The shrinking penis problem and the pituitary gland.

jacenx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
for the folks here, i do not have a medical degree but I rely on medical reports and studies done by researchers. Those studies appear in various sources, most often journals of medecine. I think the statistics speak for themselves.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
for the folks here, i do not have a medical degree but I rely on medical reports and studies done by researchers. Those studies appear in various sources, most often journals of medecine. I think the statistics speak for themselves.

Well, I do have a medical degree. And you don't know what you are talking about, statistics or not.

Reactions: japetty

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Funny, I've never met an oncologist who wasn't an Internist. Max, I didn't know, but I did presume. It shows.

You obviously don't know as many oncologists as I do. There are surgical oncologists whose primary residency was in general surgery or obstetrics and gynecology. And there are a few oncologists who trained as family physicians. And of course, many who trained as pediatricians.

D

deleted1095170

OP if you have a prolactinoma, surgery is a last resort. You need a good endocrinologist. First line of treatment is carbergoline/dostinex, a simple tablet to be taken that will usually reduce the prolactinoma and return all hormones to normal levels. There are no side effects from this.
Be careful with terminology. Cancer and tumours sound frightening because there are many malignant tumours that can eventually lead to death. In contrast, a prolactinoma is a benign tumour that never spreads outside of the pituitary gland. In most cases the carbergoline/destined should be sufficient.
The treatment of carbergoline/dostinex might be classified as chemotherapy but it is very different to a patient with malignant cancer whose chemotherapy may make their hair fall out. There are no side effects from carbergoline/dostinex.

You may need supplementary hormones (thyroxine/hydrocortisone/growth hormone/testosterone) as an interim measure.
If surgery is recommended (should only really happen where there is a risk of damage to the optic nerve and tumour is not responding to medication) make sure it is with a surgeon that performs a significant number of these types of surgeries every year.

The Meat Rod Cometh

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my early 20ies I had a decent size penis. I was 6.9 to 7.2 inches (175mm-183mm) and about 1.5 inches thick (38mm). Around age 26, I noticed I had lost length and girth. I went and saw a doctor about it. He assured me that most men loose some size with age. Unfortunately, I accepted this and moved on. About age 28, I had an explosion in my weight.I am 5'8" (173cm) tall. I went from 150lbs (68kg) active and fit to 230lbs (105kg) and dead on my feet in about two months. I went to a different doctor. He dismissed my claim and said I was getting an early start on my middle age spread. He advised me to eat better and get more exercise. I joined the YMCA and used their facilities and absolutely could not keep my energy levels up.

So by age 30, I became a stay at home father and not by choice. That was the biggest kick in the head I have ever received in my life. I signed up to receive my disability benefits. Damn good idea. I fought for the benefits I paid for and got the health insurance that comes along with it, at age 35. I've consulted with many doctors and had many tests just to check on my overall health. Finally, something shows up a few weeks back. I am 40 years old now.

My tests revealed that my testosterone was in the tank. Not even registerable by the lab standards. My estrogen levels are that of a preteen girl. Further testing revealed that I have a tumor on my pituitary gland and it's been there for a long while. Perhaps even since I was a kid because I was always sick and under weight and height for my age. The doctor also told me it's the reason why my genitals are shrinking. Unfortunately, I'll never get my penis size back. When my the doctor told me all of this, I nearly lost my shit. I could have been cured with meds 15 to 20 years ago if my doctors had not been so dismissive of me. I wouldn't have had all these other weight related health problems.

Now I face radiation and chemo. If that doesn't get rid of the tumor, it will be onto surgery. The pituitary gland is at the base of the brain on the brain stem. To get to it, they have to go through the front of the neck, close to the jugular vein, because the spinal column blocks access from the back.

Another bit of info on this. It is suspected that all my years of using a microwave oven, eating and drinking from plastic containers may have caused this estrogen surge. Not to mention the use of soy in food products. Which can mimic estrogen in the body's system.

Why am I sharing this, so others don't get into a preventable health situation like mine?. If you feel you have a serious health issue, and the doctor seems quick to dismiss your concerns, get a third and even a fifth opinion. Don't stop until you are satisfied that your health is in good standing.

Thanks for sharing that with us. I pray you get your size back with the technology soon to come.
I can 100% guarantee you that the microwaves, cell phones, plastic and soy you used caused the tumor/shrinkage or were at least HUGE contributors. Check out my website ASAP. www.pfscure.webs.com. I cover how to increase your length naturally and all that entails.
Through diet alone you can enlarge by at least a half inch. My research is taking me in the direction of safely manipulating the pituitary to trigger penis growth until a stop in growth is desired.

Feel free to message me for more info. There is a condition called PFS which causes men's penises to shrink due to taking Saw Palmetto or Finasteride (both poisons, one "natural" one artificial), which men have been cured from by following my recommends.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You obviously don't know as many oncologists as I do. There are surgical oncologists whose primary residency was in general surgery or obstetrics and gynecology. And there are a few oncologists who trained as family physicians. And of course, many who trained as pediatricians.

Crickets of course.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In my early 20ies I had a decent size penis. I was 6.9 to 7.2 inches (175mm-183mm) and about 1.5 inches thick (38mm). Around age 26, I noticed I had lost length and girth. I went and saw a doctor about it. He assured me that most men loose some size with age. Unfortunately, I accepted this and moved on. About age 28, I had an explosion in my weight.I am 5'8" (173cm) tall. I went from 150lbs (68kg) active and fit to 230lbs (105kg) and dead on my feet in about two months. I went to a different doctor. He dismissed my claim and said I was getting an early start on my middle age spread. He advised me to eat better and get more exercise. I joined the YMCA and used their facilities and absolutely could not keep my energy levels up.

So by age 30, I became a stay at home father and not by choice. That was the biggest kick in the head I have ever received in my life. I signed up to receive my disability benefits. Damn good idea. I fought for the benefits I paid for and got the health insurance that comes along with it, at age 35. I've consulted with many doctors and had many tests just to check on my overall health. Finally, something shows up a few weeks back. I am 40 years old now.

My tests revealed that my testosterone was in the tank. Not even registerable by the lab standards. My estrogen levels are that of a preteen girl. Further testing revealed that I have a tumor on my pituitary gland and it's been there for a long while. Perhaps even since I was a kid because I was always sick and under weight and height for my age. The doctor also told me it's the reason why my genitals are shrinking. Unfortunately, I'll never get my penis size back. When my the doctor told me all of this, I nearly lost my shit. I could have been cured with meds 15 to 20 years ago if my doctors had not been so dismissive of me. I wouldn't have had all these other weight related health problems.

Now I face radiation and chemo. If that doesn't get rid of the tumor, it will be onto surgery. The pituitary gland is at the base of the brain on the brain stem. To get to it, they have to go through the front of the neck, close to the jugular vein, because the spinal column blocks access from the back.

Another bit of info on this. It is suspected that all my years of using a microwave oven, eating and drinking from plastic containers may have caused this estrogen surge. Not to mention the use of soy in food products. Which can mimic estrogen in the body's system.

Why am I sharing this, so others don't get into a preventable health situation like mine?. If you feel you have a serious health issue, and the doctor seems quick to dismiss your concerns, get a third and even a fifth opinion. Don't stop until you are satisfied that your health is in good standing.

I had one anc only had to take cabergoline tablets and still take one weekly. It has not been that severe for me. Can't believe some md did not find this problem. All mine required was a ct scan. Even saw an endocrinologist. Wasn't that big deal. I was lucky!

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had one anc only had to take cabergoline tablets and still take one weekly. It has not been that severe for me. Can't believe some md did not find this problem. All mine required was a ct scan. Even saw an endocrinologist. Wasn't that big deal. I was lucky!

Just one comment here - MRI, not CT, you don't want to radiate brain.

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Actually, CT gives very poor resolution of the base of the brain and the pituitary sella, the little egg cup that holds the little pea that controls so much. No such problems with MRI, with the bonus of no radiation. Of course, if you have certain metals in your body, the magnetic field will rip it out, turning the local area into hamburger. But those are technical issues we leave to the radiologists to deal with. Seriously, please let us know that you are seeing an endocrinologist, and keep us posted on your progress. In spite of a lot of nonsense that is being posted, a number of us actually do care very much about your well being, even if we are anonymous blurs on your monitor.

Reactions: tinydick4u

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, CT gives very poor resolution of the base of the brain and the pituitary sella, the little egg cup that holds the little pea that controls so much. No such problems with MRI, with the bonus of no radiation. Of course, if you have certain metals in your body, the magnetic field will rip it out, turning the local area into hamburger. But those are technical issues we leave to the radiologists to deal with. Seriously, please let us know that you are seeing an endocrinologist, and keep us posted on your progress. In spite of a lot of nonsense that is being posted, a number of us actually do care very much about your well being, even if we are anonymous blurs on your monitor.

+1

tinydick4u

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Okay, You've got a prolactinoma. Plastics and microwaves had nothing to do with it. It also had nothing to do with the state of your health as a kid. Hopefully your current doctor knows that if the tumor is greater than 1cm, you always try chemo, and possibly radiation to shrink it before surgery is considered. I've never heard of an anterior neck approach to a pituitary tumor. Invariably, the neurosurgeon goes in through the mouth and up to grab it. So ask some more questions, especially how many of these operations does the guy do in a year? Next, fond as I am of smaller phalluses, yours probably is the result of pubic fat accumulation. If you gained a lot of weight, the fat pad on your pubic bone (the mons veneris, or in this case, the mons martis) pushed the penile skin down, causing the apparent "shrinkage" Low testosterone happens, fat produces hormones that block testosterone. Excess fat also converts testosterone into estrogen. (The good news is that men need estrogen to prevent osteoporosis, but that's another story for another day). Get the fat off, your testosterone will come back to some degree along with your penis. Worst case scenario, testosterone comes in a bottle, and you would be a prime candidate for it. Sorry about the poor diagnostic skills, but time to get used to that with PAs and NPs taking over from real doctors. Sound to me that you need an endocrinologist, who you are probably already seeing, and a urologist for the little peter issues. Best of luck.

Thanks for the info and concern. I'll do more research and ask more questions.

Fat pad around the base is an issue but my current doctor says it only accounts for about 1.5 inches of length loss. He thinks my estrogen levels have been high for so long that it caused the shrinkage. I know that M2F transsexualsals on estrogen can go through a pierod of penile shrinkage.