The Smell of Love

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Reading this earlier, got me to thinking about a guy i used to date, he had this scent/musk about him, natural not offensive at all, but made me wanna keep sniffing him, even his clothes, bedding etc.
I was very turned on sexually with him also because of this , do some people smell better to you?
This article may help, tell me if you have had a experience like that.
A look at how human body odor influences sexual attraction.

After long dismissing the search for a human pheromone as folly, scientists have begun to take a second look at how human body odor influences sexual attraction. The magic scent is not some romantic elixir but the aromatic effluence of our immune system. The only trouble is we don't give it half a chance.
How do we humans announce, and excite, sexual availability? Many animals do it with their own biochemical bouquets known as pheromones. "Why do bulls and horses turn up their nostrils when excited by love?" Darwin pondered deep in one of his unpublished notebooks. He came to believe that natural selection designed animals to produce two, and only two, types of odors—defensive ones, like the skunk's, and scents for territorial marking and mate attracting, like that exuded by the male musk deer and bottled by perfumers everywhere. The evaluative sniffing that mammals engage in during courtship were clues that scent is the chemical equivalent of the peacock's plumage or the nightingale's song—finery with which to attract mates.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! I totally get it. I'm not into really stinky men, but most guys have a smell that just gets my dick going. If they're too clean (ie not odor at all) its almost a turnoff. But get my nose in some guys armpits or groins and I'm in heaven! I know that sex is largely due to the brain, but my nose has a big role to play too.

I knew about pheromones but have always been reluctant to bring it up with my partner who is massively over-clean focused. He already thinks I'm a sex-crazed nympho anyway; this would send him over the edge!!! LOL

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I learned this from an early age and put it to the test. Also did some reading up on it.

There was this one girl I dated for a long time and we traveled a lot. I noticed that when we took the car which had bucket seat and a center console, the relationship never went too well and we seemed to drift further apart. Now when we took the truck on a regular basis, it had a bench seat and she would always sit right next to me. Seems like the relationship suddenly got much better and she would always stay right next to me anywhere we went outside of the truck.

I read that when the automobile went to bucket seat, center consoles, and away from bench seats, the divorce rates went up. Also, those people that had bench seats were more likely to stay together.

My grandparents had a 1977 Chevy 4X4 with bucket seats and a center console. The console was flat and at seat level and grandma was a tiny lady, so she got a pillow to fit over the lid of the console, and always sat right next to grandpa. Same with the car. I do believe that was what kept their marriage strong and they never fought.

Also, scent is the strongest thing tied to memory. So the more you can smell your mate whether you're aware of it or not, the more likely you are to be so into them, the better the relationship will fare.