The Smell of a Guy

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well i have this idea that if you like or attracted to someone, only you can smell their natural BO or you sense it much stronger than anyone else. i remember this guy that just smelled so freakin good to me and everytime i passed him by, which was a lot, i would take the biggest inhale ever. and im sure he did the same thing.

briefs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I'm attracted to a man I love the way he smells - fresh from a shower with plain soap, a little sweaty after a walk, really sweaty after a day of hard work, and, especially, really ripe after not washing for days. And each place has its special odor - his hair, armpits, chest, butt, crotch, foreskin, feet.

If I'm not attracted to a guy I basically ignore it.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like to wear my lover's T-shirts just so I can smell him when I'm away on business trips. I just may be the only one out there that wears my lover's clothes for the smell. T-shirts are the best smell-wise I've found.

blackbottom2

Expert Member
Media
The smell of an attractive (depends on how horny i am) guy from his armpits gives me a boner especially if he is working and lifting his arms up and is about four feet away -enough to waft his delicious fit smells in my direction

A mouthfull of chemicals is a bad thing and in any case the aerosol types are reputed to be a direct causation link to cancer development

A nice sweaty crotch with a musky smell makes MY BALLS LEAK PRECUM COPIOUSLY

A clean sweaty arse has a unique very personal and intimate fragrance

Find some guys feet even smell great

HEY AM I KINKY OR WHAT???????

chris1017

Experimental Member
Media
I couldn't agree more with earllogjam, either clean with a neutral soap like Ivory or slightly grubby and sweaty.....colognes and after shave lotions are
a complete turn off. use of a neutral deodorant that stops the underarm BO
but never lingers like Right Guard is good.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Deodorants are gross, anti perspirants are worse and, I suspect, bad for you - there is a reason you sweat heavily in your underarms - blocking it all in is a bad idea. I now use a thing called crystal rock, not perfumed and it doesn't stop the sweat - it just stops the bacteria making the bad smell.
Just be sure you know which crystal rock you are using - and actually, all of them are anti-perspirant to some degree. They use either alum (a mixture of aluminum sulfates) or aluminum chlorhydrate (the nastier one used in commercial products). If you want to test it, touch the tip of your tongue to the crystal - if it is super-bitter, it's likely one of those two products. Some claim they use "aluminum-free alum" but there really is no such thing.

Body smell is good. Personally I think people have been totally fucked over by the personal hygene products industry's agressive marketing over the last 20 to 30 years. Used to be that people showered or bathed once or twice a week, slapped on some talc or nothing at all and then would have a splash and dry on the inbetween days. My grandparents did this all their lives and never smelled bad to me. And my parents still wash themselves that way and it's only after heavy physical work that my dad might hum a little - in which case he takes a shower.

But no - we have been taught by marketing that we are dirty and nasty and must scrub everyday and pour scent on ourselves. Bollocks - I have only felt that to be true when I was living and commuting in London for a year (scrubbing, not scenting, I wear a small amount of perfume from time to time, but never on a regular basis). Deodorants are gross, anti perspirants are worse and, I suspect, bad for you - there is a reason you sweat heavily in your underarms - blocking it all in is a bad idea. I now use a thing called crystal rock, not perfumed and it doesn't stop the sweat - it just stops the bacteria making the bad smell. Once you wash your face, neck, underarms, privates (and, for some, feet) daily you're fine - there is absolutely no need to go wasting all that energy heating water (and indeed the water!) for the daily showers we've been told we need to take.

Sorry - going off-topic there - I feel strongly - can you tell?
Barbarian approach... I just use water and hands, can't remember the last time I used soap.

People who shower every day often smell worse than me on my 6th.

Heresay mass marketing often pisses me off. :p

Tygerkat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband doesn't like to wear cologne, which is fine with me. He wears a nice deoderant, though, and the smell of that is pleasant. I also like his "natural" smell. I have a fairly sensitive nose so anything too strong bothers me and I'm glad he doesn't wear anything other than his deoderant. And I'm really glad he doesn't smoke! The stench of cigarette smoke, even in passing, makes me gag. In fact, if he'd been a smoker, we never would've gone out, let alone gotten married!

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Scent is the strongest thing tied to memory. If you like your partner's smell, getting closer to them (within 2 feet of each other) helps to maintain the relationship.

Way back when cars were first being made, they all had bench seats. Men would usually drive the car, and the women had the choice to sit by the passenger window. Most would sit RIGHT NEXT to their man. When cars and trucks started coming with bucket seats, the divorce rate went up. A study was done and it determined that couples owning vehicles containing bench seats where they could sit right next to each other were more likely to stay together, because they could smell their spouse whether they knew it or not.

I have also tested this theory myself with my car and truck. Mostly I'd use the car which had bucket seats. If the relationship started going bad, I wouldn't try to save it, I would just continue as normal but we'd take the truck. Everything seemed to smooth out and flow normal. Didn't matter if I was dating a guy or girl. It seemed to have the same effect.

So stay close to each other and breathe in them pheremones!!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
EagleCowboy,

Boy that's interesting about bench seats and divorce rates. You think guys with trucks have better marriages that guys that drive cars? Hmmmmm.

There probably is some truth to it though. Pheremones are very powerful for my attractions. If I like the way a guy smells I'm hooked. When I'm driving in the car with my honey I usually always have my hand on their left thigh or under it, nothing sexual I just like that closeness feel, a feel that guys with bench seats always have when driving together.

husky14620

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I personally sweat very strongly, especially my armpits and groin, and require a shower or bath every day. However, the same active perspiration also reacts very badly with most scented deodorants and I absolutely cannot use colognes. I use baby powder for both its scent and its absorbancy.

I also suspect my personal difficulty with my own scent is reflected in my total aversion to any man wearing strong artificial scents. I also can't stand women with strong perfumes, and people using strong "air fresheners". Too many people have bought into the marketing that natural aromas are offensive but overpowering alcohol carried "scents" are pleasant. I find most of the colgnes, perfumes, and room scents are much more offensive and sickening than strong BO.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cologne can be a deal breaker....the problem I believe is that guys just don't know when to stop with putting it on...it should be a hint, a wisp, just the tiniest smell....I really don't want to recoginize someone 25 feet away based solely on his dousing himself with cologne.
For my self, I love the natural smell of a man...whether it is fresh from the shower clean or home after a hard day's work or even or especially after a few hot sweaty hours in the sheets. :cool: :wink:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
EagleCowboy,

Boy that's interesting about bench seats and divorce rates. You think guys with trucks have better marriages that guys that drive cars? Hmmmmm.

No, I don't think that guys that drive trucks have better marriages than guys that drive cars. I was using trucks as an example as most trucks come with bench seats. It's a proximity thing. The closer to them you are, the more likely you are to stay together.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There are some colognes that are quite nice in small doses... I think what happens too often (has someone said this already?) people put on too much and/or what they wear doesn't really jive with their chemistry.