the shitty way society treats male victims of sexual abuse.

voyeurgirl69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think most times its because they think it makes a man out of you to have sex if it is abuse by a woman (which is crap). I had a friend who was being stalked by a chick and the cops laughed at him (also crap)

monel

Sexy Member
Media
There is certainly a double standard when it comes to sexual abuse but I think it stems from societal attiitudes. Particularly with adolescent abuse, society views female virginity as something to keep while male virginity should be shed quickly. As a result, when an adolescent boy is abused at the hands of an older woman it is considered a badge of honor. The majority reaction is "lucky him". However a similar aged boy or girl who is abused by a man is met with the condemnation it deserves. Generally society plays lip service to each case being treated the same but practically that is not the case. I don't think its likely to change too soon either.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media

That's sick & sad. That's Cougars for you, or dirty old women as they should be called.

I remember the CharlotteChurchisLegal site, which had a countdown clock to her 16th birthday, but no one actually would go & wave at her, & certainly not in packs!

The Bieber thing was just paedophilia, & the Twilight thing doesn't look much better.

Then again, if someone's legal, they're legal - it's not like we have any adult taboos now. I would hope though that any school would sift for any unnatural (whoops, I'm being intolerant, scratch that) - any obsessive fandom of youth icons in their prospective teaching staff.

Here's a current case

Ohio judge orders mental exam in teacher sex case - FoxNews.com

I think she's not only pleading temporary insanity, brought on by her mental condition (through drinking lots, pills, & probably horny as hell), but she also might say that the schoolboys took advantage of this condition!

Is "I got a little high" a defence?

playerclient

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You have no idea how much you have helped me put a name to something! I've struggled to describe the behaviour of a certain person for just this reason. Thank you for posting about this.

Wow, I had no idea my post could help someone else. But I know that covert abuse in all forms is not well understood, recognized, or known by many people. Thank you for your reply. Apologies for the late reply.

It sounds like you've been through much worse than I have, but it seems that I do have some experience of covert abuse. PM me if you ever want to talk.

I will.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ym. I hate to say how many people I know both male and female who've been at the mercy of another. I wish I could say that I thought our society will become less tolerant of deviant behavior in the future, but I honestly think it's only going to get worse with all of the cutbacks we're looking at right now. I also wish I could say I wasn't among the people that it happened to, but I can't. Hugs to everyone.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
As a man who was sexually harassed, groped, and other disgusting things, I can tell you that society in the USA does not protect men. I filed multiple complaints against a female coworker, and nothing was done to her. If it had been the other way around, I'd have been fired, and faced prosecution.

Mal_the_Wolf

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it's a major pet hate of mine.

the lack of sympathy, the woefully inadequate (or often non-existent) support services, the implication that they are less of a man, the assumption that they must have enjoyed it.

female victims get a bum deal but male victims get it much, much worse.

thoughts?

Its an issue of masculinity and the things it can effect. There is obviously the issue of how it reverses ones sexual standing which we base most of our initial perceptions of people on,
To be penetrated or dominated is the opposite of masculinity be it conceptual or not. And the majority of homophobics (religious nuts aside) have an issue with the act of a man being "fucked" by another man makes him less of one.

Victims of molestation are seen as genderless at the time, but as adults they are seen as different and there for cause us alarm, its a basic reflex. We recognize reptiles on sight as different and in most cases dangerous and puppies inspire the want to hold and defend. there's also an evolutionary response that makes many people uneasy when dealing with psychopaths with out being told. being killed can't make you a killer but being raped or molested can, and often dose, make you a victimizer and Women for a myriad of reasons rarely become sexual predators.

Instinct and emotion combined with public reaction cause the greatest suffering, the tragic reality is, IT IS....... You're one of the smartest people here, but that doesn't mean the people here are smart. A person an be compassionate, people never will be.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow, I had no idea my post could help someone else. But I know that covert abuse in all forms is not well understood, recognized, or known by many people.

Sharing is a wonderful thing :smile:. There is so much potential for a shared story to help people, both the teller of the story and others.

Thank you for your reply.

You're welcome :smile:.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a bump, for new faces and new subject matter.
http://www.lpsg.org/79007-fondling-sucking-a-sleeping-guy.html
^^this thread, wanking over something that is illegal, abusive and damaging. i replied to that thread and mentioned that being a victim of this contributed to a friend's suicide attempt.
i think this sort of abuse is especially damaging as it can be so easily dismissed by others as harmless fun, and because it is often a betrayal of trust by someone you trusted enough to fall asleep near.

would the same thread be allowed to remain were it's victims female? is this an example of societies double standards?