The Shallow-Deep Thrusting Technique: Yay or Nay?

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw this and thought I'd gather some opinions from the folks here:

Tantra and Kama Sutra Sex Positions – “Shallow-Deep Thrusting Technique” | Ask About Love and Sex | Your relationship, love and sex questions answered

I've done this for years, but mostly because the thickest part of my cock is the area right behind my glans. It's kind of a baseball bat shape, so I like straining my wife's pussy wherever she squeezes me the most. Sometimes when she cums, her muscles contract close to the entrance. That's when I give her some shallow strokes to counter her squeezes. Sometimes the area right before her deep spot feels like there's a knot that needs to be kneaded, so I fixate on that area.

Anyone else have a similar technique?

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I love to do this! But different women respond differently... The timing has to be right too, it's a small thin line between anticipation and frustration, between tension and boredom. The 9 to 1 is just a guideline too, feel free to experiment and find your (and your partner's) own rhythm.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm with you RawDog. Shallow strokes can be heaven. I like adding a slow hip gyration so the glans/corona is massaging her g-spot in a circular motion, then alternating going deeper and continue grinding, mashing pelvises, with a more exaggerated gyration. The pressure against her is sweet. Slipping against her clenching vaginal walls resistance as she bears down. Ahhhh. :tongue: Breath technique is good to get close to orgasm, but delay it. Edging. We can keep this up a long time. It builds toward an incredible finish for me.

I saw this and thought I'd gather some opinions from the folks here:

Tantra and Kama Sutra Sex Positions – “Shallow-Deep Thrusting Technique” | Ask About Love and Sex | Your relationship, love and sex questions answered

I've done this for years, but mostly because the thickest part of my cock is the area right behind my glans. It's kind of a baseball bat shape, so I like straining my wife's pussy wherever she squeezes me the most. Sometimes when she cums, her muscles contract close to the entrance. That's when I give her some shallow strokes to counter her squeezes. Sometimes the area right before her deep spot feels like there's a knot that needs to be kneaded, so I fixate on that area.

Anyone else have a similar technique?

Last edited:

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, it is good technique as long as you are really reading you partner and teasing her just the right amount.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm with you RawDog. Shallow strokes can be heaven. I like adding a slow hip gyration so the glans/corona is massaging her g-spot in a circular motion, then alternating going deeper and continue grinding, mashing pelvises, with a more exaggerated gyration. The pressure against her is sweet. Slipping against her clenching vaginal walls resistance as she bears down. Ahhhh. :tongue: Breath technique is good to get close to orgasm, but delay it. Edging. We can keep this up a long time. It builds toward an incredible finish for me.

Rawbone, stop with the frustrating sexiness!!!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Rawbone, stop with the frustrating sexiness!!!

Hah! Suffah baby. Suffah!

With the partners I play with, their orgasms can sometimes develop with either deep or shallow stroking, it's unpredictable, which makes it even more fun for us. Going for predictable is sometimes just too easy. (I know you have a need for deeper vagina stimulation from your post history, so I presume you read the frustration factor from that lens of experience. I use it for control too, if I feel like it. Is evil, I tell ya!!!! That gasp she gives out, the whites of the widened eyes and the flailing extremities response can be so rewarding when the withheld deep thrust is finally delivered.

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Um, I think I need to go take care of something right now.....

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nay!!! Unless you frustrating me has a purpose. Seriously, I find shallow fucking immensely frustrating. Which is precisely why my FB does it.

Believe it or not, I knew you'd hate it when I was just reading the article. You know you're one of my favorite deep spot grinders. By the way, I don't blame your FB for inflicting that on you. :biggrin1:

I love to do this! But different women respond differently... The timing has to be right too, it's a small thin line between anticipation and frustration, between tension and boredom. The 9 to 1 is just a guideline too, feel free to experiment and find your (and your partner's) own rhythm.

Definitely agree on all the points. I don't really time it though. If we do a lot of deep impact strokes, I suddenly, abruptly change it when she least expects it. I don't stop doing this until she's on the verge of slapping me. (She has kicked me, giddiyup fashion)

Ok, that does it. I'm converting. You are my new god. :smile: Excellent description.

As a treat to mix things up, sure. Definitely not a mainstay though.

Oh, definitely. The nerves re-sensitize when we do this. Sometimes the long sawing strokes from tip to base, back and forth, acclimates our nerves. The short nudge fucking changes things up which makes the long sawing strokes even better once we get back to it.

Yes, it is good technique as long as you are really reading you partner and teasing her just the right amount.

Bingo. I've done this, ended with a deep deep push and hold into a full blown orgasm for her.

Only for teasing purposes or to back off when she needs a short break from deep. My wife needs it deep to come. My dick is thickest at base.

Oh yeah, the base. Definitely another bonus area. I need to get another article for 'ya!

We all know you're a big tease. Trouble is... that sort of thing works better than most would think. :wink:

I love your almost cryptic teasing replies!! You need to expand on this, please?

simbablk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nay!!! Unless you frustrating me has a purpose. Seriously, I find shallow fucking immensely frustrating. Which is precisely why my FB does it.

LOL! I was gonna say that! I remember not doing it this way but only doing shallow thrusts the whole time. She didn't say anything, she just parted her legs as wide as she could - grabbed my ass and pulled me into her while letting out a grunt of relief as I filled her. I would do that TO frustrate her but also to make her really WANT my dick inside her.

Simba

orbit03

Just Browsing
Media
I read about that technique a while ago as a way to increase endurance. Except you use a pattern like so:
9 shallow - 1 deep
8 shallow - 2 deep
7 shallow - 3 deep
etc. until you are at 10 deep. rinse repeat.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hah! Suffah baby. Suffah!

With the partners I play with, their orgasms can sometimes develop with either deep or shallow stroking, it's unpredictable, which makes it even more fun for us. Going for predictable is sometimes just too easy. (I know you have a need for deeper vagina stimulation from your post history, so I presume you read the frustration factor from that lens of experience.

*nods head vigourously* Deepness please! Every part of me craves that deepness.

I use it for control too, if I feel like it. Is evil, I tell ya!!!! That gasp she gives out, the whites of the widened eyes and the flailing extremities response can be so rewarding when the withheld deep thrust is finally delivered.

Are you sure it wasn't me you were having sex with? :tongue: My FB particularly loves it when my eyes start rolling back in my head.

Evil, wonderful, controlling bastards :biggrin1:.

Believe it or not, I knew you'd hate it when I was just reading the article. You know you're one of my favorite deep spot grinders. By the way, I don't blame your FB for inflicting that on you. :biggrin1:

You know me too well!

*wriggles a bit closer to get you just that little bit deeper*

I think it's a love-hate thing. I hate it, really passionately hate it. But I LOVE the control factor. Makes me melt in floatyness when he finally lets me have what I want.

LOL! I was gonna say that! I remember not doing it this way but only doing shallow thrusts the whole time. She didn't say anything, she just parted her legs as wide as she could - grabbed my ass and pulled me into her while letting out a grunt of relief as I filled her. I would do that TO frustrate her but also to make her really WANT my dick inside her.

Simba

Oh gosh, I don't need help with the wanting! Believe me, the wanting is at 100% before I even start.

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
This is a technique? I thought this was just extended foreplay. I'll put a good 20 bucks on this having been developed from a large member-ed guy trying not to hurt their lover/sex partner during the first time.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have done something close to that with a lot of gals, and now with my wife.I'm about 6.50" thick. I do this for awhile, but eventuallly the wife grabs my ass and shoves me in balls deep. from there I use a very short, rapid stroke and she cums in about a minute or less. she says she enjoys everything I do, but eventually she says she just wants my big cock jammed in her, really likes being "stuffed". she told me she never ran across a big fat cock until me, and that sex feels different and wonderful with me. must be true, been married 30+ yrs.

simbablk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh gosh, I don't need help with the wanting! Believe me, the wanting is at 100% before I even start.

Well, I love penetrating as deep as I can and as deep as the woman can take it. So now that I know how you like it, I'll remember to NEVER fuck you with shallow strokes :kiss:

Simba