The Size of a Friend

e2626

Sexy Member
Media
I really appreciate the suggestion, blutrane, because that's actually something that I've been thinking a lot about lately. Posting a little bit at a time doesn't really work with the story that I'm writing and I'm sure that it can be frustrating for many of you. Even I had to reread the whole story from the beginning to make sure that I had all my facts straight; there is a lot going on and I agree that the serialized format isn't doing this story any favors.

Blutrane, you said "if you're truly writing this for you and not for an audience, just write it and post it when it's done. Stop trying to be cute with it.", and I think there is some merit to that. Even though I agree that it isn't ideal, I've continued posting the story one chapter at a time because other LPSG members have expressed not waiting to wait too long. I know that seems like a joke after I took 6 months off for school, but that really is the only reason I continue to post "The Size of a Friend" one segment at a time.

If the consensus is that I should finish the entire story and then post it, as opposed to posting it one chapter at a time, then I'll be happy to do that. Just be aware that even though I am writing again (I'm finishing a chapter about once every too weeks) I really have no idea how long it will take me to finish the entire story. It may make the last break I took seem very short by comparison.

Its entirely up to you guys.

And as always, thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: Totan and idlewood

six_around

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just write it the way you enjoy writing it. I am sure people are ecstatic that you came back. Most stories here start off great and then just die out with no ending as the author never finishes. As long as you keep the story alive I would be happy. Whatever keeps you writing works for me.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Posting a little bit at a time doesn't really work with the story that I'm writing and I'm sure that it can be frustrating for many of you. Even I had to reread the whole story from the beginning to make sure that I had all my facts straight; there is a lot going on and I agree that the serialized format isn't doing this story any favors.

Blutrane, you said "if you're truly writing this for you and not for an audience, just write it and post it when it's done. Stop trying to be cute with it.", and I think there is some merit to that. Even though I agree that it isn't ideal, I've continued posting the story one chapter at a time because other LPSG members have expressed not waiting to wait too long. I know that seems like a joke after I took 6 months off for school, but that really is the only reason I continue to post "The Size of a Friend" one segment at a time.

If the consensus is that I should finish the entire story and then post it, as opposed to posting it one chapter at a time, then I'll be happy to do that. Just be aware that even though I am writing again (I'm finishing a chapter about once every too weeks) I really have no idea how long it will take me to finish the entire story. It may make the last break I took seem very short by comparison.

Its entirely up to you guys.

And as always, thanks for the kind words.
I think working away until it's done and then posting the remaining chapters all at once is the way to go.
It's lovely, very well done ... one of the top stories in the forum.
But as you say yourself, it's hard to keep the whole thing in mind when chapters come out so intermittently.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have only one request, please bring the two story lines together soon. Monica as a character is a seemingly tenuous connection at best. The first part of the story which focused on Samantha was great. Now we seem to be focused on Diana, but other than Monica, there seems very little connection between the stories, and Monica is only a supporting character in each. There is obvious potential in this new story on its own, but for someone reading from the beginning, the transition to the second story arc is a bit of a rude awakening.

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have only one request, please bring the two story lines together soon. Monica as a character is a seemingly tenuous connection at best. The first part of the story which focused on Samantha was great. Now we seem to be focused on Diana, but other than Monica, there seems very little connection between the stories, and Monica is only a supporting character in each. There is obvious potential in this new story on its own, but for someone reading from the beginning, the transition to the second story arc is a bit of a rude awakening.

This is a developing story, with chapters and sub-plots...these stories aren't all straight up sex in your face

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a developing story, with chapters and sub-plots...these stories aren't all straight up sex in your face
I am not at all complaining about the lack of sex, I am just saying that I wish for a bit more continuity. I dont get the sense that Im really still in the same narrative, the same universe as I read the second story. Please dont misconstrue my request as something it is not.