the shitty way society treats male victims of sexual abuse.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LPSG jus proved it!A a thread about females being fondled while asleep got deleted in less than 48 hours.Yet it's still ok to talk about doing this to a male?WOW

Ass covering!

Now the other thread is gone,we can't get turned by fondling males now!

Explain don't hide.:wink:

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's not just male victims of abuse that get a shit deal.

When males are victims of pretty much anything, society doesn't care.

Roughly 100% of work related fatalities are men. 90% of the homeless are men. 80% of suicides are men.

Male health is also neglected, with female health concerns given astronomically greater attention. 100 times the amount is spent on research into breast cancer, compared to prostate cancer, even though they kill in equal numbers - the only difference being that breast cancer kills women, and prostate cancer kills men.

This video goes into some detail into how neglected men are when it comes to health, compared to women.

48: Misandry - Health - YouTube

Last edited:

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's not just male victims of abuse that get a shit deal.

When males are victims of pretty much anything, society doesn't care.

Roughly 100% of work related fatalities are men. 90% of the homeless are men. 80% of suicides are men.

Male health is also neglected, with female health concerns given astronomically greater attention. 100 times the amount is spent on research into breast cancer, compared to prostate cancer, even though they kill in equal numbers - the only difference being that breast cancer kills women, and prostate cancer kills men.

This video goes into some detail into how neglected men are when it comes to health, compared to women.

48: Misandry - Health - YouTube
I hate to say this, but prostate cancer does not kill as many men as breast cancer kills women. Breast cancer affects all ages, prostate usually in older men and is one of the slowest growing cancers there is. Most men are more likely to die of old age than most forms of prostate cancer.

Also, most major drug therapies on the last century have been geared to and developed using male volunteers. Gardisil is one of the only vaccines that used women as test subjects then when it was approved it was recommended that teenage boys also recieve the vaccine.

The only cancer that kills equally and with no regard is malignant melanoma. Men's health has been studied far longer and with much greater emphasis than womens over the ages, or do I need to remind you how many women sacrificed thier lives in childbirth all the way up to the 1940's due to the lack of not only hygene, but because a father would have to choose between the life of the mother or the child? And how many countless women have died because we have completely different signs of a heart attack than men do, so we're often ignored for hours in ER's?

Yes, women tend to seek a Dr.'s help far quicker than a man would, but that can't be blamed on anything but stubbornness imo. I've bent over backwards, made appointments and offered to hold hands to beg the men in my life to please get a problem checked out. Short of forcing them at gunpoint...I'm at a loss as to make it happen! Frustrates me to no end!!

Also pointing out... I posted a great link on where to find support, recovery and acceptance for male victims of sexual abuse. I sincerely hope those who need it use it. I know what rape is like unfortunately and I chose to deal with it on my own because I was too embarrassed I let it happen to me. It matters not wether your male or female, the shame and guilt stay with you a very long time.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that little rant is a whole 'nother thread, quietman.

this is an important issue to a lot of us so it'd be nice not to derail. starting a thread on gender inequality in health care would be a good idea. i'm sure there are people who would like to debate the issue who won't be reading this thread.

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I hate to say this, but prostate cancer does not kill as many men as breast cancer kills women.

The point I was making, and that you ignored, is that 100 times more is spent on Breast Cancer research, compared to prostate cancer. This is despite the fact that they kill in similar numbers. Testicular cancer is also similarly ignored.

It is related to this thread, because it raises awareness of the fact that male victims of ANYTHING go largely ignored. This includes sexual abuse, work related deaths, suicides, homelessness, and health.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I have no doubt that in the West there is an imbalance in core attitudes to men and women. The only argument would be to what extent.

When women are guilty of abuse, it is presented as an aberration; we even make jokes about it, Mrs. Bobbit et al. A duallist mindset does not help and we seem to have a vested interest in believing that all women are lovely mummies.

Men on the other hand, well, all men are rapists right? Women are victims and men are perpetrators, x out of y are raped, x out of y suffer domestic abuse etc etc and the picture builds up. Sober woman fucks drunk man? Sober man fucks drunk woman? One is a lucky bastard for getting his end away, the other a victim of date rape. Actually, both have been abused. We even blame the man for having "beer goggles" rather than conceive that the woman took advantage of him.

Domestic violence is the area in the UK where the statistics are trying to fight back against cultural prejudice. Most official studies now put it fifty fifty with the younger generations, but you won't find shelters for abused men, you won't find housing and protection programmes for them, you won't find kids being removed from abusive women and their visitation rights being witheld to anything like the extent that this happens to men.

I don't think that the statistics ultimately matter. What matters is that we recognise that people of either gender can be abusive. This is what upsets me, namely that men have to fight to even get it recognised that a woman may have abused them in some way.

Dport

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watched a documentary one time about prison rape victims.

One was a young guy in prison on a drug charge. He got overpowered, raped beyond belief, had to have reconstructive surgery on his butt, and then the other prisoners and some guards would belittle him, calling him a faggot and a pussy the whole time he was in prison.

And he couldn't say anything because then they would have beat him up for being a 'snitch'.

The kid came out of prison HIV positive. Very sad shit.

Guardian100

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
26 Male Survivors Of Sexual Assault Quoting The People Who Attacked Them This is all adults, at the link. The victims are male, the abusers both sexes. They are showing courage.

I saw that on reddit yesterday, it makes you think we probably all know a male who was molested but they keep it to themselves, perhaps it might help explain the homophobia some men have and the irrational fear parents have for their kids.

Growing up my father was absolutely convinced that my brother and I would be bum raped if we ever used a public tiolet alone, my brother and mates used to laugh about it but it was effective enough that when ever we went to the park we'd piss behind a tree or bush instead of using the men's tiolets.

Come to think of it he was really really paranoid that we'd be interfered with and our baby sitter told me that his worst nightmare was that if one of us turned out to be gay, it was lol's all around when I came out of the closest at 18 (to be fair he dealt it with it better than my mum who just acted completely weird for about a year)