Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Much has been said about the infamous 'towel dance' in locker rooms, but recently I noticed something else that might warrant some discussion.

I'll admit that I tend to wear sleeveless T-shirts because they're comfortable, but also because I have a slight pit fetish. As you might have guessed from the thread title, this has lead to several interesting comments by others.

For the record, I do not go about flashing my pits at others LOL I wear them to keep cool in the tropics where I live.

Point I'm trying to raise here is that apparently, it's gross to wear a sleeveless shirt where I come from unless you're one of those hulking bodybuilders. Upon some discrete investigation, I found out that apparently it's not a unique phenomenon - most people who aren't involved in sports seem to dislike them.

(Maybe it's similar to the anti-speedo sentiment?)

Anyone else come across any anti-sleeveless comments before?

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
haven't come across any negativity. wear what you are comfortable wearing, especially in the tropics. my only suggestion is to make sure you towel off equipment after using. i'm sure you do but just putting that out there.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
haven't come across any negativity. wear what you are comfortable wearing, especially in the tropics. my only suggestion is to make sure you towel off equipment after using. i'm sure you do but just putting that out there.

Ah, forgot to mention that I'm not a gym-goer... I'm a swimmer :D

Although, I am paranoid about germs - to the point that I wash my hands thrice after handling chemicals in the lab, applying medication to my dogs, etc.

So wipe-downs are mandatory as far as I'm concerned - before AND after.

Last edited:

rainbowknight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My humble opinion is that I think they are cool in certain settings. The ones that you mention are fine and I don't think that people "hate them."

Where I have issues with them and people that I know have issues also is in restaurants where people serve themselves. It is not only male but female also. The sweat rolling down the person's arm is the problem.

Other than that I think they are cool.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Much has been said about the infamous 'towel dance' in locker rooms, but recently I noticed something else that might warrant some discussion.

I'll admit that I tend to wear sleeveless T-shirts because they're comfortable, but also because I have a slight pit fetish. As you might have guessed from the thread title, this has lead to several interesting comments by others.

For the record, I do not go about flashing my pits at others LOL I wear them to keep cool in the tropics where I live.

Point I'm trying to raise here is that apparently, it's gross to wear a sleeveless shirt where I come from unless you're one of those hulking bodybuilders. Upon some discrete investigation, I found out that apparently it's not a unique phenomenon - most people who aren't involved in sports seem to dislike them.

(Maybe it's similar to the anti-speedo sentiment?)

Anyone else come across any anti-sleeveless comments before?

I wear them all the time during the summer because here in eastern Virginia it gets hot and humid. I have never gotten any comments but several weeks ago I got off my boat and had on still damp board shorts and a sleevless t-shirt when I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner. While I was in there and a matronly woman gave me a look sorta like she was disgusted. lol

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Before I get started, I see a sleeveless t shirt and a wife beater as two different things.

Ok, moving on, The only time I see it ok to wear a sleeveless t shirt is on a football field, and in the bym. Other than that I think they look pretty sloppy, and I don't wear them.

I do wear wife beaters and find them kind of sexy, but never something I would wear out in public.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everyone has their personal preference on fashion. So regardless of what you wear... someone out there is going to have a problem with what you wear.

Therefore, wear whatever you want!

As for me personally, I believe it is OK to wear a sleeveless anytime except where your sweat from your armpit will fall into someone's food (server or cook) or into a chemical solution/bath. Otherwise, rock your shit.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm, the food issue's certainly a valid point.

Other than that, it just seems to be a sort of extension to the anti-speedo thing that's been moving around XD
People are coming around on males bodies. Or so it seems. Slowly.

I have an underwear fetish thing going on and like wearing sexy underwear... even as a straight guy. Most girls will say that they are indifferent about underwear... but in actuality I've had a few show interest and support for guys looking good in underwear. I think swimsuits are not too far off.

D_Ernest Porknine

Experimental Member
Media
What I have to chuckle about in the gym is the young dudes that wear the totally large type tank tops that are more or less draped upon their bodies with their skinny arms. Add to that they wear sunglasses INDOORS to try to look cool. They are not.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Before I get started, I see a sleeveless t shirt and a A-shirt as two different things.

Ok, moving on, The only time I see it ok to wear a sleeveless t shirt is on a football field, and in the bym. Other than that I think they look pretty sloppy, and I don't wear them.

I do wear A-shirts and find them kind of sexy, but never something I would wear out in public.

Fyp. Yw. :)

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like muscle shirts (sleeveless t-shirts) better than tank tops (wife beaters). I wear muscle shirts in the summer when it's warm. I keep the hair in my armpits trimmed, so I can wear sleeveless t-shirts anywhere I go.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wear them all the time....im warm natured and sweat like a pig this time of year with the humidity. I have a number of sleeveless shirts and wear them out n about doing errands before i work out usually. Never had a negative reaction, but I wear them when and where its appropriate.

Sabln9A

Sexy Member
Media
I have lived in the South and the West most of my life. I don't mind men or women wearing sleeveless shirts in any casual venue, including restaurants. I see them everywhere, and I have never seen anyone have a negative reaction to them. In fact, when I was younger and thinner, I wore mesh T shirts without sleeves just about everywhere except to work or to church. I never got a negative comment.

Mark9591

Experimental Member
Media
I still wearing sleeveless tee and wore them often during warmer month.I started wearing sleeveless tee often when I was about 14.I wore mostly dark blue,black,grey,white etc.I wore them to almost anywhere except some bars or nightclub which doesnt allowed as they have dress code policy..Howver,when I was teen back in the 80s, not that many young guys wore sleeveless tee compared to now.Back at that time when young guys wore black sleeveless tee and jeans were often stereotype label as bad guy or troublemaker.A young guys wore sleeveless tee and jeans look sexy