The safest way to wash downstairs?

Trackers: I've tried washing downstairs with just water, because I was always afraid of suffering from the dreaded stinging feeling, from using anything else . And I found out that water is just not enough. I was wondering what is the safest way to wash down there other than water? Guys and girls are welcome to reply.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Considering your potentially sensitive body chemistry, there's two good words to consider: mild and free.

Take a stroll down your body wash and soaps aisle and check for products that specifically say "mild" or for products that are fragrance-free, dye-free. It doesn't hurt to scan the ingredient labels either. If it's got a ton of letters and sounds like a harsh chemical, it probably is and the latest thing you want to do is irritate your sensitive skin there.

The only brand that comes to mind for me is Dove. It's made with more moisturizing agents than your traditional soap.

Honestly though, take some time to scout online for some friendlier feminine products. If you've got the budget for it, I have a friend online who sells [link=http://www.hysterix.org]purely organic soaps[/link]. She might have a recommendation for you, too.

sammygirly: Actually, water is all you really need and all that's really reccomended ;D

There's a natural chemistry to things down there that can be disturbed easily and actually goes a long way to taking care of things "down there" all by itself. Dee's suggestion is a good one if you feel you need more, less is better. Douching is still way up high on my list of things NOT to do. Beyond that there are products designed specifically for vaginal cleaning (even to go so far as a vaginal deoderant, altho this whole concept seems silly to me)

It's my opinion that we, as women, have been taught to believe that we smell down there, that the vaginal area is unclean and unfresh and that's what leads us to this need to wash and wash and wash an area that...to be frank....doesn't really need it all that much.

AnonyMs: Sweetest Trackers:

If you are concerned because you are experiencing an unusual discharge or a very strong odor, go see your GYN doc. S/he can advise you best on what you might need.

Trackers: Thank you Dee for your advice. Dove soap sounds like a good idea. Infact thank you everybody so far that has replied.

AnonyMs: You were right about the odour at least. It really does bug me.