The Secrets of Gay Super Couples

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by flame boy, May 21, 2009.

1. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I thought this article was really interesting, it comprises of a list of 10 traits which help make a gay relationship strong and long lasting.

Mamba Online - Secrets of Gay-Super Couples.

What do you guys think?

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Nice ten rules, guess they are right, but you can use them in every relationship I think :smile:

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Very nicely written, I think that these points are exactly what are responsible for making my partner and I successful in our lives with each other.

4. flame boy

I'm glad its not just me who thinks these "rules" are really well written and thought out. I talked through the list with my mister and we agreed that every one was exactly right and each point was appropriate to our relationship.

5. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks, flame boy, for sharing that piece of information. I think those rules paint a nice mental picture of how successful any relationship can be and how to go about achieving it. Communicate with each other, play with one another, have support, don't lie to each other, etc. All of those rules are very sound.

6. matticus201

matticus201 Member

Albums:
    It is a great article. I find it interesting though, as several others that have commented, that these ten rules would greatly enhance the chances of any relationship, either gay or straight.

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Flame Boy-- I think that article resonates with a lot of people (either gay or straight) who have had successful relationships. I think this one is key in any relationship (Although I feel that all of the points are equally valid and important):

8. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

except for the sex part, sounds like friendship

9. flame boy

I totally agree with you guys, it's not just rules for a gay relationship - the rules aren't specific for just gay couples. When reading it through I found myself identifying with many of the traits, especially, as Lex pointed out, the part about sex and the conflict/resolve issue.

Also the comment about the rules sounding like a friendship but with sex, isn't that how a relationship should be? I know that my bestest buddy in the whole wide world is also someone I happen to ride like a stallion! :p

10. larocca

larocca New Member

Albums:
    I would SO love to find someone like that. I think it's my new mission in life.

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I truly believe there is someone out there for each of us. I know I have found the man of my dreams and darkest fantasies. My only advice would be to continually work on yourself and strive to be the person you want to attract.

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interesting.

I always maintained that partnerships are actually a triad made of three separate but equal members: you, the other, and the relationship itself. There are times when the needs of the relationship trumps the needs of either individual.

The partnerships in my life collapsed when that simple philosophy was violated, and compromise for the good of the relationship failed. It's an incredibly difficult thing to actualize in real life.

13. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    My man and I have just reaches our 3 year anniversary recently, I definitely agree with these 10.

Arguments are a result of a lack of communication somewhere..... share everything that's on your mind. Those 10 are very relevant, thank you flame boy.

14. luka82

Gold Member

oh,i wonna have a BF,OINK!

15. erratic

Gold Member

That's my boyfriend and I to a tee :D

Those ten points could also form the opening chapter of a couples therapy manual. In fact, I think they do...

Draft saved Draft deleted