covert ops) against the people who are wielding it? Do you really, deep down, believe that the Bush Administration is out to get you?

I guess, if the USA were to build a great wall to keep the bad guys out, half of us would be relieved.

The other half, however, would fuss and fume that the wall was actually a govenment scheme to keep us inside.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really, deep down, believe that the bush administration has no respect or interest in maintaining my personal freedoms. I truly believe they will stop at nothing to advance their own agandas, which have everything to do with increasing their own personal wealth and nothing to do with protecting the US population as a whole. I reject wholesale the notion that we are in Iraq to help the poor Iraqi citizens, and just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get us. Time will tell, and it's starting to already. I'm just going to sit back and laugh as this administration's leaders wreck our nation, as my sincerest attempts to vote them out were overridden by forces not legal in our country. I respect your right to feel differently, but two elections in a row is enough evidence for me.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Feb 1 2005, 12:41 PM
I just can't fathom this conspiracy-theory mindset that seems to make the current administration so threatening.
[post=279327]Quoted post[/post]​
Two elections with massive irregularities, lying about weapons, lying about connections between Iraq and Al Qaeda, obstructing the Congressional 9/11 Commission, indefinite detainments, laws saying they can check which library books you borrowed without your consent . . .

Pick your reason.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Freddie53@Feb 1 2005, 01:03 AM
Interesting fact I just found out Brown and Root is a subsidiary of Hailburtan. It was during the Vietnam War that Brown and Root was critisized.
[post=279211]Quoted post[/post]​

And guess who originally owned Brown and Root during the Viet Nam era?

Lady Bird Johnson.

Do the math folks.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Feb 1 2005, 08:41 PM
I guess, if the USA were to build a great wall to keep the bad guys out, half of us would be relieved.

The other half, however, would fuss and fume that the wall was actually a govenment scheme to keep us inside.
I think that this sums up the great Republican/Democrat divide.

For one group only guns and physical barriers [think Maiginot Line] are protection; for the other, civil liberties are under attack.

Maybe, both are correct. It is interesting that for one group the 2d Amendment is the only one worth paying lip service to....and that refers only to an armed state militia and not the promise of an AK-47 in every closet.

jay

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the Maginot Line, Great Wall of China, etc. only create a false sense of security.

Jon (Damn Mongorians!)

pdrprst:
Originally posted by jay_too+Feb 2 2005, 12:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay_too &#064; Feb 2 2005, 12:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Feb 1 2005, 08:41 PM

For one group only guns and physical barriers [think Maiginot Line] are protection; for the other, civil liberties are under attack.

Maybe, both are correct. It is interesting that for one group the 2d Amendment is the only one worth paying lip service to....and that refers only to an armed state militia and not the promise of an AK-47 in every closet.

jay
[post=279424]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

For a long time I would have agreed with the above statement that both parties represented equally valid viewpoints, even if they differed significantly from my own, What scares me are: violations of the Geneva convention and basic human decency being committed in the name of the US, unprovoked invasions that endanger our citizenry and national financial wellbeing, and telling me that a god I don&#39;t believe in will help us win a war against an enemy we haven&#39;t effectively attacked in two invasions (note: the terrorists are mobile enough to leave when they hear the planes coming, the citizens get fucked. If you don&#39;t believe me, then tell me who would be the first one out of your town in a war, you with the job, family and mortgage, or the kinda crazy guy who hangs out on the streetcorner yelling at strangers about Jesus?).

Personally, I think all the Ammendments are important, but the 2nd needs some tweaking. Everyone should bear arms except religious fanatics. I don&#39;t care if you are a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, or Buddhist whether your name is Osama, Sharon, or W. If you believe that you can kill in the name of your god, then you ought to be kept away from firearms and sharp objects.

In tough times dissidence is patriotism.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by jay_too+Feb 2 2005, 12:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay_too &#064; Feb 2 2005, 12:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Feb 1 2005, 08:41 PM

jay
[post=279424]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
AK47s are the best weapons on Earth though&#33; I really don&#39;t get what&#39;s the deal about them. Besides the terroirsts aren&#39;t buying "made in America" equipment. Heck, even our nutcases don&#39;t buy British&#33;